• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dracometeor

Smash Apprentice
Apparently Mii, WFT, Robin, and Mii all make up 3 characters of 36, but okay, you make a lot of sense.

And whoever said I was mad about there being Melee clones, I was not. I was completely fine about it at the time because it was only the second installment and I didn't expect huge improvements from the series, since I enjoyed SSB64 because it was simple and a fun fighting game. But what makes me upset is that Sakurai clearly stated this time around that he wanted to introduce newcomers into this game who would bring something new to the table. WTF does Lucina bring new to the table? Nothing. She is wasted potential and Chrom should've been in because imagine how awkward it would look if he was a copy of Marth or Ike. It's almost like Chrom would have to be different since he shares less similarities with Marth than Lucina does. Looking back, Melee would have been a perfect game without clones, because the roster was fine, since it didn't have generic avatar characters. It consisted of true nintendo all stars, who all appeared as fighters. Brawl also had a good roster, and it had less clones than Melee, which is an improvement. But this game on the other hand looks like it could surpass Brawl's clone count, which is sad. Brawl had Toon Link (as a full clone), and Lucas, Wolf, Falco, and Ganondorf (as semi clones). SSB4 could possibly have dark pit, which would mean there is 3 full clones. :(

I honestly thought Sakurai was trying to fix the clone problem, and not reintroduce it.
LOL oh my. Too bad we only have Toon Link as a full clone. Have you seen Lucina's full moveset? I don't think so. And to assume Dark Pit (if added) would have the same moveset is absurd. Especially since you only consider Ganondorf as a semi clone... where as he has very few differences from Captain Falcon. I stand by my previous statement.

Hey, Does Robin have a clear and evident identity? He may be unique but he doesn't have a true identity, so he is in the same category as the other avatar characters.
I mean in his game he does... He acts as the typical advisor for the Protaganists. HE IS NOT A MII. He has customization but that is all. You really need to get over yourself and deal with your dream newcomer not being revealed today. This is just sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno, I have this weird feeling about Chrom. I feel like he could still be a character in the game. Robin can have a final smash featuring Chrom, and Chrom could have a final smash featuring Robin. It would pay homage to the tag feature in Fire Emblem: Awakening. It's a hunch, what but amazing amphirose said made sense. And technically, he did only reveal one new character today.

Even if that isn't the case, I'm fine with this. People are trippin' about clones when some clones like Fox and Falco have massively different styles in Melee, this could also be paying homage to people who want a new twist on a character they like. I think it's pretty dope.

D

Deleted member

I dunno, I have this weird feeling about Chrom. I feel like he could still be a character in the game. Robin can have a final smash featuring Chrom, and Chrom could have a final smash featuring Robin. It would pay homage to the tag feature in Fire Emblem: Awakening. It's a hunch, what but amazing amphirose said made sense. And technically, he did only reveal one new character today.

Even if that isn't the case, I'm fine with this. People are trippin' about clones when some clones like Fox and Falco have massively different styles in Melee, this could also be paying homage to people who want a new twist on a character they like. I think it's pretty dope.

PingPongCop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bottlecapn
3DS FC
2938-8474-3044
Starting point: technically, all characters are avatar characters.

Next.
Pokemon Trainer is hands down the best character in Brawl. No character will ever merit the same surprise factor nor excitement, nor as much deserving credit, being the star of the actual games. Sure, should have been called Red, but that is besides the point. Obviously this is just my opinion, as is yours, but it does not mean avatar characters are generic.

Also.... since when is Villager not an avatar character, this thread seems to be discussing him as if he is not one.
Whoa. Pokemon Trainer was the most hyped? I think not.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Has it occurred to anyone that since Marth was reportedly slowed down a bit, and now we may have a new Marth clone in Lucina, perhaps Marth now plays more similarly to Roy used to in Melee, and Lucina plays like the classic quick Marth we were accustomed to?

Food for thought. :D

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Whoa. Pokemon Trainer was the most hyped? I think not.
Some people grew upset about the fatigue element, but majority were stunned and quite into giving plaudits for this truly shocking idea, and for the nostalgic representation of the character.
Plaudits, shock, nostalgia.
Sonic, Zero Suit, Sonic, Wario, Dedede, Sonic, Snake, Metaknight... some came close on a few factors. Maybe others' opinions are that they surpassed. My opinion is that they did not (particularly if I weigh the neighsayers into all sides as well).

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Even if we got both Shulk and Chorus Men, the leak is already false because Chrom's not playable, and it was incomplete anyway because we've already had 3 characters absent from the leak..
Hate to break it to people, but the leaks were false the first time when they said at e3 2013 we would get Little Mac, Palutena, and Mii.

eek double post :( I've just been assuming there'd be posts between the minutes it takes me to find new comments I must make

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
All I can say is, the hype lives on. The hype, the speculation, the surprise, it's still here.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'ma go mourn for Anna some more.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It's still 4 ****ing slots. FE does not deserve 4 ****ing slots.
I think many Fire Emblem fans would disagree. (I've never personally played Fire Emblem; I'm just saying.)

Plus, like Pokemon, Fire Emblem lends itself to more roster spots due to its large cast of characters. While, for example, Metroid only really has three recurring main characters and a few others that have appeared from time to time, Fire Emblem has a ****load. It may not be as popular in the States or have sold as well as other franchises by a long shot but it still has a passionate following and a very large cast from which to pick.

I'm pretty neutral since I won't be using any of them, but my little brother was bouncing off the walls. His main was Falcon in past games, and Fire Emblem is probably his single favorite Nintendo franchise. He'd been begging for Lucina (and doesn't like Ike). It's all a matter of perspective, man.

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
Awesome reveal !
What have we learnt ? :
That Gematsu leak is fake or incomplete and that Sakurai will always be unpredictable

What does that means ?
He is doing fan service, it leads hopes for Ridley (new pyrosphere scenes and yet no hazard shown) for K.Roll and Mewtwo since Sakurai doesn't care about how many slots characters should gets, and there should be room for more than 51 characters !

I'm still confuse if Chrom is a Final Smash or a secret character (as GW who was also teased)
Lucina is obviously a Marth alternate skin or the first ever real clone (i think she may take her own slot in the CSS)
Robin is a new FE character with a unique moveset
I have that optimist feeling that every high requested characters will make in (unlockable ?)
It's obvious Sakurai put all his work in puting the most characters possible with still creating new movesets
It's gonna be the perfect roster in Smash history
Seriously this trailer is the best thing ever

For the Gematsu leak, it's obviously a very lucky guess that survived among the tons of other rumors
It survived two times, guessed some unpredictable characters, but with that huge number of leak it's not surprising, after he saw people believe in him he played the game and continued on safe guesses (a major part of this leak is easy to predict)
He messed up severals times about who would get reveal in which moment, yet people still believe it, it's ok, but with that trailer and the fact he predicted shulk, i guess it's another mistake that makes that leak dead.

Captain Falcon is more fabulous than ever by the way !

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Wow, salt guys. I can put this stuff on my freaking food. Whats in that cup? The tears of the poor souls who are still crying over Lucina. Ill be enjoying a sip, thank you.

Fire Emblem has a vast variety of characters and as to why it hasnt had 4 characters in Smash before baffles me. However, if Lucina really is a semi-clone/clone of Marth, than we might have just lost a unique character. However, Ill keep my mouth shut, because Lucina was a pretty cool reveal in the end.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I would have preferred Anna to Lucina as well- but this seems to have been the more probable outcome, by logical standards of which I am okay with. It settles fine with me, and honestly, Anna is in most games (I think), her chances only rise.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Wow, salt guys. I can put this stuff on my freaking food. Whats in that cup? The tears of the poor souls who are still crying over Lucina. Ill be enjoying a sip, thank you.

Fire Emblem has a vast variety of characters and as to why it hasnt had 4 characters in Smash before baffles me. However, if Lucina really is a semi-clone/clone of Marth, than we might have just lost a unique character. However, Ill keep my mouth shut, because Lucina was a pretty cool reveal in the end.
Just to play devil's advocate here, it might be because it's never been all that popular in the states and has consistently failed to meet sales expectations. To my knowledge, Awakening was the first Fire Emblem game to even break 1million sales (something that happens over one weekend for most every AAA title now), and effectively saved the franchise from being discontinued due to a lack of popularity in the form of dollars. It doesn't matter how much of a cult following you have; if you don't sell, you don't get represented.

Awakening's success definitely had a lot to do with these four reps being in. Since Awakening wasn't out before the other Smash games, I actually think it's fairly obvious why no game in the series had yet to give FE four reps before now.

Dracometeor

Smash Apprentice
I would have preferred Anna to Lucina as well- but this seems to have been the more probable outcome, by logical standards of which I am okay with. It settles fine with me, and honestly, Anna is in most games (I think), her chances only rise.
I mean I would have rather had a Laguz or the Dragon equivalent. I think it would have been amazing to play as King Caineghis or his son Skrimir. Even Naesala or Tibarn would have been amazing (although much less likely). But oh well. I guess I'll just have to hope for a Fire Emblem game on Wii U to come out right before the next Smash.

However Lucina is still cool, as long as she has different stats and playstyle then marth I'm cool with her.

Dracometeor

Smash Apprentice
Just to play devil's advocate here, it might be because it's never been all that popular in the states and has consistently failed to meet sales expectations. To my knowledge, Awakening was the first Fire Emblem game to even break 1million sales (something that happens over one weekend for most every AAA title now), and effectively saved the franchise from being discontinued due to a lack of popularity in the form of dollars. It doesn't matter how much of a cult following you have; if you don't sell, you don't get represented.

Awakening's success definitely had a lot to do with these four reps being in. Since Awakening wasn't out before the other Smash games, I actually think it's fairly obvious why no game in the series had yet to give FE four reps before now.
Time to start ordering a thousand copies of each new Fire Emblem game :/

Or I can just buy them and then never let them stop making me games! :D

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I find it amusing that everyone was all on for Roy, one of the clones who cloned the most that could ever be cloned to come back and now it looks like Marth is Roy and Lucina is Marth and somehow that's just not okay.

Typical Smashboards.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Eh, that's easy to say if it were Wii Fit Trainer alone. But getting none wrong out of the 11, outside of today that is, is a whole different beast.
That doesn't matter because you got one wrong. So everything is thrown into question.
I'm only telling you what I was told..
There is no "told."You made the information up. "B-but I have e-mails." That's great. Where are the e-mails.

He's the thing. You have wrong information. You said Chrom was going to be in Smash and Nintendo confirmed he isn't. If this is false, then you is to say you have any information or you've even been conversing with someone. The only one who has seen these e-mails is you. They likely don't exist. If you want to prove that you had e-mails and we're just making it up, screencap the e-mails and show they were real. Otherwise, this is "My dad works at Nintendo. Seriously guyz."

Shroob

Sup?
That doesn't matter because you got one wrong. So everything is thrown into question.

There is no "told."You made the information up. "B-but I have e-mails." That's great. Where are the e-mails.

He's the thing. You have wrong information. You said Chrom was going to be in Smash and Nintendo confirmed he isn't. If this is false, then you is to say you have any information or you've even been conversing with someone. The only one who has seen these e-mails is you. They likely don't exist. If you want to prove that you had e-mails and we're just making it up, screencap the e-mails and show they were real. Otherwise, this is "My dad works at Nintendo. Seriously guyz."
Smashchu being the A-class jerk he is, I see.

Dracometeor

Smash Apprentice

So you want Sal to give you his email address to get spammed? And his leaker's email address alias so that you can spam it too? Or do you want a screenshot of a blank email with a few sentences that he could write himself? Seriously if you want to be a **** to Sal at least be logical. He definitely doesn't deserve your hate though. Did he personally attack you? No? Then shut the **** up and get on with your life. This is pathetic. I thought this community was better then this.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Sal, please just know that not all of us on this forum are gigantic morons who get off on hate speech towards other users.

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
So you want Sal to give you his email address to get spammed? And his leaker's email address alias so that you can spam it too? Or do you want a screenshot of a blank email with a few sentences that he could write himself? Seriously if you want to be a **** to Sal at least be logical. He definitely doesn't deserve your hate though. Did he personally attack you? No? Then shut the **** up and get on with your life. This is pathetic. I thought this community was better then this.
Ummm, you can black that out with MSPaint.

BTW, I'm treating Sal fairly. This is the same thing anyone does to other "leaks." Sal isn't different.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

BTW, I'm treating Sal fairly. This is the same thing anyone does to other "leaks." Sal isn't different.
Fairly? You're accusing him of making stuff up to his face. The mods have already said to not jump down Sal's throat, and this isn't the rumors and leak thread to debate and debunk leaks.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

Except you're accusing Sal, you're straight up questioning him as if he's the one responsible for all of this. It's long been known he's the face behind someone else.

It's a total **** move to take your anger out on him.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Guys don't start another flame war where one isn't needed. There is nothing particularly wrong with what SmashChu is arguing.

If you disagree with what he is saying then state so as to why in a friendly manner instead of calling someone a jerk or moron.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
If you're a jerk in this thread, you'll end up like Chrom:

All jokes aside: We really need to chill about the Gematsu Leak and stop putting the blame on Sal. He's a messenger, nothing more, nothing less. We're insulting the poor man and we should be mature enough to not do things like that. We're better than that, or at least I hope we are.

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
You know, Chrom may have been intended to be playable but was cut early on in development in favor of the new 2 you guys. Ever think of that? We know Sal's leaker has really old info. anyway, from the period of time Greninja wasn't even named yet.

And can we stop being asses to those who believe the Sal leak and to those who don't? Jesus Christ, let people believe what they want to believe.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Guys don't start another flame war where one isn't needed. There is nothing particularly wrong with what SmashChu is arguing.

If you disagree with what he is saying then state so as to why in a friendly manner instead of calling someone a jerk or moron.
There's nothing particular wrong with accusing other Smashboards users of negative actions? Seriously?

.....Seriously?

Granted, we probably could word ourselves better to him, but ever heard of expect to be treated the way you treat others? It's not like SmashChu is known for being the nicest guy around these parts.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces

You are right, but he should be doing the same thing to sal, otherwise it's a double standard.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
There's nothing particular wrong with accusing other Smashboards users of negative actions? Seriously?

.....Seriously?

Granted, we probably could word ourselves better to him, but ever heard of expect to be treated the way you treat others? It's not like SmashChu is known for being the nicest guy around these parts.
You are right, but he should be doing the same thing to sal, otherwise it's a double standard.
If you have an issue with a certain user then use the Ignore Function that SWF provides. Otherwise please PM one of us mods or contact Forum Support.

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
Hey, has anyone noticed that at 2:23- 2:24 in the new challenger video that a high tech sound plays? Anyone know what it is? It sounds like it could be out of metroid. I've never played xenoblade but doesn't that game have high tech robots? It could be that at well.

Aogami

Smash Cadet
To break up the pace of salt flying around, I didn't notice this until Gamexplain pointed out but did anyone else notice that the flames on eruption were changed to blue to match closer to Radiant Dawn and Ike's name of Hero of blue flames?

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314

No, you're not treating him fairly. You'll never be satisfied, because even if he did provide you with screenshots of the emails with the address blacked out, you'd just accuse him of making the emails up. All that stuff can be edited on a computer screen, right? Unless Sal gives you his email address, password, and lets you access his account and see the emails yourself, you're never going to believe him.

It's okay to not believe the leak, especially since today is the first time information released by the leaker has been downright wrong, but to accuse Sal of making all of this up for attention is just spiteful. And even if Sal did make everything up, heck, I want the guy to pick my lottery numbers next time I play. Getting 8 out of 11 correct is still pretty dang good for just "making it up."

And just to point out that nobody's perfect, SmashChu, you're the same person I had multiple arguments with about Pac-Man in the Pac-Man support thread. You stated, with fevered sincerity, on several occasions, that Pac-Man did not deserve nor had any chance of being in Smash Bros. And look what happened. We all get things wrong here and there, don't we?

To @salromano, I hope you've found some sensible people after today. Many people have been upset by this leak for a plethora of reasons, none of which are your fault, but they like to throw the blame at you anyway. Not everyone is that way, and I personally would like to thank you for being sensible over this past year and sharing with us the information you've received.

Last edited:

Contact

Smash Rookie

.....Seriously?

You guys are way out of line with your wording, there was nothing wrong with his posts. Sal isn't above being questioned, he was wrong. There are ways to verify or prove yourself. You are taking this way too personal.

There's an old saying.. Those who know don't tell and those who tell don't know.

Signed, an unbiased observer.

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
You guys are way out of line with your wording, there was nothing wrong with his posts. Sal isn't above being questioned, he was wrong. There are ways to verify or prove yourself. You are taking this way too personal.

There's an old saying.. Those who know don't tell and those who tell don't know.

Just to be fair, Sal wasn't wrong. His leaker was. I think that's what people are taking issue with and why they're taking it personally. Sal is just the messenger, but since we don't know who the person is with actual information, people blame Sal and accuse him. Some of us don't think that's very fair.

D

Deleted member

Again, it wasn't sal who was wrong, it was his source, he was simply telling us what he himself was being told. Don't shoot the messenger, as they say.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What is he supposed to do? Interview his source? :troll:

At least he isn't being a completely awful human being to Sal like some of you other people. Talking to the people who straight up cursed him out and told him they hate him. That was just rude of you guys.

I agree that Sal isn't the one to be attacked but his SmashChu's interrogation methods are the least of what's wrong with the people giving Sal a hard time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom