• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Off topic sorry, but I need some opinions from the good patrons of the clone engine thread.:pimp:

Earthbound or DKC 3D? I haven't played either series, (besides some DKC at my grandma's when I was little)and now I can get one of them free at club Nintendo. which one would you guys choose?

That's fine but could you use a different shade? My eyes ache after reding some of you longer posts.:crazy:
EarthBound, but this doesn't really belong here. It could be better suited to the social thread.

Depends on what you like better, RPGs or platformers.
But yeah, basically this.

Shin F.

Smash Master
What Anti Guy said. I've never played DKC 3D (Just the first 3 games), so naturally I'm going to reply that I'd prefer Earthbound. But it really all just depends on what types of games you like better.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Off topic sorry, but I need some opinions from the good patrons of the clone engine thread.:pimp:

Earthbound or DKC 3D? I haven't played either series, (besides some DKC at my grandma's when I was little)and now I can get one of them free at club Nintendo. which one would you guys choose?

That's fine but could you use a different shade? My eyes ache after reding some of you longer posts.:crazy:
Earthbound. I'll explain why.
Earthbound.
Lol but really here goes the reason.
Earthbound.
Earthbound.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Earthbound. I'll explain why.
Earthbound.
Lol but really here goes the reason.
Earthbound.
Earthbound.
This.

Ik he isint eligible, but how would everyone feel about Shovel Knight as a character?
(I honestly really hope Nintendo snaps this ip up ;-; )

-
Wdf did it copy the spoilers for

Last edited:

Ginge

Smash Ace
I have never tried the Mother series. But I grew up on DKC 1-3 and DK64. Donkey Kong Country Returns (the game which 3D is a port / remake of) is a really solid, true to form platformer. The graphics were beautiful and it was classic old school platformer with updated graphics. If you enjoyed the SNES DKC games, I'd give it a go.

TRJV

Smash Journeyman
That's nothing next to Donkey Kong's 64 million.
Nothing next to Donkey Kong's 64 million. . . . . .Donkey Kong's 64 million. . . . . .Donkey, Kong. Sixty, four. . . .

. . .Excuse me while I hook up my N64. *Sprints off*

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I made a post about Shovel Knight

But everyone ignored it cuz it wasnt Earthbound
A shovel being a knight? That's a little hard to believe. Earthbound was totally rational and believable at all times

If you can't tel I'm being sarcastic go home. Or if you already are at home go somewhere else

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I've decided to update my votes.
My 5 +1 votes go to:

1. Claus/Masked Man (Mother 3)
2: Skapon (Joy Mech Fight)
3. Waluigi (Wario)
4. King K. Rool (D.K.)
5. Ridley (Metroid)

+1/2 to all other suggestions.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
I've decided to update my votes.
My 5 +1 votes go to:

1. Claus/Masked Man (Mother 3)
2: Skapon (Joy Mech Fight)
3. Waluigi (Wario)
4. King K. Rool (D.K.)
5. Ridley (Metroid)

+1/2 to all other suggestions.
Unfortunately it seems you've used all of your +1s already, and those cannot be changed unless you provide a really good reason as to why. Also, what do you mean +1/2 to all other suggestions and are you getting rid of your negative votes???

ZeruSlayer

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1993-8718-4724
Opps, sorry :surprised:. Is this colour fine? I find using the darker blue shades are worse than the lighter ones I've been using.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
A shovel being a knight? That's a little hard to believe. Earthbound was totally rational and believable at all times

If you can't tel I'm being sarcastic go home. Or if you already are at home go somewhere else
Shield Knight tho

Real talk: Shovel Knight seems so perfect for Smash Bros, Nintendo needs to make it happen.

Or maybe the PMBR will relax the rules a bit after smash 4 is out. I doubt it, but a man can dream.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Unfortunately it seems you've used all of your +1s already, and those cannot be changed unless you provide a really good reason as to why. Also, what do you mean +1/2 to all other suggestions and are you getting rid of your negative votes???
Indeed I am. They were proven to be bad reasons to down vote somebody a long time ago.

And I guess I changed my votes now because Ninten was cool, but Masked Man/Claus has just as much, if not more potential than him, and i dont really wanna see it go wasted, because he likely isnt gonna be in Smash 4. It would also be more fitting if the PMBR added another Psykid that's a villain, so it follows the spacie pattern of having two protagonists and an antagonist playable.

And nobody really wanted a fourth spacie as much as I did.. So I decided an original Nintendo fighting character would be a little cooler, and a worthier candidate than a clone and other independant NES game representatives (Sorry Mach Rider..)

Unless people really think I should stand by my old votes, I'm okay with my new decision.

I still have my last 3 +1 votes put on the same nefarious villains as before, Waluigi, King K., and "Too Big" Ridley, so nothing to change there.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Indeed I am. They were proven to be bad reasons to down vote somebody a long time ago.

And I guess I changed my votes now because Ninten was cool, but Masked Man/Claus has just as much, if not more potential than him, and i dont really wanna see it go wasted, because he likely isnt gonna be in Smash 4. It would also be more fitting if the PMBR added another Psykid that's a villain, so it follows the spacie pattern of having two protagonists and an antagonist playable.

And nobody really wanted a fourth spacie as much as I did.. So I decided an original Nintendo fighting character would be a little cooler, and a worthier candidate than a clone and other independant NES game representatives (Sorry Mach Rider..)

Unless people really think I should stand by my old votes, I'm okay with my new decision.

I still have my last 3 +1 votes put on the same nefarious villains as before, Waluigi, King K., and "Too Big" Ridley, so nothing to change there.
+1 Votes are meant to be characters that you feel incredibly strongly about, so I'm not sure that a change in opinion about a different character's potential or changing a vote because no one else wants that character is sufficient reason. It takes something pretty game-changing for us to let a +1 vote change, and I'm not sure either of those reasons qualify.

Any other other vote takers want to weigh in? What do you guys think?

Last edited:

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
I'd be okay with his reasoning behind Masked Man/Claus, but I don't even see a vote for Ninten in his previous posts and it isn't tallied in our spreadsheet. I saw him taking part in the Ninten discussion but that was it :/

The Slippy vote change doesn't seem like a good reason at all. Just because others don't want another spacie doesn't mean you don't and you can't change your votes just because your previous one isn't doing well. Like your Micaiah +1 for example that you seem to have forgotten CBO0tz.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
+1 Votes are meant to be characters that you feel incredibly strongly about, so I'm not sure that a change in opinion about a different character's potential or changing a vote because no one else wants that character is sufficient reason. It takes something pretty game-changing for us to let a +1 vote change, and I'm not sure either of those reasons qualify.

Another other vote takers want to weigh in? What do you guys think?
I personally don't find it to carry enough weight to merit a re-vote. He is changing his vote on the whim that Masked Man is potentially better than another candidate. Which there is nothing wrong with that, but we have stated many times that +1 votes need to be characters you feel strongly about. The fact he wants to change it based completely on another character's potential kind of shows the fact he doesn't feel strongly about either candidate he is voting for. Merely the potential they offer. This reasoning for his re-vote is flawed in the fact it can happen again if he finds another character to have higher priority and potential.

For the matter of Slippy, I agree with JCOnyx.

Last edited:

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Question-
Does the PMBR pay attention to this thread and are they considering characters here?

Votes:
1) Masked Man
2) Isaac
3) Sami
4) King K. Rool
5) Tom Nook

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Question-
Does the PMBR pay attention to this thread and are they considering characters here?
They visit from time to time to clear up confusion, but they haven't made it clear whether or not they take this thread into account.

ZeruSlayer

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1993-8718-4724
Question-
Some PMBR members come around here from time to time so they do notice the thread and the votes in it, but ultimately they decide which characters are in. It's currently unknown if these votes are a factor in their decision making process.

Edit: Alfonzo'd :4greninja:

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
At the very least, I'm pretty sure I've seen a PMBR say that it's useful for them to know which characters are popular and which are controversial, even if they don't choose to take it into account.

Last edited:

ZeruSlayer

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1993-8718-4724
At the very least, I'm pretty sure I've seen a PMBR say that it's useful for them to know which characters are popular and which are controversial, even if they don't choose to take it into account.
Which PMBR member said that? I think I wasn't a member when this happened.

Last edited:

Malion

Smash Ace
Might as well throw around some half votes... I don't think I have in a while!

Half Votes:
Ganon
9-volt
Medli
Bow (Paper Mario)
Deku Link

Quarter Votes:
Primid

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
So, SSF2 just announced Isaac for their next demo (following 0.9b) release.

You best step up your game PMBR, I only have so much hype to go around.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Well, someone just posted on gamefaqs saying Isaac is in Smash Flash 2 and a quick check confirms it.

...Well, that's a... um... well... Isaac doesn't feel as amazing anymore. Some part of him now feels violated and no longer pure.

*NINJA'D*

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
So, SSF2 just announced Isaac for their next demo (following 0.9b) release.

You best step up your game PMBR, I only have so much hype to go around.
inb4 the PMBR is all "It'll look like we're copying SSF2 if we add Isaac so we're not gonna include him anymore."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom