• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ondo

Smash Apprentice
I'm all for more changes -- and likely a poll reset -- once a character is actually revealed.
I'd suggest, if there isn't a new character in 3.5, doing a reset sometime after the entire Smash 4 roster is known.

Finally, I'd also argue that with a new poll, the choices would be locked. No new entries can come in. We pretty much exhausted the whole well by this point, and having a fixed character selection (one of the major confusions behind this whole poll was there being the ability to vote for characters not on the list) will make it be smoother too.
Perhaps have a separate thread for people suggesting characters to add to the list? (Assuming someone is willing to monitor it.) I mean, I wouldn't expect any to actually be added, but it is something I think people enjoy, and I think pointing to a place where it can be done might be better than telling people no. And I sometimes enjoy seeing off-the-wall ideas like Primid. (And if the expected way to show you like a character was to just hit like on the post suggesting them, rather than post a reply saying that, it could cut down significantly on the clutter in the thread.)

Golf Actual

Smash Rookie
I know I've spoken to Golf Actual before but what are your opinions on Takamaru @AceGamer? Care to give him a vote too while you're at it? No pressure, just asking.
And don't worry, I didn't forget about Takamaru! I just wanted to find out if I could make a half vote a full one later if I still had full votes avaliable.

Malion

Smash Ace
anti crouching... that is the first time I've even entertained the notion of that. Is there an analog for crawling while anti-crouching? Like an upright douchey sort of walk? lol

TRJV

Smash Journeyman
This sort of thing is bound to happen if only because our half votes are unlimited.
There is no penalty for dropping a half vote on literally every sticker in the game.
if a character doesn't have a meaningful impact to their entire series, do not vote for them. Stuff like that. We should literally sit down and pluck out reasonable characters. Mention in the OP that we have done so to give a more serious atmosphere about voting here.

One +1/2 vote to Cell phone from Kirby and the Amazing Mirror.:troll:

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
It seems the temperance of this thread has changed now that we have gotten closer to the release of Sm4sh. As it seems more and more likely that certain characters do not have a chance, Project M seems like a much more inviting safe-haven.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
That is not a character. That is an object. Go home TRJV. You're drunk.
This is off topic but did that Freedom Planet game come out yet? I found out about it when it was announced and totally forgot about it until I saw your avatar.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
This is off topic but did that Freedom Planet game come out yet? I found out about it when it was announced and totally forgot about it until I saw your avatar.
Yes. Yes it did. Full version came out last month. Gamesgoooooood.

Objects can't be friends :(
Sandbag and Mr. Saturn would like a word with you.

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
But it was playable in Melee with the debug mode. Sandbag was the best character.

I know someone actually made a good move set for it. I might be in it's support thread.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
But it was playable in Melee with the debug mode. Sandbag was the best character.

I know someone actually made a good move set for it. I might be in it's support thread.
Well that is just a debug mode. Sandbag was never canonically playable, nor should he really be. He is a prop meant for the satisfaction of the Home Run Contest. I like the little guy, but he serves his purpose already.

TRJV

Smash Journeyman
That is not a character. That is an object. Go home TRJV. You're drunk.
Objects can't be friends :(
Wha-what?*sniff* You're, you're wrong! Phonie's n-not just an object! *sobs* I'll show you! objects c-can be friends!

C- c'mon Phonie, let's go! *Runs into forest*

*Runs back out of forest to get better reception*

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Wha-what?*sniff* You're, you're wrong! Phonie's n-not just an object! *sobs* I'll show you! objects c-can be friends!

C- c'mon Phonie, let's go! *Runs into forest*

*Runs back out of forest to get better reception*
Use it to call for a ride back home. You're clearly drunk.

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
we could agree on a set number of likey and popular choices for characters and then hold an an actual voting poll.

ie. if there are 10 characters, we number them 1 to 10 in order of preference, 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest.

the amount you rate a character is how many points it gets.

example, if i rate lyndis 10, but someone else gives her a 3, the option has 13 points.

it requires a bit of math, but everyone's votes being added together in this scoring system should yield a better idea of how at least our community sits, and it means everyone has to make a choice about ALL options present. the scores are much harder to distort than with this current shoddy half vote and downvote crap.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Phone can be a character because it's Ness' dad.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
As someone who literally just started Earthbound for the first time ever yesterday, Mansta8 is truly this thread's winner currently.

Ginge

Smash Ace
I've never played a Mother game, either. Despite Ness being one of my three mains in N64 and Lucas (Claus costume) being one of my two mains in Brawl.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
If people are interested in playing EarthBound, it's on the Wii U for a measly $10. One of the best $10 dollar games ever out there, alongside Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask on Wii Virtual Console

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Play the Mysterious Murasame Castle while you're at it. One of the early NES era's finest action titles right there. It's only five bucks on the 3DS VC. :D

Vote for Takamaru

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Still waiting on the day Custom Robo 64 and Custom Robo V2 get localized. :sadeyes: I heard they were the best in the series.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Im back after missing a lot of pages, did anyone post lip's vote count yet?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
So I made some modifications to my Ninten design after a bit more research. I found a more interesting method for differentiating his shirt from Ness'. I took inspiration from Ninten's original sprite where he only appears to have a single stripe across. I combined the idea with his Red White and Blue shirt idea from the original concept. If anyone has any more suggestions, I'll be sure to give them a shot.

Old -- New

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
So I made some modifications to my Ninten design after a bit more research. I found a more interesting method for differentiating his shirt from Ness'. I took inspiration from Ninten's original sprite where he only appears to have a single stripe across. I combined the idea with his Red White and Blue shirt idea from the original concept. If anyone has any more suggestions, I'll be sure to give them a shot.

Old -- New
I like the mixed designs. I'm not sure that it differentiates him more from Ness than the colors already did, but it's certainly really good.

I almost want to make it so his stripes are just different on every costume. Like, the Old version is his default, and then the New version is his Blue Team, and perhaps his Red or Green team has a single stripe like the sprite does.

Either way, whichever might end up as the default, the other would make a good alt.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I like the mixed designs. I'm not sure that it differentiates him more from Ness than the colors already did, but it's certainly really good.

I almost want to make it so his stripes are just different on every costume. Like, the Old version is his default, and then the New version is his Blue Team, and perhaps his Red or Green team has a single stripe like the sprite does.

Either way, whichever might end up as the default, the other would make a good alt.
Well the only major reason I made the shift is because I noticed that the texture might have some difficulty to its design. But I can play around with the design a bit more if you have anymore suggestions.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Well the only major reason I made the shift is because I noticed that the texture might have some difficulty to its design. But I can play around with the design a bit more if you have anymore suggestions.
Nah, both designs are really cool. You're right that it would be hard to get the straight stripes on the sleeves, though.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Ive returned after a day of Crashboards not giving me notifications.

While I was gone,

People decided that Poll Resets should happen.
People voted for Cell Phones.
Ness's dad was mentioned and it wasn't a Child-Parent bonding seminar.

My only question is,
Why is it you guys only whip out the bong when I'm gone?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom