• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
You are saying it as if the character wouldn't be votes on. Obviously community would vote on the character that sounds and looks best like we are for this thread. Nonetheless, it was only an idea. You would be surprised how many talented artists lurk these forums, let alone the P:M website. I would also say their would likely be requirements to meet like obviously stated before (no sonic fan characters or fan characters of any sort). Again, just a thought.
Don't get me wrong; I appreciate your idea, and I'm sure some people could design plausible characters. I just don't see it paying off versus an established character, especially considering that there'd be plenty of bad ones to go through. I get that fan characters wouldn't be accepted, but you know people are going to try anyway.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Don't get me wrong; I appreciate your idea, and I'm sure some people could design plausible characters. I just don't see it paying off versus an established character, especially considering that there'd be plenty of bad ones to go through. I get that fan characters wouldn't be accepted, but you know people are going to try anyway.

Also if the same fans who are making the crappy fan characters are also the ones voting then the winner will end up being just as crappy.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I can see your point. I mostly made the suggestion for the sake of P:M having an official character of their own in which they could do anything they wanted to it and not have to worry about meeting ridiculous requirements. Just a passing thought.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Also if the same fans who are making the crappy fan characters are also the ones voting then the winner will end up being just as crappy.
Didn't think of that, and it would totally happen...
I can see your point. I mostly made the suggestion for the sake of P:M having an official character of their own in which they could do anything they wanted to it and not have to worry about meeting ridiculous requirements. Just a passing thought.
It does make sense, which is why a lot of mods do it. It just probably isn't in this one's best interest. I don't blame you for saying it, humor aside.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
It does make sense, which is why a lot of mods do it. It just probably isn't in this one's best interest. I don't blame you for saying it, humor aside.
Agreed. And thank you for respectively responding to the message rather than tell me I outright had horrible taste in even mentioning it.

Fortress

Smash Master
So, don't know if anybody read my original post about Zant or not. If not, and you feel like doing so, click the little arrow in the quote box to be whisked away to the plan.

Okay, now, having read, seen, or at least peeked at that, I wanted to make an update to what I'd thought up.

MAD REVERSALS

So, we all know that Zant is goofy. A card. Bat**** crazy. With that in mind, a friend of mine and myself loved the idea of Zant's smashes being reversals. Just ****ing goofy moves. The idea would be that the starting animation for Zant's smashes and tilts would be the same (f-tilt would be similar to f-smash, etc.), but Zant would suddenly switch up the direction in which he was attacking. So, you'd see him wind up a Forward Smash, only to have him hit behind him. Here's what I had in mind specifically.

F-Smash: Zant bends backwards in an impossible manner, unleashing a strong stab with his blades.
U-Smash: Zant lifts his blades upward similar to his forward tilt, but quickly brings them down on each side of him, pushing opponents away.
D-Smash: Zant lifts his leg as if he's about to stomp-dance on the opponent, but rotates so that he's facing upward and kicks hard with a magical force.

Dash Attack: (I felt like this could be changed to something goofier for the dude) Zant trips and falls, yelling wildly and kicking his legs out, hitting in a manner similar to Luigi's dashing attack, but with more knockback and less damage.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Zant stuff
I love it when people come up with ideas for characters who have very little spotlight. Though Zant I honestly don't find interesting, on top of the fact we have plenty of Zelda reps. I respect your taste though. You have a generally well thought out moveset that sounds interesting and fun.

Fortress

Smash Master
Zant's off-the-walls, no-medication, ****ing loco, man. He'd be bound to be fun. He's like the Weegee of the Legend of Zelda franchise.

Also, did you check out my original Zant post? It's meatier, wackier, and the one you just saw is just an update to the original.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Zant's off-the-walls, no-medication, ****ing loco, man. He'd be bound to be fun. He's like the Weegee of the Legend of Zelda franchise.
He still doesn't peak my interest though. I personally found him a let down as a Zelda villain, much like Demise.

Fortress

Smash Master
Demise was pretty dull, and to be honest, Zant's plans, goals, and ambitions were pretty cookie-cutter and uninteresting. But, man, if he wasn't wacky. His boss fight was just humorous. I giggled more than once during that battle.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Give Groose Gdorf's moves, and you guys can do whatever you want with Ganondorf. I'll be too busy playing Groose all day every day to care.

(I actually have a Groose model swap on Gdorf already, it's pretty awesome. :D)

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
click the little arrow in the quote box to be whisked away to the plan..
I've been on Smashboards for nearly a year, and I didn't know you could do that until now. Thank you.

The idea of reverse smashes is intriguing, but it would likely be difficult to balance as it's quite a (radical?) mechanic to implement.

Fortress

Smash Master
I've been on Smashboards for nearly a year, and I didn't know you could do that until now. Thank you.

The idea of reverse smashes is intriguing, but it would likely be difficult to balance as it's quite a (radical?) mechanic to implement.
I agree, and that's what I thought, too. It'd be so weird, only Roy has a true-blue reversal, and he can't just whip it out on the spot like my idea for Zant would call for. I just thought it would go so well with the dude's oddball character.

And you're welcome lol.

Give Groose Gdorf's moves, and you guys can do whatever you want with Ganondorf. I'll be too busy playing Groose all day every day to care.
Just give him his cool cannon, and make him play like he was in Snake's Final Smash for the entire match.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Picking Groose will also override whatever music would've played with his theme, regardless of the stage.

Bonus points if they remaster every single song in the game so that it has a "Groose" version where it sounds really derpy. And they get a gold star if they remaster every song ever made in the world, so that if you mod your files to have Compendium's "Breathing space", you can still add in a Groose-appropriate remix.

This seems pretty feasible, maybe like 20 hours tops. TBH I'm not sure why it wasn't in 2.6.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Who the **** is Demise? Everyone knows Skyward sword never happened except for Groose.
You can mock me for this, but I personally enjoyed Ghirahim. Groose was okay, but the rest of the game as you said just doesn't exist.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Yeah, Ghirahim was a really well-done villain.

Honestly, I loved a lot of stuff about Skyward Sword. There's this one scene where Link is listening to these big flying whales sing some song that he needs, and he's kind of looking up at them in wonder and he can't help but smile... I really like that scene. It made me feel that this Link was a young guy on an incredible journey and wasn't above enjoying it. It was a nice juxtaposition to the jaded, war-torn heroes that video games usually give us, who don't blink when incredible stuff is happening all around them.

I also didn't play Skyward Sword, though. My little brother did, and I just watched. That could be why I loved it so much - I would enjoy the cutscenes and the atmosphere, and then when my brother was back-tracking and trying to get tad-tones or something silly, I'd do something else. XD So the entire game felt more like a Zelda anime to me.

red9rd

Smash Ace
What sucks is that they said for the next game they want to follow the path of skyward sword and change what makes the zelda series.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
What sucks is that they said for the next game they want to follow the path of skyward sword and change what makes the zelda series.

Not really, most recent interviews have said that they're testing the open world waters with Link Between Worlds and want to do more of the same in the next console one. According to Aonuma reading Miiverse posts opened his eyes to how much people hate the recent hand holding. More Majora's Mask/Wind Waker less Skyward Sword. Of course I'll only believe it when I see it, but still, one can hope.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
How does that suck? If they improve upon what they did in Skyward Sword, it would be completely fine. Ditch stamina, ditch shield health, more Groose and Ghirahim, instantly awesome. Of course that all could be achieved with Groose alone.

Rhinevalcke6

Smash Cadet
+1 Votes(Organized in Priority order):
Ganondorf / Black Shadow
Dark Samus: (Not as likely to be in SSB4 as Ridley, and I like the concept of a moderate heavier, faster Samus Clone)
Wolf Link: (Moveset would be a combination of Twilight Princesses moveset, and Ameratasu's moveset from Okami (Like Lucaryu))
Sukapon: Unique character, could use moves from every mech in its game, like Lucas/Ness does with Party Members
Paper Mario: I just really want to see paper Mario

I didn't like giving Mario and Zelda more Characters, But the Wolf Link idea would be very unique (Could borrow moves from other wolves in gaming to).

I'm just a huge Paper Mario fan.

I -would- like to see a character with a moveset inspired by Character Action/Hack 'n' Slash (What ever you want to call their genre) games like Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising, Wonderful 101, etc, because they all have somewhat similar movesets (Although Dante from DMC3 and 4 should be the biggest influence on the moveset), but I can't think of a character other that Ike that would fit this playstyle. Except Ike, but then where would Ike's movest go? Ganondorf? That would go over really well, right? Probably not... If anyone else has an idea for who this character could be (Pretty much the only requirement is "Has a BroadSword"), I would give this character a +1 vote over Paper Mario.

Another Thing I'd like to see is a Belmont as a Slower Sheik Clone but I'm pretty sure there is nothing about Castlevania in Brawl.

-1 votes:
Lyn
Sami
Samurai Goroh
Andy
Toad
Krystal
Hector
Toon Zelda
Pichu
Waluigi
Tails
Knuckles
Shadow

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

More change is good. Skyward Sword + Twilight Princess's Epona, Secret Sword Techniques and Hyrule = YES!!!!

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703

I actually bought that picture from the person who drew it at a con. She did a version that was small enough to be slipped into your Wii case, so it actually looks like it's a Wii game. 8)

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I actually bought that picture from the person who drew it at a con. She did a version that was small enough to be slipped into your Wii case, so it actually looks like it's a Wii game. 8)
NO! I demand a full scale mod in which Groose is the playable character and we get to play the entire game through his ridiculous version of the story in a similar manner to Lion King 1½.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom