• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
They should also put "Shadow" before every character name, and call it Project Edge.
Just black and red recolors in different shades, and with Shadow's Theme replacing every song.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
So, when PM announces new characters, how many do you think they will announce first and who do you think they will be?

I would say if I am being optimistic, they will announce an addition of two characters at or around the same time, and as for who, my guess is Isaac and Ridley.
I'd assume one at a time. I feel this way a big reveal can have all the attention it deserves, and more hype can build up during the waiting time between reveals.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
They should also put "Shadow" before every character name, and call it Project Edge.
Just black and red recolors in different shades, and with Shadow's Theme replacing every song.
Don't cyberbully me, Cardigan.

Think of all the Edges in the world and how this could affect them.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Are you guys really expecting a new announcement? That's soon...
Then again, 3.0 came a lot sooner then expected.

Project M releases

Announced 1.0 on January 15, 2011
Released 1.0 on February 8, 2011

2.0 released on April 7, 2012
2.1 released on May 23, 2012

2.5 released on December 29 2012
Bug fix on Jan 6 2013

2.6 released on July 7, 2013
2.6B (bugs) released on August5, 2013

3.0 was released on December 9th, 2013
3.01 was released on january 11th, 2014
3.02 was released on january 13th, 2014

I mean, the gaps decreased every time so...

Cool Blue

Smash Journeyman
Are you guys really expecting a new announcement? That's soon...
Then again, 3.0 came a lot sooner then expected.

Project M releases

Announced 1.0 on January 15, 2011
Released 1.0 on February 8, 2011

2.0 released on April 7, 2012
2.1 released on May 23, 2012

2.5 released on December 29 2012
Bug fix on Jan 6 2013

2.6 released on July 7, 2013
2.6B (bugs) released on August5, 2013

3.0 was released on December 9th, 2013
3.01 was released on january 11th, 2014
3.02 was released on january 13th, 2014

I mean, the gaps decreased every time so...
I guess we can only hope.

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman

@MLGF I think a trailer, a news update or something should be popping up soon. Even though we just got 3.0 a few months ago smash 4 has releases in both summer and winter so PM should do it's best to get something out before the end of the year....Now that i think about it maybe there will be a massive PM gold update in Fall?

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
So like they reveal Shadow for example and then they show us the CSS and it's Shadow, Knuckles, Tails, and Silver? :troll:

(I hate to keep using so many gifs but there were really no words for this one)
Don't cyberbully me, Cardigan.

Think of all the Edges in the world and how this could affect them.

@MLGF I think a trailer, a news update or something should be popping up soon. Even though we just got 3.0 a few months ago smash 4 has releases in both summer and winter so PM should do it's best to get something out before the end of the year....Now that i think about it maybe there will be a massive PM gold update in Fall?

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I recall in a Reddit Q and A with Strongbad and Warchamp, they mentioned how the PMBR is more focused on fixing bugs and glitches first rather than beginning the Clone Engine process. Has it been confirmed that they've begun work?

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
I recall in a Reddit Q and A with Strongbad and Warchamp, they mentioned how the PMBR is more focused on fixing bugs and glitches first rather than beginning the Clone Engine process. Has it been confirmed that they've begun work?
I'm sure they've already started. It's just a continuous process i would imagine.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
That reminds me, on Reddit someone asked Warchamp about if Ridley would be too big as a Clone Engine character. He responded, "He's pretty big." I know he's just one member of the PMBR, but it still is interesting because the response makes it seem as if it's been discussed by the back room.

Last edited:

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
That reminds me, on Reddit someone asked Warchamp about if Ridley would be too big as a Clone Engine character. He responded, "He's pretty big." I know he's just one member of the PMBR, but it still is interesting because the response makes it seem as if it's been discussed by the back room.
Their argument about Ridley was probably like my argument a couple pages back x1000. I can only imagine how long it dragged on and how much :shaker: there was. We can't even be sure the argument is over yet.

Cool Blue

Smash Journeyman
Warchamp was probably just being really vague on purpose.

Dang game designers. Never give us any straight answers.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Their argument about Ridley was probably like my argument a couple pages back x1000. I can only imagine how long it dragged on and how much :shaker: there was. We can't even be sure the argument is over yet.
There's a bb code for salt now :shaker:

Smashboards is now complete :cool:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
There's more where that came from. :salt:
Ah, I typed : shaker : not : salt : since that's what I saw when I quoted N.

Either way, I'm glad that SSB4 will release this summer. Now that we'll know the full roster soon we can see who's really eligible for Project M and who isn't. No more worrying about who MIGHT be in.

Exodo

Smash Ace
In that case, I'd choose Pichu. He's a veteran, and Fox already has a clone. A third character with the same base moveset would feel so redundant, especially considering Wolf is nearly a semi-clone as well.

He's no Nightmare, though. Hearing that thing's cry in Other M - eugh.
what about in meele? mario luigi and doctor mario? i would also like pichu but slippy is almost confirmed and it would be a nice thing to see how it comes out

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
what about in meele? mario luigi and doctor mario? i would also like pichu but slippy is almost confirmed and it would be a nice thing to see how it comes out
Erm. I'll handle this.
Exodo. Let's you and me take a walk
Also slippy isn't completely confirmed. It was an April Fools joke.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Well I know that Warchamp digs Elsword. I've actually had the opportunity to talk to him there and he is a pretty cool guy. I did joke around about wanting Elesis for the Clone Engine, and he said he would love that.

Elesis for Clone Engine PMBR... much plzzz. Probably the most unlikely thing to ever happen, but PLZZZZZZZ!!!
PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!! :roypm:

Last edited:

Exodo

Smash Ace
Erm. I'll handle this.
Exodo. Let's you and me take a walk
Also slippy isn't completely confirmed. It was an April Fools joke.
Well with almost confirmed i meant with theReflexWonder who is part of the pmbr interview where he said he is planning to take "slippy" as a serious thing from the video, aside that if you watch closely you can see slippy does have indeed some unique animations which i dont think they would do only for april fools joke video.. and with the link you sent about the clone engine, that supports my statement, they.might have similar animations and attack but the gameplay could be completely different and with slippy some interesting things could be added for example:
- basing him from the stats in star fox assault, in other words making him the slowest from the star crew but giving him the best recovery aka jumps, also making him heavier(more tanky) and stronger attacks since its specialty is land fights.
- green lasers, up b could work as luigi green missile but upward.
- since slippy has short legs give him more punching attacks.
- if you have seen the cartridge of star fox assault you can see slippy has yellow grenades, perhaps he could use grenades for the side special, could work like snakes n special.
- slippy's dash attack could be tripping face first like ddd (kinda) or maybe just give him tripping since he is "the joke character" but tripping near enemy would cause damage, another thing could be the lasers or grenade cause tripping if 3 lasers stack lets say or if the grenade blast hits on sweetspot (basically imply something based on tripping).

sooo yeah... SUPPORT SLIPPY FOR PM!!! and Pichu!!! and young link mask's based moveset!!!
- specials: N: Deku shot
.. S: doble Sorarangs
. U: deku flower

. D: Goron ground pound(this could also be down smash(like wario's))

Last edited:

Cool Blue

Smash Journeyman
Well I know that Warchamp digs Elsword. I've actually had the opportunity to talk to him there and he is a pretty cool guy. I did joke around about wanting Elesis for the Clone Engine, and he said he would love that.

Elesis for Clone Engine PMBR... much plzzz. Probably the most unlikely thing to ever happen, but PLZZZZZZZ!!!
PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!! :roypm:
Who would want another sword user like that?

:troll:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
image.jpg

I found this Ridley model in the recycle bin on my Mac. I recovered the file and discovered it's name was Grey Poupon, so I went on Wikipedia and looked up Mustard. Using a keyword search I found out that 431 words in the mustard article start with the letter "m"... Incidentally, the game we've been discussing is Project M...

RIDFIRM CONLEY.

Shin F.

Smash Master
View attachment 12361
I found this Ridley model in the recycle bin on my Mac. I recovered the file and discovered it's name was Grey Poupon, so I went on Wikipedia and looked up Mustard. Using a keyword search I found out that 431 words in the mustard article start with the letter "m"... Incidentally, the game we've been discussing is Project M...

RIDFIRM CONLEY.
Is that model from the Minetroid resource pack that was made to have Metroid textures everywhere? In Minecraft, that is. It made the Ender Dragon into Ridley...

Mojang, Minecraft, Minetroid... M words are everywhere.

Ridfirm "Endragon" Conley

Cool Blue

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 12361

RIDFIRM CONLEY.
Just gonna drop this by.
Edit: Shinja'd

Last edited:

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
Well with almost confirmed i meant with theReflexWonder who is part of the pmbr interview where he said he is planning to take "slippy" as a serious thing from the video, aside that if you watch closely you can see slippy does have indeed some unique animations which i dont think they would do only for april fools joke video.. and with the link you sent about the clone engine, that supports my statement, they.might have similar animations and attack but the gameplay could be completely different and with slippy some interesting things could be added for example:
- basing him from the stats in star fox assault, in other words making him the slowest from the star crew but giving him the best recovery aka jumps, also making him heavier(more tanky) and stronger attacks since its specialty is land fights.
- green lasers, up b could work as luigi green missile but upward.
- since slippy has short legs give him more punching attacks.
- if you have seen the cartridge of star fox assault you can see slippy has yellow grenades, perhaps he could use grenades for the side special, could work like snakes n special.
- slippy's dash attack could be tripping face first like ddd (kinda) or maybe just give him tripping since he is "the joke character" but tripping near enemy would cause damage, another thing could be the lasers or grenade cause tripping if 3 lasers stack lets say or if the grenade blast hits on sweetspot (basically imply something based on tripping).

sooo yeah... SUPPORT SLIPPY FOR PM!!! and Pichu!!! and young link mask's based moveset!!!
- specials: N: Deku shot
.. S: doble Sorarangs
. U: deku flower

. D: Goron ground pound(this could also be down smash(like wario's))
If what you say about reflex is true than slippy has potential. The unique animations were probably just stance modifications from a previous slippy mod. One of the issues however is that fox already is the base for 2 other characters. A 3rd character might cause some backlash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom