• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legtendga

Smash Rookie
No sillier than waiting for Project M of Smash For. :/
I can kinda see Ganon contiuing to change, and maybe Mr. Black coming in. This does seem like a nail-in-coffin moment or reaffirmation of it being possible, depending on how you look at it. Likely the former, though.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
About the whole Ganon thing:
Wouldn't they have even more balancing problems then? And since Black Shadow will be smaller than Ganondorf, he will need to be balanced a bit for loosing range of attacks, but even that can affect a lot. Black Shadow will also need a new final smash and it can't be something like Landmaster, Blue Falcon or stuff like that because of those d*mn articles. And that is if you will ignore that Ganondorf will require new animations and coding, balancing, etc. I really doubt it will happen. If they will declone Ganondorf completly without BS, then it will mess up with Ganonmains since they will have to adapt to basically new character, but if they main him for also being Ganondorf, then i don't think BS will save anything.
now then... is it too silly to hope for maybe a new character come version 4.(x)?
I think there will be one by that time. If that won't happen, then oh well, it was all completly pointless then, but we will still get a great mod that turns Brawl into a (kinda) new game, with Ridley (this one will be fixed before final version will come out at least unofficially), K.Rool, Canondorf, etc. or without.

Last edited:

ZeruSlayer

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1993-8718-4724
Mysterious #47 found its way in the latest trailer. Skull Kid's inclusion seems a lot more likely and seeing as the 2 most recent trailers emphasized on Legend of Zelda characters (mainly OOT but still :/) this helps his case even further. I would've liked a character announcement but not include him in this update (For ex. _______ is a character currently in development, here's a sneak peek/model/css of the character) but saving the hype for something similar to the Mewtwo and Roy reveal is a good move on the PMBR's part.

I hope there will be some surprises that were left out of the trailer (ex. in 3.0 Giga Bowser was left out of the trailer but was implemented in the game) but all in all I'm overly satisfied and am looking forward to getting my hands on 3.5 next week (should've done trailer last week, so I could've finished my 10 page essay early but oh well) :p

Last edited:

Frozn~

Smash Apprentice
If Sami is to be made, then can we push for a Contra skin? That would be amazing. They do have the same weapons, but Sami might have a difference, as she has the potential ability to summon units.

Last edited:

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Nah, it's based on the multiplayer blue recolor from Metroid Prime 2 which is based on Dark Samus lol. It just doesn't have the orange visor which makes her appear more like Damus.

Last edited:

Frozn~

Smash Apprentice
Ray MK III Possible moveset

*I'm going to be referencing Solbliminal's pictures a lot, so here's the link: http://sta.sh/21z8toroojb5
*If I have multiple ideas for a move, then I put another bullet to describe it. It goes without saying that only one bullet point can be used for each command.

Jabs and tilts:
I can't really think of any specific canon moves for tilts, so I won't say anything much here. Ray doesn't need to be holding weapons, so if it makes things easier for the PMDT the I'd be okay with Ray using his fists, but if they want to, then the following two would work.
-Blade gun (not shooting anything, but as said before can just be used as a sword)
-Knuckle gun

N air:
U air:
F air:
D air:

F smash:
-Magnum from Custom robo. A very short-ranged shot that does a lot of damage and knockback. Comes out quickly, like a small flash of light.
-Stun gun, which also has short range, but immobilizes the enemy for a bit, like ZSS.
Up smash:
-Rayfall gun. Ray shoots a collection of blades upward, and they float right above his head for a bit before zooming for the opponent. The second half sounds a bit overpowered...
Down smash:
-Bomb launch (Solbliminal's idea. Upon initiation, a target shows up on the ground. The longer you charge the smash, the farther away the target goes. Releasing the attack fires a missile in an arc, landing on the target. Good for edgeguarding or anti-air.)
-The dash attack of the Funky big-head from Custom Robo, only stationary (he crouches and spins in circles, arms extended, with a damaging hitbox all around him)

Dash attack:
-Dash attack from Custom Robo Arena (Ray slides sideways on his feet, his body angled back a bit, so his front foot hits the opponent)
-sliding shot from Custom robo (Ray slides and shoots three consecutive shots at a slight upward angle. You should be able to slide one way and shoot the other by doing a pivot dash attack)

Neutral B:
-three or four consecutive bullets that fly straight (the jab combo from Solbliminal's page). I based this move off the standard gun from custom robo. You can use the same bullets from the Assist trophy, if possible.
-Gravity gun (Ray's anti-air tool for sure and a must have weapon. It creates an still orb that deals multiple hits of damage. Also a good wall for blocking a few projectiles) ~copied from Solbliminal's post
Side B:
-dash attack from Custom Robo Gamecube (basically Fox's illusion. Opponent flies upward. In the canon Ray Mk can combo after this)
-Trap gun. This move has two modes, like Samus' homing and power missiles. The soft side B will spawn a stationary projectile(s) that waits for a few seconds before flying forward. The strong side B will fire the projectile forward with no delay. Both versions hurt the same.
Up B:
-Air dash from Custom robo Gamecube (two dashes in any direction, essentially a pikachu up-B without hitboxes, Ray should be able to attack out of it). Relatively easy to animate, as the boosters are on his heels, and he just kind of changes body position as he dashes through the air.
Down B:
-fires 2 Pods from Ray's backpack, 1 in each direction. They go back and forth on the platform that they land on until they explode from contact or time. Works kind of like the Bombchu from Smash 4, without the wall climbing.

I think we know it already, but Ray Mk is a character that depends heavily on projectiles. Custom Robo is a game with 3 buttons assigned to projectiles (gun, bomb, pod), and 1 button for the close range dash attack. The name of the game is to run, jump, and dash around while shooting all sorts of projectiles, while dodging your opponent's shots. The main ways to land hits are to read your opponent and shoot where you think they'll be, to chase them down while shooting them, or to send out pods and bombs to force them into a spot where you can projectile spam them. Juggling with projectiles was a thing, as was using the dash attack to lead into projectile juggling. Thus, Ray Mk's game should be to strive for absolute control of the stage using his amazing maneuverability in air and on the ground, combined with his variety of tools. It's similar to P:M's Snake, but Ray plays faster-paced, with less close combat and more aggressive projectile zoning. However, Ray can get hit by his own projectiles, so he needs to be careful with where he places his attacks. Furthermore, acrobatic characters like CF and Sheik can weave through the many projectiles and combo Ray, who should have a pretty decent weight to him. Some of Ray's moves also give him some horrible lag afterward, so that could also be a weakness. I think Ray should be defined by using a bunch of weak projectiles to juggle (perhaps alternating between weak close and long range moves), and finishing with a few hard hitting close-range moves.

As for animation, most of his attacks, even in the Gamecube version, have him doing pretty much the same thing for the gun attacks and the bombs, which is him holding out the gun and having a bit of recoil from firing, pretty easy stuff (actually only the bomb launch had any real recoil. The guns didn't move his arm at all). Dash attack should be easy as well, as he's either standing still, or standing still while shooting a gun. The main pain will probably be the pod launch animation, as well as all the sprites for each gun and their respective projectiles. The fact that he's a robot also means that there's no flowing cape or anything that the animators will have to have constantly moving around along with Ray :)

I have read a bunch of earlier posts discussing Ray Mk and I tried to incorporate them into this moveset, but I'd always appreciate any help on Ray's possible moves.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Ray MK III Possible moveset

*I'm going to be referencing Solbliminal's pictures a lot, so here's the link: http://sta.sh/21z8toroojb5
*If I have multiple ideas for a move, then I put another bullet to describe it. It goes without saying that only one bullet point can be used for each command.

Jabs and tilts:
I can't really think of any specific canon moves for tilts, so I won't say anything much here. Ray doesn't need to be holding weapons, so if it makes things easier for the PMDT the I'd be okay with Ray using his fists, but if they want to, then the following two would work.
-Blade gun (not shooting anything, but as said before can just be used as a sword)
-Knuckle gun

N air:
U air:
F air:
D air:

F smash:
-Magnum from Custom robo. A very short-ranged shot that does a lot of damage and knockback. Comes out quickly, like a small flash of light.
-Stun gun, which also has short range, but immobilizes the enemy for a bit, like ZSS.
Up smash:
-Rayfall gun. Ray shoots a collection of blades upward, and they float right above his head for a bit before zooming for the opponent. The second half sounds a bit overpowered...
Down smash:
-Bomb launch (Solbliminal's idea. Upon initiation, a target shows up on the ground. The longer you charge the smash, the farther away the target goes. Releasing the attack fires a missile in an arc, landing on the target. Good for edgeguarding or anti-air.)
-The dash attack of the Funky big-head from Custom Robo, only stationary (he crouches and spins in circles, arms extended, with a damaging hitbox all around him)

Dash attack:
-Dash attack from Custom Robo Arena (Ray slides sideways on his feet, his body angled back a bit, so his front foot hits the opponent)
-sliding shot from Custom robo (Ray slides and shoots three consecutive shots at a slight upward angle. You should be able to slide one way and shoot the other by doing a pivot dash attack)

Neutral B:
-three or four consecutive bullets that fly straight (the jab combo from Solbliminal's page). I based this move off the standard gun from custom robo. You can use the same bullets from the Assist trophy, if possible.
-Gravity gun (Ray's anti-air tool for sure and a must have weapon. It creates an still orb that deals multiple hits of damage. Also a good wall for blocking a few projectiles) ~copied from Solbliminal's post
Side B:
-dash attack from Custom Robo Gamecube (fox illusion, opponent flies upward. In the canon Ray Mk can combo after this)
-Trap gun from Custom Robo Gamecube. Two modes, like Samus' homing and power missiles. The soft side B will spawn a stationary projectile(s) that waits for a few seconds before flying forward. The strong side B will fire the projectile forward with no delay. Both versions hurt the same.
Up B:
-Air dash from Custom robo Gamecube (two dashes in any direction, essentially a pikachu up-B without hitboxes, Ray should be able to attack out of it)
Down B:
-fires 2 Pods from Ray's backpack, 1 in each direction. They go back and forth on the platform that they land on until they explode from contact or time. Works kind of like the Bombchu from Smash 4, without the wall climbing.

I have read a bunch of earlier posts discussing Ray Mk and I tried to incorporate them into this moveset, but I'd always appreciate any help on Ray's possible moves.
RAY SUPPORT~! YEEEE LEZ GO~!

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Oh hey, this thread again. Pretty sure this was where my first post landed.

Is the PMBR policy on adding characters from Brawl only still intact? I had a great idea for a character called Hakkun. Dunno if he had been brought up yet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU3uWnRCRH8 Just look at all the moveset potential he has!

Also, now that Smash 4's roster is finalized, are Dixie Kong and Ridley best bets for additions?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Oh hey, this thread again. Pretty sure this was where my first post landed.

Is the PMBR policy on adding characters from Brawl only still intact? I had a great idea for a character called Hakkun. Dunno if he had been brought up yet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU3uWnRCRH8 Just look at all the moveset potential he has!

Also, now that Smash 4's roster is finalized, are Dixie Kong and Ridley best bets for additions?
The policy has never changed, nor will it ever. It is to avoid the possibility of Nintendo shutting down Project M for posing as competition towards the sales of Smash 4, as well as to avoid any trouble from 2nd and 3rd party companies. And that is honestly a very good reason to stick with the guidelines.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
The policy has never changed, nor will it ever. It is to avoid the possibility of Nintendo shutting down Project M for posing as competition towards the sales of Smash 4, as well as to avoid any trouble from 2nd and 3rd party companies. And that is honestly a very good reason to stick with the guidelines.
That's what I thought. Oh well.

There's still a ton of potential character candidates.

I'm still rooting for Classic Ganon though.

ZeruSlayer

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1993-8718-4724
It was confirmed on twitter that Ganon will have access to his sword taunt in 3.5. At this point Blackendorf seems redundant but I would like to hear the opinions of diehard Legend of Zelda fans when the update hits.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
At this point it'd make no sense to give Ganon's moveset to Black Shadow
"But they could give him his 3.0 moveset!"
...That could work i guess...not that i want it to happen...
It was confirmed on twitter that Ganon will have access to his sword taunt in 3.5. At this point Blackendorf seems redundant but I would like to hear the opinions of diehard Legend of Zelda fans when the update hits.
About this - how exactly he performs it? Does he swings it by default or if something is pressed? And how powerful it is? Volcano Kick/Slowpokedorf Up Tilt-powerful or more like Ike's Side Smash?

Shin F.

Smash Master
About this - how exactly he performs it? Does he swings it by default or if something is pressed? And how powerful it is? Volcano Kick/Slowpokedorf Up Tilt-powerful or more like Ike's Side Smash?
This is the tweet they posted on it. Don't know how it's activated, but the gif gives an idea of its power.

Last edited:

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
It's activated by holding the down button on the D pad. You can also just do the quick taunt by not holding the button down.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
This is the tweet they posted on it. Don't know how it's activated, but the gif gives an idea of its power.
That looks pretty overpowered. Its slow like if Volcano Kick or Warlock Punch, but reward is a lot higher. But i doubt it will really be used outside of punishing Jigglypuffs and shield abusers.
It's activated by holding the down button on the D pad. You can also just do the quick taunt by not holding the button down.
Thanks for the info.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Yeah, now that Ganondorf can use his sword, dead man's volley reflect, and float, there really isn't a reason for the Ganondorf/Black Shadow swap. People who want another FZero rep can still vote for Black Shadow, but I'm almost positive over 90% of those votes were only really considering the changes to Ganon.

That's what I thought. Oh well.

There's still a ton of potential character candidates.

I'm still rooting for Classic Ganon though.
I'd still be hella hyped for a Pig/Beast Ganon myself, although Skull Kid takes priority for me as a new Zelda villain rep.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
Dude, don't post the leaks. I've already seen so much spoiled on the subreddit 'tonight' waiting for 3.5 to drop, no need to ruin the surprise for everyone else.

Last edited:

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Dude, don't post the leaks. I've already seen so much spoiled on the subreddit 'tonight' waiting for 3.5 to drop, not need to ruin the surprise for everyone else.
Fair enough, but someone was going to spread it around eventually. I don't want to see people disappointed when Ridley or Paper Mario's not in, though.

Eltrion

Smash Cadet
Welp, it's on Reddit and all over my FaceBook feed. Basically everyone will know now. Not that it's really surprising, when top players in the scene have known about it for like two years now.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Dude, don't post the leaks. I've already seen so much spoiled on the subreddit 'tonight' waiting for 3.5 to drop, no need to ruin the surprise for everyone else.
So there's been a new leak? I understand not wanting to discuss it here, but where could one go to find details on it? I haven't seen anything.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
After playing as some of the New Comers in the New Smash, I kinda would like to see Shulk in Project M. I know there going to play the New Smash. So I'm ready if they decide to throw him in. I mean he wasn't in Melee per say, but he's in the new one. So here's for Shulk

Shin F.

Smash Master
After playing as some of the New Comers in the New Smash, I kinda would like to see Shulk in Project M. I know there going to play the New Smash. So I'm ready if they decide to throw him in. I mean he wasn't in Melee per say, but he's in the new one. So here's for Shulk
It's against Project M's rules to use Newcomers from Smash 4. It's also one of their rules that a character has to be in Brawl as a trophy or sticker before they can be considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom