• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Combo for Ike

Krath

Smash Cadet
Looked in the guide and it wasn't there. I posted it on BrawlCentral a couple days ago.

short hop dair/dtilt -> utilt -> Aether/uair

Uair and dtilt are both good for mixing it up, since if they try to dodge Aether as soon as the utilt's hitstun is done, uair will get them. Of course, like all of Ike's combos, they have to be at low %s and it's able to be dodged.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Its ok the combo that is. But I think the d-air has to much landing lag for you to get the u-tilt without the opponent jumping out. I'd say the best starter for your combo is the d-tilt.

Krath

Smash Cadet
Seems to work for me. >.>

Also, I think that short hop, fast fall, then dtilt as soon as you hit the ground may be a good way to start the combo. Since people usually expect you to attack when you short hop, and will guard, dtilt may shield stab them. I don't know though. I'll have to test it.

craiigg

Smash Lord
its probably best to bait into this, if you can pressure their shield then dtilt it'll shield stab rather than just getting shieldgrabbed.

Also, dair's are debatabely predictable and unless it can be used well as an approach (i very much doubt) and depending on the opponents percentage in which they bounce well enough for a good utilt, i'd recommend just nair to utilt instead.

Vro

Smash Lord
You lost me at dair > dtilt. Who could possible be so slow to not react with DI, airdodges, teches, or spacing to get hit by a dtilt?

Tenki

Smash Hero
No, it's dair/dtilt. Either one pops them up from the ground, and TC says you can follow it up with a utilt.

Krath

Smash Cadet
Yes, but you can't use the same thing over and over again. You have to mix things up sometimes or you'll be punished for being predictable.

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
Seems like a pretty...generic combo to me. Not to mention not really practical in most situations. Just my thoughts...there's better ones. But this COULD possibly work, although there's more useful/better combos to employ out there.

Krath

Smash Cadet
Not for Ike. He's very limited on combos, so whatever he can get is good.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
I do it sometimes...don't spam it though. I'll say once or twice every 5 or so matches for me. It comes in handy when you know for SURE you will get the dair...other than that stick to pressuring with Nair and Fair. But if you're facing say a DDD and he does his upb and lands on the stahe and he's at low percent then maybe you wanna try it..it's a fun combo since nobody expects a shorthop dair it's one of those mindgames in and of itself due to the opponent not expecting it. As for the down tilt part.....eh *_*

Krath

Smash Cadet
Like nearly all of Ike's combos, yes, it is. That's why I said you can use uair instead of Aether, since some people will attempt to air dodge it after the utilt. Some characters (Wario, for example) can DI after the dair/dtilt.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Yeah you can DI out of this and punish Ike like crazy.

Good for CPUs. Not so good for tournaments.

I don't see Ike having many combos that don't begin with "Grab, uthrow/dthrow".

Top Bottom