• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Comer Tournament !!!!

Winabago

Smash Rookie
Winabago
Faux Finder S/N: Winabago
I am interested in signing up for the tournament for play today!
My skill level is about: 5
My character will be: Captian Falcon
Brawl Screen Name: WINAB

Ivysaur

Smash Cadet
ALRIGHT PEOPLE!!! I think we can get this thing on within the next two hours! I'm going to compile all the new members, create the brackets, I'm going to create a chat room, and PM to everyone the person they need to play with the rules. Come back to this thread periodically within the next hour and a half!

ALRIGHT PEOPLE!!! I think we can get this thing on within the next two hours! I'm going to compile all the new members, create the brackets, I'm going to create a chat room, and PM to everyone the person they need to play with the rules. Come back to this thread periodically within the next hour and a half!
2 hours?By that time, it'll be 8 Pm.

Ivysaur

Smash Cadet
PM me if you battle with a different character! You can only choose your character on the first round and this will be your character for the rest of the game.

Ivysaur
Pokemon Trainer
2277-6453-0613

Vs.

Vmage
Jigglypuff(or he might be Kirby)
1118-0507-9458

Capt. Collin’s
Luigi
4254-3968-2191

vs

DreadCthuslhu
Falco
3995-6191-5592

Psychicboy
Pit
4855-7368-5543

vs

Winabego
Captain Falcon
1634-6053-2433

DJ Raze
Wolf
4253-3164-3569

Vs.

Hoshi
Meta Knight
3996-3095-6519

Pwnerbren
Metaknight
5155-2584-0929

VS.

Ray Robo
Metaknight
3395-5573-1816

O.I.P.
Wolf
1032-1862-7207

Vs.

Krypt
Yoshi
(needs friend code)

THE CHANNEL FOR THE TOURNAMENT IS ON http://fsmash.org/ AND JUST JOIN THE CHANNEL "TOURNAMENT"

THE RULES ARE AS FOLLOWS:

THREE(3) STOCKS PER ROUND, AND EACH MATCH IS BEST OF TWO OUT OF THREE BETWEEN EACH CONTENDER.
ALL ITEMS ARE ON, BUT ON LOW - REPEAT ALL ITEMS LOW

Find your opponent - and once you guys are done, come back as soon as possible to PM me who won and how.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

CaptCollins

Smash Cadet
Edit me in as metaknight lol sorry
Whats the wait period for matches/what if theres bad lag

DreadCthulhu

Smash Cadet
ATTENTION: my gamer code is NOT what is says on my profile (for this tourney at least)
if you already have me as a friend please be aware

My friendcode for THIS TOURNAMENT ONLY is: 2149-7012-9743

thank you... I am Cthulhu, have a nice day

CaptCollins

Smash Cadet
You need to switch me to mk so everyone knows ahead of time (i gave dread advanced notice).
I cam out on top in those roudns but it was close. Also, i ****ing hate items haha

**And emerald zone** ****ing spinning things hahaha

DreadCthulhu

Smash Cadet
Yeah, why the **** are items on, its just adding a random variable to the game, the point of competition is to remove those variables. Im not upset at the concept (i joined the tourney knowing this), im just wondering why you decided to make it apart of the ruleset.

CaptCollins

Smash Cadet
Yeah, why the **** are items on, its just adding a random variable to the game, the point of competition is to remove those variables. Im not upset at the concept (i joined the tourney knowing this), im just wondering why you decided to make it apart of the ruleset.
you almost beat me cause of them....bugger :p

Who does i play next? :)

Ivysaur

Smash Cadet
Low items are there for(if there weren't LOW items on, those rounds don't count):

A) This is newcomer tournament(though not necessarily n00b, of course)
B) This incentivizes people to move around with no real timer to worry about. There's a problem with players just sitting during stock matches in order to bait opponents(games last wayy too long this way).
C) Faster smaller characters in the game design were meant to be able to take advantage of items(metaknight, kirby, and pikachu being probably the only exceptions). Squirtle, Jigglypuff, Iceclimbers, Pit - among others, need items to make up for a poor fling(did I mention they're extremely good at getting items).
D) All stages are allowed.

Lol it's okay DreadCthulhu - I know how cheap Capt. is. :laugh:
Be glad that he was metaknight though, and not falco.

psychicboy said:
Im ready whenever you are bago.
PM him.

CaptCollins

Smash Cadet
DONT YOU DARE TALK ABOUT CHEAP. When you just picked dedede and went to the bottom right corner of corneria and waited and waited and waited. I only went down there cause it was a friendly. lol Not cool. Anyway, do i play the winner of ivys game? You boys atta get that goin

CaptCollins

Smash Cadet
We should move on without them or this thing will go on forever. Hoshi we might as well play each other now, cause its gonna happen sooner or later ;) Reppin the mk ya boiiiii

Top Bottom