• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Comer Tournament !!!!

highfive

Smash Lord
HOR is actually High Ocean Republic, a notorious gang of hoodlums who go around the boards attempting to force innocent bystanders in to rebellious acts against society.

MAD is actually Mid Air Democracy. Or something. I think there's a hyphen in there. Maybe not. Either way they're like the police and try to stop HOR from doing bad things.

Discuss.

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
HOR is actually High Ocean Republic, a notorious gang of hoodlums who go around the boards attempting to force innocent bystanders in to rebellious acts against society.

MAD is actually Mid Air Democracy. Or something. I think there's a hyphen in there. Maybe not. Either way they're like the police and try to stop HOR from doing bad things.

Discuss.
I am HOR. /discussion

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
This has become more of a social for clan members rather than a newcomer tourney sugn-up

Ivysaur

Smash Cadet
Ivy, even if I can't get a faux, can I still join?
Yes you can. You need to outline:

A) Your name
B) When you can play
C) Your skill level, 1 through 5
D) The ONE character you'll play with(which I'm guessing is meta knight).

I apologize if you've already done this - I'm actually in a hurry and just quickly scanned the thread(because of all the BS posts).

I'll add everyone else as well.

I think we'll have to postpone this tournament til' tomarrow on account of there not being at least 8 active people at this time.

Try to be free between 3:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M. Standard Pacific Time. But any time is good really(this seems to be the best time for most players so far, however).

highfive

Smash Lord
I truly hope you're wrong about that. I'm actually pulling for the success of this tournament.

SO BEHAVE PEOPLE!
>.>
*cough*CGs, camping, multiple MKs*cough*

This has become more of a social for clan members rather than a newcomer tourney sugn-up
Hush now child. Mama will make everything better.

To stay on topic:
Will there be some sort of prize? Will you get the Tournament Director title? How will you seed your brackets? What about DQ's and time limits? How many matches will the finals be? Will this be single or double elimation?

psychicboy

Smash Apprentice
Yes you can. You need to outline:

A) Your name
B) When you can play
C) Your skill level, 1 through 5
D) The ONE character you'll play with(which I'm guessing is meta knight).

I apologize if you've already done this - I'm actually in a hurry and just quickly scanned the thread(because of all the BS posts).

I'll add everyone else as well.

I think we'll have to postpone this tournament til' tomarrow on account of there not being at least 8 active people at this time.

Try to be free between 3:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M. Standard Pacific Time. But any time is good really(this seems to be the best time for most players so far, however).
Bro.. all you have to do is put up the bracket and have the players discuss when they will be able to brawl. Let there be a one week DQ for inactive players. Just something helpful.

CaptCollins

Smash Cadet
Yeah just give a certain time frame for DQ. A week is ridiculous though the tourny will take forever haha. Try a day, or a couple of hours.

Ivysaur

Smash Cadet
To stay on topic:
Will there be some sort of prize? Will you get the Tournament Director title? How will you seed your brackets? What about DQ's and time limits? How many matches will the finals be? Will this be single or double elimation?
The prize will be the pride of the best newcomer on SWF(at least, active enough to participate in this thread).
I am the tournament director by default; I will set up all the brackets(which once we have enough players, I can average in characters + skill level) - and give everyone a link to a chat room. Everyone will compete at the same time(or similar times) - and the players will report back who won - with a tiny gist of how the round played out. There are no disqualifications so long as the requirements of low items and 3 stocks is upheld(but obviously, no hacks). No time limits. No time outs - going to the next round is entirely up to the players in question. If we do not have 8 or 16 players(something in between), near the top if there are 3 or 5 people remaining we'll have to have "advantage" games where each player will play each other player winning two consecutive rounds in a row - the players with the most wins will move up to the next tier.

Will this tournament take place in Standard Central Time Zone?
Pacific time, but that's really not important RIGHT NOW. Right now I need to get a general sense of who's participating, when they're generally free, so then I can set up the time and the brackets. It's still possible this will take place tonight but most likely everything will be ready tomarrow by 2:00 P.M. or 3:00 P.M. Pacific time(that seems to be good for a lot of people).

Thanks everyone who has joined the tournament!

Aibou

Smash Master
I love how the OTL just invaded this thread even though this isn't even for us XD

highfive

Smash Lord
The prize will be the pride of the best newcomer on SWF(at least, active enough to participate in this thread).
I am the tournament director by default; I will set up all the brackets(which once we have enough players, I can average in characters + skill level) - and give everyone a link to a chat room. Everyone will compete at the same time(or similar times) - and the players will report back who won - with a tiny gist of how the round played out. There are no disqualifications so long as the requirements of low items and 3 stocks is upheld(but obviously, no hacks). No time limits. No time outs - going to the next round is entirely up to the players in question. If we do not have 8 or 16 players(something in between), near the top if there are 3 or 5 people remaining we'll have to have "advantage" games where each player will play each other player winning two consecutive rounds in a row - the players with the most wins will move up to the next tier.

Pacific time, but that's really not important RIGHT NOW. Right now I need to get a general sense of who's participating, when they're generally free, so then I can set up the time and the brackets. It's still possible this will take place tonight but most likely everything will be ready tomarrow by 2:00 P.M. or 3:00 P.M. Pacific time(that seems to be good for a lot of people).

Thanks everyone who has joined the tournament!
You may just want to put this in the OP. For clarity. It's pretty vague.

I love how the OTL just invaded this thread even though this isn't even for us XD
Hush now child.

CaptCollins

Smash Cadet
Also, i change my character to falco now. Gonna have to bare with me here, im maining random right now lol

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Me thinks that there are OTL'ers in disguise signed up here. Or atleast, that's what I really wanted to do. xD

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Please let me join, i can assure im im utter n00b :(

Ivysaur

Smash Cadet
I was thinking the same thing. Great minds think alike.

But seriously - I have my ways in finding out if they're TRULY newcomers or not. :)

Edit: To JoeJenkins and CaptCollins:

Yes, we're thinking tomarrow around 2ish 3ish P.M. pacific time - I'm constantly updating the OP with new participants, changes of characters, and changes of availability. I've cleared up a few questions as well.

PM me if you have special circumstances where you can only play during certain times tomarrow.

CaptCollins

Smash Cadet
Its 3:30 my time now, when are we gettin this show on the road. I dont know other time zones. East ftw.

O.I.P.

Smash Rookie
If it isnt too late i would like to partake in this event.

My information:

Faux Finder S/N: O.I.P
My skill level is about: Not sure.
My character will be: Wolf

Ivysaur

Smash Cadet
Crap. An emergency came up and we'll have to post pone the tournament til' tomarrow. Good thing is we have enough players now to start(who will hopefull check this thread today).

I'm going to PM everyone by tonight and ask the best time they're free tomarrow - and this **** is going to be on!

psychicboy

Smash Apprentice
Crap. An emergency came up and we'll have to post pone the tournament til' tomarrow. Good thing is we have enough players now to start(who will hopefull check this thread today).

I'm going to PM everyone by tonight and ask the best time they're free tomarrow - and this **** is going to be on!
Cant wait till tommrow :3

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
Ok it's Canada. That's it no more details.

Good time to practice. (and practice the lag problem)

Top Bottom