• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
You know what would be so jank? If Pichu lost control of his electricity whenever he got hit so sparks with tiny, weak hitboxes fly off him in all his damage animations.
With knockback too.I hope the PMDT sees this,they'lll be convinced.

By the way guys,why so little Slippy support?I mean we have to help him.
We can't leave Slippy hangin'.

I actually don't really want him in.

Mean Green

Smash Lord
I now realize how much I would probably like Pichu in P:M.A bit of Luigification with Static,and he'd be a take on Squirtle's style,which I love.
Olimar-sized or even smaller.
Thunder into yourself (like Pikachu) creates thunderwave paralysis instead of knockback.
More electric attacks used builds up energy (like Ivysaur) for a wide Discharge attack like Zamus FS.
Skull Bash can be remade to not suck. Like a real Volt Tackle that looks better/does good damage.
Crouching rest heals at Ivysaur's speed, and is a [grounded] kill move like Puff's rest.
Static ability (like vBrawl Lucario had Reversal) causes a 1% chance to paralyze when he's hit.
U-air combo's hard like Roy's.
Final Smash, he gets happy and evolves. If you're using the blue color he also goes into his back pack and pulls out a thunderstone to use. :denzel:

But seriously that character needs some major luigification to even be considered.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Thunder into yourself (like Pikachu) creates thunderwave paralasys instead of knockback.
More electric attacks used builds up energy (like Ivysaur) for a wide Discharge attack like Zamus FS.
Skull Bash can be remade to not suck. Like a real Volt Tackle that looks better/does good damage.
Crouching rest heals at Ivysaur's speed.
Final Smash, he gets happy and evolves. If you're using the blue color he also goes into his back pack and pulls out a thunderstone. :denzel:

But seriously that character needs some major luigification to even be considered. I wouldn't mind Pichu if he were actually useful against threats like Fox, and not the only new character introduced.
How did you know I also like Ivysaur?o_o
Sounds interesting.What drew me into Ivysaur originally was the Heal/Solarbeam mechanic.It actually isn't key to her,but still,it'd be cool on another character.

Mean Green

Smash Lord
How did you know I also like Ivysaur?o_o
Sounds interesting.What drew me into Ivysaur originally was the Heal/Solarbeam mechanic.It actually isn't key to her,but still,it'd be cool on another character.
The discharge idea I read somewhere else tbh. But I didn't even realize I was suggesting to add both of Ivy's new mechanics lol.

Last edited:

OrangeSodaGuy

Smash Journeyman
Yes, we need to get those haters off him!
I can imagine Slippy wailing "Help me!!!!!" while being star KO'd. :p
Sorry about earlier, as well-- I could have been clearer on that last point.

As for Pichu (This one is piggybacking off of Mean Green's posts), yeah, major luigification would be key should the PMBR decide to add him. If I could, I'd go and retroactively change my vote for the Pichu Bros, who could serve as a legitimate, viable team while the fans who want the joke character can still perform the R-button trick.

It's times like this I wish I had actually decent ideas for other characters besides a certain yellow rodent.
While they're clearly against the rules of the clone engine, I could see Billy and Jimmy Lee being a neat duo in a future smash title, should they get the rights.

Last edited:

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
Yes, our argument went from Pichu to...don't know what.

Urgh...What was the topic again?
Exactly. Let's just stop argueing. :)
Omfg I can't stand this anymore. One of leekslap's posts had me feeling bad for liking someone's comment that called him out for the 12 yr old he is. But after seeing the nonsense he's posted ever since then, I think he really deserved the embarrassment, because clearly it wasn't enough.

Bagan, since somehow nobody has even bothered to tell you, you should ignore the little brat. I logged in just to say this. You know he's really not contributing to the development of this thread whatsoever, and his posts really are not worth your time.
What nonsense? I'm getting tired of being talked down to and made to feel like what I say is not worth listening to. Someone enlighten me on why so many people hate me. And it DOES hurt.

Mean Green

Smash Lord
Exactly. Let's just stop argueing. :)

What nonsense? I'm getting tired of being talked down to and made to feel like what I say is not worth listening to. Someone enlighten me on why so many people hate me. And it DOES hurt.
You seem to like to say whatever you want to people without thinking first. I'll just leave it at that. You're on your own to figure it out bro.

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
You seem to like to say whatever you want to people without thinking first. I'll just leave it at that. You're on your own to figure it out bro.
I'm just going to make a new account because too many people are ignoring this one. I was gonna go ham on Insanity's Bane but I didn't and I kept the Pichu arguement pretty civil. What did I do? I always think I'm acting decent and I've tried to change, but more insults and more hate. Tell me more.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I'm just going to make a new account because too many people are ignoring this one. I was gonna go ham on Insanity's Bane but I didn't and I kept the Pichu arguement pretty civil. What did I do? I always think I'm acting decent and I've tried to change, but more insults and more hate. Tell me more.
Making new account is not allowed here. And they will ignore that one too if they will know who it is.

Mean Green

Smash Lord
Well then how do I start again? How do I stop getting hate?
Just go back and read what you've written and pretend it's someone else's words. Then next time you're going to post, ask yourself if it's worth it.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
That's the thing about life.Sometimes you CAN"T start over.That's why you have to think before acting or speaking.
You're not terrible or anything,you just are a bit reckless in what you say at times.You can come off as condescending at times,even in small ways,also.As an example, saying,"Are people STILL saying so-and-so" is a bit rude.The emphasis on 'still' can imply 'Why do you think that?It's stupid.'Or'Did you even listen to a word I said?'

Like here,I happened to find this:
lol you are a n00b

No fortress hogging? I don't even main OR secondary Bowser but if I made a guide for him: first sentence would be fortress hogting.
See?You can say something in good humor,but other people may take offense at it.
By saying 'lol you are a n00b',without saying you were just kidding,or even saying it at all,you can offend people.It may seem odd to you,as you know you mean it in good humor,but people don't always know that.Also,they may not enjoy it even if they know you don't mean it,because you just seem to not ever be serious.

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
It's really simple. If you want to stop getting hate, don't act like a jerk.
Don't be condescending.
Don't claim yourself to win arguments. This isn't for you to decide.
Don't act like your ideas are better than anyone elses. This also isn't for you to decide.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I still keep saying that I dont hate you lol

if it helps, try not to explode on people after they disagree with what you said xD

oh on topic...

uhh....

uh..........

Ridley. yeah that should hold em for a few days.

Mean Green

Smash Lord
I can't tell if you're sarcastic or not...
I'll just assume you aren't.:denzel:
Nah bro I'm srs. You went and found an example for him and everything. Matter of fact, I'd like to dub you the nicest person on the internet. Here, you really deserve this.
gold-medal-hi2.png

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Nah bro I'm srs. You went and found an example for him and everything. Matter of fact, I'd like to dub you the nicest person on the internet. Here, you really deserve this.
Thanks!
To be honest it was just a coincidence that I saw that after my first post,but I thought it was a good example,so I edited my post to include it.

Mean Green

Smash Lord
It's going to take me a while to process what happened in this thread since I last posted.
Not much happened. Some people argued, I met a nice person on the internet, and I think someone had a breakthrough or something. That about sums it up lol.

Last edited:

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
I still think Black Shadow could be implemented in some way. Maybe just give him Ganondorf's Brawl move-set (anybody can clearly see there are some tweaks in Ganondorf's 3.0 move-set and current move-set to Brawl Ganon) with some of his own tweaks, maybe they could make him as Roy is to Marth, but with Captain Falcon and Black Shadow. Ganondorf is no longer a clone as I see it, he's pretty much a semi clone now.

Last edited:

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
I still think Black Shadow could be implemented in some way. Maybe just give him Ganondorf's Brawl move-set (anybody can clearly see there are some tweaks in Ganondorf's 3.0 move-set and current move-set to Brawl Ganon) with some of his own tweaks, maybe they could make him as Roy is to Marth, but with Captain Falcon and Black Shadow. Ganondorf is no longer a clone as I see it, he's pretty much a semi clone now.
i feel the need to point out that ganon's 3.0 moveset was, for many, in need of a serious fix. though leagues better than his Vbrawl incarnation, he was still skirting the bottom of the barrel in regards to just how the rest of the cast was overhauled. his reflector was given to him with more priority on giving him an option to approach rather than making him "Canondorf". so if we did get 3.0's ganon moves on black shadow the PMDT would be back at square on trying to make him viable.

Last edited:

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
Must resist.... must resist.... *takes deep breath*

Ganondorf is not a clone or semi clone of Captain Falcon. They share 2 special moves, some animations, and.... well that's about it. Their differences in playstyle are much greater than basically any other clone. I don't see why people want a "decloned" Ganon if they don't main the character. Animations is really the only thing that should be done, but he's already functional as a character so its really not that important. Since Black Shadow is meant to preserve Ganon's original playstyle, he will forever be a low tier. In other words, a waste of a slot.

How was that?

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast

Ganondorf is not a clone or semi clone of unintelligible gobblygook
you can't just choose what "clone" means. he was built off of CFalcon in melee with all of his moves animated in an identical manner, save his Fair. at base, he is a clone.

in brawl, he got changes to his 2 special moves that still largely functioned in a similar manner. many of his other moves got new animations to fit his TP appearance, but for the worse. a bad clone.

in P.M, most of his moves have regained meleedorf's properties with brawldorf's animations. also major changes to 3 of his specials. still a clone, probably a semiclone at this point, and he's been heavily "luigified".

e's already functional as a character so its really not that important. Since Black Shadow is meant to preserve Ganon's original playstyle, he will forever be a low tier. In other words, a waste of a slot.
this is fine.

Last edited:

ou3ndan

Smash Rookie
I feel like Sakurai dropped the ball with the character choices in smash 4. Bowser Jr, Rosalina, Lucina, greninja, robin and villager all seem to appease the new nintendo fans, whose who have played their modern games, on the other hand characters like Duck hunt can only be described using a term which may seem like an oxymoron- "Mainstream underground" i.e. everyone who knows who duck hunt dog is thinks that he isnt a very well known character, when he probably is one of the better known "Unknown" characters. Most mainstream game sites have probably had duck hunt dog on a "Top 10 characters that are unlikely to appear in smash bros" list, but that's just it, i feel like most mainstream sites, with the exception of gamexplain, dont really understand the dedicated fanbases some of nintendo's lesser known franchises. While I have not personally played golden sun, I do feel like golden sun fans got shafted with smash 4, golden sun isn't old enough to be considered "Historic" or "retro", and not new enough to appeal to nintendo's newer fans. I think it's a shame nintendo didn't bother using the character slots to appease some of their much lesser known franchises, and its why i think the choices of Lyn and Isaac are great for project M, if the leak turns out to be true.

I also think King K.Rool, an advanced wars character and a warioware/warioland character would be great additions to the roster

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
Since Black Shadow is meant to preserve Ganon's original playstyle, he will forever be a low tier. In other words, a waste of a slot.

How was that?
Um no, his slot wouldn't be a waste if the PMBR actually made his move-set viable. DEM GREEN EYES. just described to me why Ganon has the move-set he has in 3.5 now. The real problem is giving him the move-set while still making him a viable character and as stated previously by Green, they'd have to start from square one again, which is something I realize now but still wish Black Shadow was some how implemented as a viable character because I feel F-zero deserves more representation (although me personally not being F-zero fan), but on the other hand, me choosing who should be represented isn't really my place since I'm not a fan of the series so I apologize to the Samurai Goroh supporters in advance. If anything a weapon wielding fighter is more interesting IMO.

Last edited:

Mean Green

Smash Lord

Ganondorf is not a clone or semi clone of Captain Falcon. They share 2 special moves, some animations, and.... well that's about it. Their differences in playstyle are much greater than basically any other clone. I don't see why people want a "decloned" Ganon if they don't main the character. Animations is really the only thing that should be done, but he's already functional as a character so its really not that important. Since Black Shadow is meant to preserve Ganon's original playstyle, he will forever be a low tier. In other words, a waste of a slot.

How was that?
tl;dr version: clones don't need to be identical characters. / gud job.

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
Um no, his slot wouldn't be a waste if the PMBR actually made his move-set viable. DEM GREEN EYES. just described to me why Ganon has the move-set he has in 3.5 now. The real problem is giving him the move-set while still making him a viable character and as stated previously by Green, they'd have to start from square one again, which is something I realize now but still wish Black Shadow was some how implemented as a viable character because I feel F-zero deserves more representation (although me personally not being F-zero fan), but on the other hand, me choosing who should be represented isn't really my place since I'm not a fan of the series so I apologize to the Samurai Goroh supporters in advance. If anything a weapon wielding fighter is more interesting IMO.
*takes another deep breath because person is stupid illinformed*

How exactly? At least I try t- woah gotta stop myself there. Aside from having a grab that gets small/crouching characters, Ganon has already received as many buffs as he can without being broken, and he's mid tier. And representation is not a very strong reason to vote for someone especially since you are not familiar with the franchise. IMAO there's no F Zero character that deserves the spot not named Captain Douglas Jay Falcon. He's the main character anyway! Everyone else, other than maybe Goroh, doesn't have much moveset potential.

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
there's no F Zero character that deserves the spot not named Captain Douglas Jay Falcon. He's the main character anyway! Everyone else, other than maybe Goroh, doesn't have much moveset potential.
this is a sentiment i have to admit i share on this subject.
I like F-zero.
I like Captain Falcon.
the biggest thing is, though, he is literally the embodiment of the franchise as a whole. samurai Goroh is... well, his assist trophy really doesn't lend a hand in showing his potential as a playable character. he just kind of flails around.

Chaos15

Smash Apprentice
I feel like Sakurai dropped the ball with the character choices in smash 4. Bowser Jr, Rosalina, Lucina, greninja, robin and villager all seem to appease the new nintendo fans, whose who have played their modern games.
I call bull crap on Villager being in that list. Animal Crossing has been a round since 2002 and he was heavily requested back in Brawl. Heck, the Villager in Smash 4 is not even the one from the newest game.

Last edited:

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
*takes another deep breath because person is stupid illinformed*

How exactly? At least I try t- woah gotta stop myself there. Aside from having a grab that gets small/crouching characters, Ganon has already received as many buffs as he can without being broken, and he's mid tier. And representation is not a very strong reason to vote for someone especially since you are not familiar with the franchise. IMAO there's no F Zero character that deserves the spot not named Captain Douglas Jay Falcon. He's the main character anyway! Everyone else, other than maybe Goroh, doesn't have much moveset potential.
So I'm stupid? I really hope you sincerely mean ill-informed. All I did was offer an idea for a way to have Black Shadow implemented in the game with a viable move-set. I don't see how he would end up broken, this is the PMBR we're talking about. They've balanced the roster for the most part, I REALLY don't see how he would end up broken. I mean Capt. Falcon's move-set was pulled from nowhere, they could do the same with Black Shadow adding some unique moves to his arsenal while keeping some similar moves to Capt. Falcon. I mean I don't really want to debate about this I was just offering an idea because in the end the PMBR will add in who they want, you don't have to call me stupid about it. (And I really take harsh words or insults on the internet seriously, I'm hoping you legitimately didn't mean that even though the word is still there but with a strike through.)

Although, I guess I would have to agree with you guy's sentiment then, I guess Capt. Falcon really is the only rep F-Zero needs.

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
So I'm stupid? I really hope you sincerely mean ill-informed. All I did was offer an idea for a way to have Black Shadow implemented in the game with a viable move-set. I don't see how he would end up broken, this is the PMBR we're talking about. They've balanced the roster for the most part, I REALLY don't see how he would end up broken. I mean Capt. Falcon's move-set was pulled from nowhere, they could do the same with Black Shadow adding some unique moves to his arsenal while keeping some similar moves to Capt. Falcon. I mean I don't really want to debate about this I was just offering an idea because in the end the PMBR will add in who they want, you don't have to call me stupid about it. (And I really take harsh words or insults on the internet seriously, I'm hoping you legitimately didn't mean that even though the word is still there but with a strike through.)

Although, I guess I would have to agree with you guy's sentiment then, I guess Capt. Falcon really is the only rep F-Zero needs.
No I was just joking lol. I don't think you understand what I meant. I meant that 3.0 Ganon was buffed as much as he can without getting something like a new neutral special. Black Shadow doesn't really have anything to add to him, and we'd probably have to make it up, but in all honesty the neutral special was the perfect buff. Which is why I asked if you had an idea. I usually don't take insults seriously if insulting wasn't the intention, but I guess I'll take notes.

OrangeSodaGuy

Smash Journeyman
Leekslap, you should totally check out a book called "How to Win Friends and Influence People". I highly recommend reading at least a few chapters of that book that, it helped me IMMENSELY.

I know what it's like to feel crummy about posts and comments I wish I could take back on message boards-- I'm certainly guilty of making my fair share of less-than-informed posts and threads on other sites. I used to post more frequently on gamefaqs under a different username, haha. But yeah, it's a great book that really helped me out in real life as well as on the internet. I've still got a long way to go though, because nobody's above slipping in this area, myself included.

This isn't a diss or an attack on you in anyway, in fact I recommend this book to anybody on Smashboards.

Back to the subject, if F-Zero gets any other character, Goroh is my most wanted pick. I could see him having Falcon's throws with Marth's aerials, except for his Nair, which would be like Falcon's.

Better yet, they could give him a boost meter, like in the actual F-zero games. Not too certain on how it could work. Maybe he could pick and choose when he's able to move and combo very quickly, but takes damage when overexerting himself. Maybe he'd be a character that rewards patient play and good reads/punishes.
I'm sure there's an idea in there somewhere. Hmmmmm...

EDIT: Expanding on that... Maybe Goroh (or even Black Shadow) could play like a slower more powerful character who was able to temporarily "boost" their agility and speed and be as fast as Falcon for short periods of time. Overusing this ability would damage them heavily or even destroy them, forcing the player to be careful. The meter could be restored by pulling off extensive combos and getting stocks on opponents. Just a thought.

EDIT 2: Another possibility is having the boosts work the way they did in the original F-zero for the SNES, where you could carry two or three (for Smash, I'd just say two for the sake of balance). You could use the boost whenever you wanted, and you could get an extra one for each stock you took (you could carry a maximmum of maybe three). Stop me if this sounds too broken, lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom