• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Shulk was clearly the most hyped and Sakurai dropped a bombshell pretty much declaring Shulk not being in the game and something worse happened to Chrom.
Shulk still has a chance. We still got a few characters that need to be confirmed.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Just to be fair, Sal wasn't wrong. His leaker was. I think that's what people are taking issue with and why they're taking it personally. Sal is just the messenger, but since we don't know who the person is with actual information, people blame Sal and accuse him. Some of us don't think that's very fair.
Sal runs a pretty successfull website, so when he puts his stock into a trusted source, it IS fair to call Sal wrong. Sal is responsible for the information he posts, regardless of whether or not it comes from him.

This happens all the time in journalism. That's why there is a pretty safe "2 source" rule for reporting.

Booster

Smash Lord
Shulk still has a chance. We still got a few characters that need to be confirmed.
Today made me realize he has no chance, he was in a game that was a cult classic at best and as much as I enjoyed Xenoblade...it's true it's just a cult classic.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Just to play devil's advocate here, it might be because it's never been all that popular in the states and has consistently failed to meet sales expectations. To my knowledge, Awakening was the first Fire Emblem game to even break 1million sales (something that happens over one weekend for most every AAA title now), and effectively saved the franchise from being discontinued due to a lack of popularity in the form of dollars. It doesn't matter how much of a cult following you have; if you don't sell, you don't get represented.

Awakening's success definitely had a lot to do with these four reps being in. Since Awakening wasn't out before the other Smash games, I actually think it's fairly obvious why no game in the series had yet to give FE four reps before now.
Thanks for the info. Ive only ever played Awakening, so Im guilty when it comes to not knowing a lot about Fire Emblem....

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Shulk was clearly the most hyped and Sakurai dropped a bombshell pretty much declaring Shulk not being in the game and something worse happened to Chrom.
...Shulk not being in the game?
Just because the leak is all but debunked doesn't mean the characters involved, besides Chrom, aren't going to happen.
I think Shulk has a chance based on his own merit, not because of some silly leak.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Today made me realize he has no chance, he was in a game that was a cult classic at best and as much as I enjoyed Xenoblade...it's true it's just a cult classic.
No chance? Little Mac made it in out of sheer popularity. Xenoblade is getting a SEQUEL. It has been a series for a while now. Don't lose faith.

#REYNTIME

Last edited:

Contact

Smash Rookie
Just to be fair, Sal wasn't wrong. His leaker was. I think that's what people are taking issue with and why they're taking it personally. Sal is just the messenger, but since we don't know who the person is with actual information, people blame Sal and accuse him. Some of us don't think that's very fair.
I actually really enjoyed reading your posts, even though I don't necessarily agree with you here. I definitely wouldn't lump you in with some of the others that have gone over the line.

That being said, I don't believe Sal is a messenger for somebody else. Edit - and I might be more excited for Pacman than any newcomer on the roster, will never understand the hate on this site.

Last edited:

Booster

Smash Lord
No chance? Little Mac made it in out of sheer popularity. Xenoblade is getting a SEQUEL. It has been a series for a while now. Don't lose faith.

#REYNTIME
Good point, Punch Out is a cult classic series as well, some people don't even know about the Wii game it's so obscure

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Question to all
If you believe in the leak, what would it take for you not to believe in the leak?
If you do not believe in the leak, what would it take for you to believe in the leak?

It seems that since the fence has been built there is not much that can be done to sway a stubborn person from either side. No amount of evidence will stack up. In favor or not in favor.

I want to point out that, even if every character he listed were to be in the game, it would not make the leak true, it would just mean all the characters were in the game. A leak is by definition from a source, and we obviously have no way of knowing this.
If we are going to be as extreme as to claim that incorrectly stating reveal times (Shulk, Pacman, Palutena, Mii, Little Mac), specifically getting character names wrong (Animal Crossing Rep, Goddess Palutena, Pokemon X/Y, getting character cuts vague (Chrom, Lucas or Ness, and missing characters flat out (Rosalina, Robin, Lucina)- then ultimately what did he do? He made a list that had Wii fit trainer included.

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Good point, Punch Out is a cult classic series as well, some people don't even know about the Wii game it's so obscure
Hell yeah dude. We ain't giving up over some stupid leak or Chrom being disconfirmed. This is only the beginning to the end of a list of great characters and I am almost certain that Shulk will come in.

#ReynTime

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
If a playable boss mode is announced before the Wii U version comes out, then I'll believe it. That guy leaked that you could play as 5 playable bosses (with the Wii U tablet with everyone else on other controllers). Guessing Lucina / Marshall over Chrom / Chorus Kids isn't that great.
He also added that Miss Ribbon is a female alt for Marshal, hence the 'chorus kids'.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
That new leaker Garfield guy has some credibilty but his childish behavior is offputting... I don't know what else to say about that.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Since we're all arguing about Gematsu, it might be worth unlocking that thread now that we have a healthy debate to have there that actually pertains to the leak (and not just a Wolf v Lucas debate).

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Sal runs a pretty successfull website, so when he puts his stock into a trusted source, it IS fair to call Sal wrong. Sal is responsible for the information he posts, regardless of whether or not it comes from him.

This happens all the time in journalism. That's why there is a pretty safe "2 source" rule for reporting.
I suppose I can understand that. Still, I don't blame Sal for the wrong info. I know he's the one who reported it, but if you were in his shoes and received that information on Sunday, wouldn't you have reported it as well given all the other leaks up to this point?

I actually really enjoyed reading your posts, even though I don't necessarily agree with you here. I definitely wouldn't lump you in with some of the others that have gone over the line.

That being said, I don't believe Sal is a messenger for somebody else. Edit - and I might be more excited for Pacman than any newcomer on the roster, will never understand the hate on this site.
Thanks. It's never my intention to get people to only agree with my viewpoints. If I can get someone to maybe open up and see things from a different point of view, that makes me happy. It's when someone refuses to try looking at something from all angles that I get annoyed. And yes, Pac-Man is a gaming legend, and I'm always glad to see another Pac-Man supporter. :D

Huh. Maybe this guy's onto something. Honestly, I've been expecting the Rhythm Heaven rep to be Marshall and not Chorus Men anyway. Everyone keeps thinking about all three of them as a team, and while that could work, I think they'd rather just go with one single character with Marshall.

That said, I think this person nailed it on the head. We've discussed several times how Sal's leaker can't seem to identify characters. Animal Crossing guy, Pokemon from X and Y, and now saying Chrom instead of Lucina. So while, in the broadest sense, he's been right about the characters being in the game, it's always been debated highly because of inaccuracy. Maybe this Garfield64 person should be our new source of inside info. :p

Dracometeor

Smash Apprentice
Ummm, you can black that out with MSPaint.

BTW, I'm treating Sal fairly. This is the same thing anyone does to other "leaks." Sal isn't different.
Lol.... you still don't realize how easy it is to fake an email without the email addresses... Like it would prove NOTHING if Sal posted a random email with blacked out email addresses, no matter what the content says....

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
I suppose I can understand that. Still, I don't blame Sal for the wrong info. I know he's the one who reported it, but if you were in his shoes and received that information on Sunday, wouldn't you have reported it as well given all the other leaks up to this point?
Hindsight is 20/20, but if I were in his shoes, I definitely would have pushed the source for more info or proof of any means. If I had a relationship with the source, I'd ask for picture evidence and promise it be off the record and to only post text. If it was just a random sending those 6 E3 characters, I'd be skeptical and press.

Lol.... you still don't realize how easy it is to fake an email without the email addresses... Like it would prove NOTHING if Sal posted a random email with blacked out email addresses, no matter what the content says....
This. Create an alt ymail account, e-mail it to your gmail, and have a convo with yourself. Easy peasy.

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Hindsight is 20/20, but if I were in his shoes, I definitely would have pushed the source for more info or proof of any means. If I had a relationship with the source, I'd ask for picture evidence and promise it be off the record and to only post text. If it was just a random sending those 6 E3 characters, I'd be skeptical and press.
True, but Sal has said before that he's tried to contact the leaker and get more info out of him/her, but they respond on their own terms, not on his. He doesn't get information when he requests it. He just gets information when it's given to him.

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
So did anyone notice that high tech sound in the trailer at 2:23 - 2:24? Anyone think it's a hint at who could be next?

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Huh. Maybe this guy's onto something. Honestly, I've been expecting the Rhythm Heaven rep to be Marshall and not Chorus Men anyway. Everyone keeps thinking about all three of them as a team, and while that could work, I think they'd rather just go with one single character with Marshall.

That said, I think this person nailed it on the head. We've discussed several times how Sal's leaker can't seem to identify characters. Animal Crossing guy, Pokemon from X and Y, and now saying Chrom instead of Lucina. So while, in the broadest sense, he's been right about the characters being in the game, it's always been debated highly because of inaccuracy. Maybe this Garfield64 person should be our new source of inside info. :p
I don't care what anyone says, I'm always down for keeping up with leakers. Their shenanigans are not really disappointing to me because they always give me cool ideas. I never really get 100% into it but when they turn out to be right, it's kind of cool and fun in a strange leaky way. Y'know what I'm trying to say?

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Question to all
If you believe in the leak, what would it take for you not to believe in the leak?
If you do not believe in the leak, what would it take for you to believe in the leak?

It seems that since the fence has been built there is not much that can be done to sway a stubborn person from either side. No amount of evidence will stack up. In favor or not in favor.

I want to point out that, even if every character he listed were to be in the game, it would not make the leak true, it would just mean all the characters were in the game. A leak is by definition from a source, and we obviously have no way of knowing this.
If we are going to be as extreme as to claim that incorrectly stating reveal times (Shulk, Pacman, Palutena, Mii, Little Mac), specifically getting character names wrong (Animal Crossing Rep, Goddess Palutena, Pokemon X/Y, getting character cuts vague (Chrom, Lucas or Ness, and missing characters flat out (Rosalina, Robin, Lucina)- then ultimately what did he do? He made a list that had Wii fit trainer included.
If Shulk or Chorus Men got deconfirmed I would not believe in the leak. I think Chrom was intended early in development but was cut in favor of Lucina. But I can't understand how those two could possibly be screwed up.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
well so far we've gotten plenty of newcomers, but has everyone noticed how we still haven't gotten any villain newcomers? seriously whats up with that?

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I just watched the GameXplain analysis of the trailer and then, for some ungodly reason, read the comments. People are STILL thinking that for some reason Lucina is just an alternate costume for Marth (oh, and apparently Sakurai is the only coder on the team). Gah! People, why must you be so blind to thing that may not fit with your own desires?

Watch Lucina become top tier like OldMarth and leave everyone grumbling.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
I just watched the GameXplain analysis of the trailer and then, for some ungodly reason, read the comments. People are STILL thinking that for some reason Lucina is just an alternate costume for Marth (oh, and apparently Sakurai is the only coder on the team). Gah! People, why must you be so blind to thing that may not fit with your own desires?

Watch Lucina become top tier like OldMarth and leave everyone grumbling.
The salt will be legendary.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I love how Sakurai addresses what every one said about FE reps today.

''NO MORE SWORDSMEN ONLY"
''CAN WE GET A FEMALE FIRE EMBLEM REP?"

Everyone? Still *******.

Man listens? We hate him.
Man doesn't listen? We hate him.

Dude, just can't win.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
He said that Robin is not just an ordinary Swordsman.
He said that Robin ... I will edit the quote later, but will have his shot later. 'no he will have it now.'
He said Lucina awakens her blade ?!

I'm not convinced Lucina is not a skin, and that Chrom is not another skin. Just stating.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Lucina is not a skin. Jesus, people. Newcomer. Newcomer. It's all over the website. How many people have to post pictures before everyone believes this?

chrisall76

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chrisall76
3DS FC
2921-9185-8763
Go on the smash website and click on Lucina. She's a newcomer.
The !? was probably referencing how everyone probably though Chrom or someone else was going to make it in,
and how people where surprised at her making it.

Omniomega

Smash Apprentice
Ok I think this thread has served its purpose.

I suppose someone should lock it.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Good gawd
upload_2014-7-14_23-36-59.png

upload_2014-7-14_23-38-13.png

upload_2014-7-14_23-39-3.png

Not sure where people got the idea that Lucina was an alt skin, but heres a ton of stuff on the official website calling her a Newcomer....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom