• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters, Modes For Pokken Tournament Revealed

If Pokken Tournament is released on console, will you buy it?

• Yes!

Votes: 399 78.9%
  • No.

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Still not sure.

Votes: 57 11.3%
  • I have to have Pokemon things.

Votes: 36 7.1%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

AAAH, I'm throwing my money at my computer screen! Why is my game not here yet?!

Seriously, this is the coolest thing ever. Pokefans have been dreaming of a game like this since the beginning of time. I hope it lives up to the hype.

Gardevoir looks beautiful and Suicune looks amazing. His inclusion opens up the door for so many non-humanoid Pokemon to possibly being included. You know who I'm rooting for? Starmie. That would be a dream come true.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
OMG. This game tho.

I'll be happy if they add Bisharp or Starmie. But the question is...how many characters will there BE? o3o

ArhyLis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AstralRaptor
3DS FC
5069-4138-6092
Gallade HAS to make it in this game. God will I play the hell out of him.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Man if Wobbuffet was playable I think I would lose it and I don't even play Pokemon games anymore.
:202:

Sachmoo

Smash Rookie
The Hitmon's seem to be a sure in, but my Blaziken is in so lets roll.
Prolly early to try and analyze gameplay, but that Machamp player is either terrible, or Machamp is Injustice Bane.

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else noticed that Pikachu was performing the Mishima's Karate techniques? Like the EWGF and the Spinning Demon Kick? I actually find Pikachu performing those techniques adorable.

Last edited:

9Tales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
9Tales_of_Hoenn
5 Officially confirmed characters + Blazekin from that one promo makes 6.
How big do you guys think the full roster will be? 30? 40? The more the better cause everyone has favorite Pokemon they want to play.

Last edited:

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
The size of the roster plate seems to fit 14 characters total, but surely they'll add more. If it gets a console release potential for DLC is there.

If this game makes it on the wii U, it will literally be the best console ever.

Kymnosk

Smash Cadet
NNID
MutedSound1111
Everyone and their mother should've expected Gardevoir to get in, a pokemon with a new type and a mega evolution thats also the champion's characteristic pokemon.

The next obvious choice is Zoroark I give him a 95% chance to get in

But I am actually surprised this is an arena-3d type fighter I for some reason thought it was just gonna be 2d xD

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
Since the two legged fighting type limit is not a thing lets hope my favorite pokemon gets in there. As unlikely as it is If vespiquen does somehow make it in this will be my favorite pokemon game ever. That said even if she doesn't make it in I still am really interested in this.

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
When's Gallade confirmation? Where's Farfetch'd?

I'm so hype. The simple control layout is a great choice too. Lord knows I spend too much time trying to explain Skullgirls to people.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Hadn't heard anything from this game in a while, so this came out of nowhere for me when I saw the announcement. More to the point thought this game looks fantastic so far! The character models look absolutely stunning, and the gameplay mechanic of close and long range combat seems pretty smooth and intuitive. Hopefully that Machamp player was just new though, otherwise long range fighters might dominate in this game. Super stoked to see who else will make the roster. Haxorus, Blastoise, Nidoqueen, Froslass, and Breloom are probably my top 5 wish list for this game.

GaMeR N1CK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3582-8458-4207
:059::065::105:
Also, did Pikachu just shine?

Last edited:

Fique

Smash Rookie
It doesn't seem that assist characters recharge quickly (or at all, possibly) so players may only be able to use them once per round.
The Pikachu player in the first video used the Emolga assist twice in one round, so assists can definitely be used more than once per round. It did take quite a long time to recharge, however.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Loving Suicune and Gardevoir. I wonder why they didn't include Blaziken in this build when it was in the initial trailer for Pokken... Either way, I'm hoping we get Scizor. Mewtwo and Genesect would be pretty cool too.

Missingno. for final boss plz. :4roy:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hoping for Gengar, the Hitmons, Throh and Sawk, Bisharp, Zoroark, Grimer, Eevee (attacks are transformations), the Zard, Butterfree, Scizor, Greninja, Mewtwo, and Gyrados. Though I will literally die if we get Garchomp cause it would be so awesome.

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
Field mode looks stupid as hell and being able to block everything with one button and no high/low mixups is awful. Just lost a ton of hype here.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Finally got the chance to watch the videos. I honestly only know a little about this style of fighting game, but it looks awesome.

Some other thoughts:

-I should've figured Pikachu would find his way into here (and I use "his" because female ones have that notch in their tail that this one doesn't have). I'm willing to bet a lot of the younger players will use him. Not a knock to Pikachu as a character, he's the type that appeals more to them.

-Anyone else willing to bet Pikachu's "super mode" involves a Light Ball?

-Machamp seems to be a grappler; his lack of projectiles means he has to get in to deal damage, but may Arceus have mercy on you if he gets in.

-I admit I was expecting Gallade over Gardevoir, but then again, none of us realized the game shifted between distance and close range combat. She looks really interesting, and I'm really digging the otherworldly rainbow effects they gave some of her psychic attacks. Hope Mewtwo's moves in Smash 4 have a similar effect.

-They said they wouldn't limit themselves to humanoid mons, and right now, it looks like a brilliant move. Suicune looks amazing. I wonder if he/she/whatevergenderthethingis will have Calm Mind in a nod to damn near every competitive Suicune running it...

-The animations add so much personality to the fighters. There's Lucario's super-serious dash and spinning jump, or Pikachu's more rodent-like posture, or the way Machamp grabs his head with all four arms and shakes himself in frustration when he loses, or Gardevoir elegantly holding her shield forward...it makes them feel like full fledged characters.

-No nostalgia going on here; this footage alone has mons from all six generations, and the playable ones we know of cover Gens 1-4. It looks like they're giving the entire series representation, and that's very much a good thing.

I'm kinda bummed by Fennekin being a summon since that really hurts Delphox's chances, but if they made Suicune playable, could that mean someone like Absol has a chance?

Last edited:

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
I bet the annoying yellow rat will be top tier in this game too. He's gonna be really stupid when all the other fighters are big and easy to hit and he just ducks under everything like it's Smash 4.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I bet the annoying yellow rat will be top tier in this game too. He's gonna be really stupid when all the other fighters are big and easy to hit and he just ducks under everything like it's Smash 4.
It could be worse.
We could have a small, on-fours creature playable.
Like Eevee.
Or Dunspace.
Because Dunsparce is amazing.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
It could be worse.
We could have a small, on-fours creature playable.
Like Eevee.
Or Dunspace.
Because Dunsparce is amazing.
Dunsparce is amazing indeed. I have no problems with it. If Eevee got in and Tyranitar, Snorlax and Gengar all got left out I would be very depressed.

link2702

Smash Champion
ugh....I was actually kinda hoping it would be strictly fighting pokemon....

they have always IMO felt overshadowed by all the other types. I liked the idea of having a game dedicated strictly to them...

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Dunsparce is amazing indeed. I have no problems with it. If Eevee got in and Tyranitar, Snorlax and Gengar all got left out I would be very depressed.
Ehh in all fairness Eevee has been a thing/relevant for multiple gens because of the new eeveelutions.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Imagine if they make Ditto playable.

I'm kidding.

Though maybe they could make him/her/it a support...

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
I'm lukewarm on the Ultimate Ninja Storm-inspired gameplay. Was I the only one that was hoping it would play more like Soul Calibur or Tekken?

However, I would be a lot more accepting of the game if Scyther was playable...

Top Bottom