• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
While I don't condone sending him hate either - you speak as if him having a "source" is truth.

I've doubted from the very beginning that he had a source, and that he was just riding along a lucky streak and taking advantage of it. His source hasn't been confirmed, therefore, the existence of any tipper could have been yet another fabrication, just so he could use it to avert any pestering he'd get (which doesn't seem to be fully working regardless).
I considered that possibility and realize it doesn't matter either way because before today I never cared about the leak to begin with. The only reason I care today is because loldebunked

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
LOL!!! This was too good not to make:
Someone didn't read the Gematsu leak:

#FalchionMonday

Last edited:

gamer8

Smash Lord
If they were so easy then why did no one else guess them? LOL. That's not a good way to start a debate.

How come she has a question mark?
This whole thing with Lucina is getting to me. I mean, she has to be a newcomer because she got her own page and it even says newcomer on it, plus why would an alternate costume get one of those character reveal things like you just showed? But then, why is her character box not wider to show off she's a newcomer? Plus she's also a clone. I am so confused.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
If the Sal leak had outdated information, it's still stupendeous legit. Chrom has a full model and a final smash where Robin floats around him doing the action hmm... Greninja was listed as 'pokemon from x and y' because he was developed as a pokemon from x and y. Sakurai told at E3 that they got sketches from him, he was done before X and Y got releassed. Now these are arguments for keeping the leak alive, the leak is partily true anyway, you can't put a big FAKE stamp on it.

Anyway, did anyone think that Chrom's appearance in the trailer, the things he said was sooooooo extremely troll by Sakurai to get rid of the gematsu leak?

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Some of Lucina's animations are different than Marth's, as noted by the one pic with her, Ike and Marth. She holds her sword back while they hold their sword forward. More likely she's Roy, mechanically.

T

Trick or Treat

I don't see why you're acting like you had spot on judgment or something.
Yeah, it's so obvious that Wii Fit Trainer was coming to the game, who would have guessed?
Oh, not to mention Palutena, before we knew Pit had a new final smash.
Mii Fighters? Yeah that's a simple name to guess. Villager? Ok, he was def on everyone's list.

/Sarcasm
Did you not see how many of the fake leaks, in the old Rumors thread, listed Palutena as a newcomer? A lot of people predicted/guessed her.

Villager, or any character from Animal Crossing (Tom Nook could've been 'animal crossing guy') isn't that unlikely. It was only a matter of time.

The only remotely suspect guesses were Wii Fit and calling Miis "Mii Fighter". That's it.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Chrom is deconfirmed.

Gematsu said Chrom would be in but he isn't.

But there is a Mechon Trophy and Sneaky Spirit Enemy in Smash Run.

This leads me to believe that it's old info and they decided not to go with Chrom overall.

But wait. Then what about the Shulk thing the leaker said yesterday?

Sakurai changed plans to spite the leaker. Always leak a hour or so before so nothing could be done. But a day before and everything can change. It also didn't help that Monolith soft guys retweeted it.

But even if that's a possibility, how would the leaker have old info but all of a sudden know when Shulk is being revealed? Could Sal have made that up due to overconfidence? Or did the leaker?

Basically I'm very confused and have no idea what to think.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Villager: Animal Crossing rep overdue
Mega Man: By far the most requested third party
WFT: Lucky Guess
Little Mac: Long overdue newcomer
Mii Fighter: Inevitable
Pac-Man: Namco worked on SSB4 and would complete the Big Mascot 4
Greninja: Not known yet but new Pokemon rep to diversify roster needed plus he had a cool design according to Sakurai, ¨Pokemon from X and Y¨ was a really safe vague guess
Palutena: Really popular and heavily requested character from KID ICARUS UPRISING

My take, I´m done with this leak, thank goodness it´s over

Xandercage

Smash Rookie
Even Lucina's intro graphic is confusing. "Lucina Wakes Her Blade?!"........ Her Blade?!

Even the graphic doesn't know what she is. Haha.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
This whole thing with Lucina is getting to me. I mean, she has to be a newcomer because she got her own page and it even says newcomer on it, plus why would an alternate costume get one of those character reveal things like you just showed? But then, why is her character box not wider to show off she's a newcomer? Plus she's also a clone. I am so confused.
You answered your own question. She's a clone so she doesn't get the full newcomer treatment.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
But there is a Mechon Trophy and Sneaky Spirit Enemy in Smash Run.
Wait, wait, wait. There's a Mechon trophy? Where on earth did you see this?

Koopaul

Smash Champion
See folks? It's good to be skeptical like me. Never give in to leaks so easily.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Well all those people who were insulting others who did not believe the leak probably feel stupid now.
Whatever this means I can have more excitement over newcomer trailer. I still think shulk is in, not sure about choir boys though.

LegendaryFish

Smash Rookie
This. The guy posted a leak for a damn video game. You guys don't hate him, or want him to die, or feel anything to him. He's a guy on the internet discussing a video game. This is a community, as absolutely lame as that sounds. Smash Bros fans have notoriously bad and well earned reputations as it is. Let's not make ourselves look worse by being "outraged" or "hating" someone over something as petty as a leak.
Not nearly as bad as the Sonic community tho.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Some of Lucina's animations are different than Marth's, as noted by the one pic with her, Ike and Marth. She holds her sword back while they hold their sword forward. More likely she's Roy, mechanically.
Most likely just a minor adjustment, just like how she seems to have a different taunt/victory pose, as shown in the video @1:55

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

Man. Robin should really get that neck problem of his checked out. That's deeply concerning.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

Villager: Animal Crossing rep overdue
Mega Man: By far the most requested third party
WFT: Lucky Guess
Little Mac: Long overdue newcomer
Mii Fighter: Inevitable
Pac-Man: Namco worked on SSB4 and would complete the Big Mascot 4
Greninja: Not known yet but new Pokemon rep to diversify roster needed plus he had a cool design according to Sakurai, ¨Pokemon from X and Y¨ was a really safe vague guess
Palutena: Really popular and heavily requested character from KID ICARUS UPRISING

My take, I´m done with this leak, thank goodness it´s over
See? This is what rational thinking looks like.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
As a die-hard Gematsu/Sal leak believer I'll admit it, leaks dead. I'm not going to fall into confirmation bias and im not a stubborn person and i base my opinions on what the roster will be on facts and now gematsu has lost credibility with chrom being a final smash.

doesn't mean we cant have RH rep or Shulk in the game but it won't be because of that leak.

love robin/lucina and always thought those were better choices than chrom anyway, and now im super excited to be surprised by newcomers and continue to try and figure out the roster... the possibilities are once again endless and thats the BEST news here imo.

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
Not sure if posted but this is from Sal...

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=120963889

As I'm sure most of ya know, the leaker e-mailed me last night teasing Shulk.

He also e-mailed me again this morning saying Nintendo keeps a lot secret from Bandai Namco, and that Sakurai may change his mind as he does all the time, but that Shulk was 100%.

A quote: "I only know what has been done, not what or when they will be made available. Sakurai may change his mind, and he does all the time. Shulk will not be changed."

I've e-mailed him about the lack of Shulk, as well as the whole Chrom being a Final Smash thing. I'll update if I get a response.

Still finding it hard to believe. 8 for 11 is no easy task. I wonder what he has to say.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I don't think Gematsu is debunked. He already got Mega Man, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Mii Fighter, Little Mac, Palutena, and Greninja correct. He could've just seen briefly seen screencaptures from the game or maybe just brief gameplay footage and assumed Chrom was in instead of him just being in a final smash. And, besides, the game isn't out yet, so who knows if Chrom will truly be in or not. Maybe he's an alternate costume?! We don't know truly yet.

That could mean Shulk and/or the Chorus Men are assist trophies. Either way, I believe they will appear in the game in some shape, way, or form.

Chrom is still in the game, right? ;) Not debunked.
If you predict a newcomer and are flat-out wrong, your leak is dead.

Was the Wii Fit Trainer prediction based on legitimate inside information? Maybe. Can we trust anything out of the leak now that the leaker made a blunder as huge as incorrectly predicting a newcomer? Absolutely not.

So far, the leaker has missed or incorrectly predicted the following:
  • 6 reveals at E3 2013
  • Rosalina
  • Lucina
  • Robin
  • The specific pokemon from X&Y
  • Chrom
Regardless of whether some of the predictions are true, this guy's information just isn't reliable. You don't incorrectly predict a newcomer if you have reliable information, to say nothing of missing two others from the same series.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm fairly sure that Chorus Men and Shulk are still happening, but it's not because of the leak.

There's evidence to show interest in their series on Sakurai's watch and the ghost is already an enemy in Smash Run.

I'm just glad that we got rid of the weakest newcomer of that final 3 bunch.
There was a leak of either Marshal or a single chorus kid playing on the Balloon Fight stage a while back. It could just be that.
This is not as cute to me as all three, not nearly as cute. But it is possible.
And rhythm in general seems easier to capture with three.
But I'm hoping they are in.
And in fact do want shulk. Chrom was the sole representation of the Gematsu leak I thought was a terrible choice. Even Lucina I can tolerate (especially if she is in fact a skin/clone)

FalconSoup

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadowMetal
3DS FC
4511-0759-5924
Switch FC
SW 7216 6722 4029
After seeing that awesome trailer, I decided to look for a YouTube video or two to see some comments on people's reactions.
"Gematsu leak debunked. Now no one can say the chorus kids will get in. They wouldn't have anyway."
"Robin better not replace Ness"
"Well, this trailer spoiled the game for me :/"
"You guys are literally ********. CHROM IS A SKIN FOR LUCINA"
"Y u no give me shulk im sad now so I'm gonna go cry until I drown. :'("
Never change, YouTube commenters. Never change.

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
My that was quite the surprise! I guessed Shulk or Chrom so I guess I was sort of right? :awesome:

I feel people are getting a bit too heated about the whole Gematsu thing. Relax guys! This isn't a holy war! If the leak is true then neat we got some info! If it's wrong, oh well someone is pretty good at guessing. No need for such vitriol, let's keep it respectful. :D

Anyway, I enjoyed this just because I didn't see it coming at all! I was fully ready for Shulk, but looks like Sakurai pulls the rug out from under us again. Really glad to see Falcon's glorious return, he's looking manly as ever. Embarrass Robin looks very interesting, I'm curious how his tomes will work. Lucina looks to be a Marth clone (it would seem :roymelee: is no longer our boy :urg:), but that's cool. I've never minded clones much. Should be interesting to see if Marth mains stick with him or move to Lucina.

As for the Gematsu rumor... well I was pretty convinced it was true, but now... all I can say is even if it is true it would seem it's not quite as infallible as we thought. Bring on the surprises I say! :colorful:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom