• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I personally feel that there will be 2 to 3 newcomers that won't be announced and will be secret. Sakurai may like hype but just think of the surprise people will get if they unlock Ridley after thinking he wasn't in due to his lack of a formal announcement. Sakurai has yet to put this Ridley thing to rest, personally I just wish he'd show him if he's a boss already and stop stringing the Ridley fans along.....

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
To be fair, the same thing happened with Little Mac... we just didn't expect it because everyone assumed we were getting Diddy and Dixie.
True, and in that instance I thought Little Macs reveal was very clever.

I am intrigued by Sakurai's phrasing in his miiverse post more than anything, being that we're reaching the bottom of the stash for newcomer videos... That suggests that one, there are newcomers without reveals, and two, that there is nothing in the post to suggest that a veteran won't be included in the reveal - so I'll keep my hopes up!

Novaka

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4613-8213-0086
So everyone is of the general consensus that its going to be a newcomer for sure? I think it is very likely going to be one but I don't think it's out of the question that it COULD be a veteran, or even a couple veterans. I'd like to see Mewtwo back, personally. Trailer could show off Mega Evolutions and stuffs.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So everyone is of the general consensus that its going to be a newcomer for sure? I think it is very likely going to be one but I don't think it's out of the question that it COULD be a veteran, or even a couple veterans. I'd like to see Mewtwo back, personally. Trailer could show off Mega Evolutions and stuffs.
It won't be a veteran, Sakurai has explicitly stated it will be a newcomer

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I'm still hoping for Ridley this Monday (and yes, it can happen. And no, Ridley has not been confirmed hazard. Only thing congirmed is that he appears in the game).

But I do expect Shulk. Nothing against Shulk, I'm sure he'll be awesome. But, I want some bad guys. We have none new one yet.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
^ They spelled 3 Hours wrong.

Anywho, I am very curious about WHY Sakurai feels the need to show a newcomer this soon. In a way never done Before. I know he really likes Xenoblade, so that might be it if it s Shulk, but... still.

Anyways, I do hope the trailer will have a veteran or so as well. If it's Shulk, I can see him battle Ganondorf. ^^

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Ooh, a character reveal. This is gonna be fun. I am probably gonna guess Shulk, but if he throws a curveball, how about King K Rool. Besides, I see abit lack of villains on the roster currently. Other than that, I am just gonna wait and see.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Though Shulk seem to be very possible, I cannot see why he should get so much attention compared to the rest. A big streaming announcement for a new character, with a video that will ast for 3 whole minutes? It has to be an important character. And out of all characters there are, I don't see why Shulk out of all should get this award?
Maybe....Sakurai is just bias towards him? Maybe Shulk is a big favourite? Maybe Sakurai is confident that somebody waving about a freakin huge robot slaying laser sword is going to be hype regardless of whether you know him or not?

It could also be because Shulk is incredibly popular in Japan. It should also be considered that this reveal isn't occurring during E3 or even a direct. This newcomer reveal is for smash fans, it's for the gamers, for the people most likely to recognise a character like Shulk.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
If the leaker would say something more Before this reveal, it better be about Ridley being shown soon~

D

Deleted member 245254

I, for one, definitely hope we don't. Speculating is one of the funnest parts before any Smash Bros. game is released.
The speculation phase of Smash 4 has been one of the most divisive and miserable experiences of the process in its release. The sooner it's all out on the table the better, actually.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
The speculation phase of Smash 4 has been one of the most divisive and miserable experiences of the process in its release. The sooner it's all out on the table the better, actually.
Haha, alright yes it hasn't been the best. I still don't want to know everything about a game, or about a Newcomer Video that lies in wait 2 days from now. I like to speculate, even if it isn't fun to other people. Speculating with someone face-to-face has to be my favorite, though.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
^ They spelled 3 Hours wrong.

Anywho, I am very curious about WHY Sakurai feels the need to show a newcomer this soon. In a way never done Before. I know he really likes Xenoblade, so that might be it if it s Shulk, but... still.

Anyways, I do hope the trailer will have a veteran or so as well. If it's Shulk, I can see him battle Ganondorf. ^^
i think its being done this way because they want to get all the trailers they have made out before the 3ds version comes out and they only have one direct left(?) before then so by doing it this way they can

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Shulk, Chrom etc yeah all great. They can come later.

Also, there may be only a few New Challengers to be revealed, before launch... which also doesn't de-confirm that there will still be some left that are locked in the game for surprise purposes. So they wouldn't get their videos.

Just reveal Dixie Kong or Krystal now so I can relax. I love all the newcomers so far, but Dixie and/or Krystal have been needed for a long time now. Assist Trophy status they are NOT. Wolf needs to be replaced baaaaaaaaad.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
i think its being done this way because they want to get all the trailers they have made out before the 3ds version comes out and they only have one direct left(?) before then so by doing it this way they can
That is possible. Maybe Sakurai wants to quickly show them all so that leakers won't have a chance to.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I do wonder if the gematsu leaker only had access to newcomer trailers. (The "stash") If we get trailer reveals for Shulk, Chrom and Chorus Men in the coming months before release it could point to that theory being true.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Welcome to Smashboards, where opinions may possibly kill you. Also, watch out for Bigness, random Hype Gifs, and other unnecessary bad jokes that may come your way. Enjoy yourself!
Still 10X better than GameFaqs.

I'm really conflicted now. I might be sounding like a broken record, but while Shulk is one of my most wanted newcomers, having him as a surprise reveal would be infinitely better than expecting him. I just want to be surprised.

Why did the retweet ever happen? Were they thinking they'd be sneaky and unnoticeable? Here's hoping some more people retweet it so we can have the reveal be more mysterious.

Anyways, even if they don't I'm massively hyped for Shulk.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Still 10X better than GameFaqs.

I'm really conflicted now. I might be sounding like a broken record, but while Shulk is one of my most wanted newcomers, having him as a surprise reveal would be infinitely better than expecting him. I just want to be surprised.

Why did the retweet ever happen? Were they thinking they'd be sneaky and unnoticeable? Here's hoping some more people retweet it so we can have the reveal be more mysterious.

Anyways, even if they don't I'm massively hyped for Shulk.
I feel like even though I'm expecting Shulk on Monday, nothing will prepare me for actually seeing him in the game and acknowledging that he's a playable character.

It'll be like being run over by the hype train on Monday, regardless of whether I expect him or not.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
I find it very funny that we're overanalysing here, too.

Here, I'm gonna try it.

Sakurai said it'll be a new challenger. He also said it would be a mystery fighter.
Mystery is defined as "something that is difficult or impossible to understand or explain".
So, no-one knows the identity of this newcomer to be revealed on Monday.
No-one knows the identity of this character, either.

Tuxedo Mask confirmed for Smash 4!

Really though, discounting Gematsu, which I am more than happy to do, we really have no information to go on. So for now, I'm just going to wait and see, because any speculation and "sure bets" this weekend is just speculation and guessing.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
^ Agreed in full.

No info other than a still debated leak... which has been proven right in some cases... but once again, Sal's never had info of anything outside of E3, so we'll see what happens.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Shulk, Chrom etc yeah all great. They can come later.

Also, there may be only a few New Challengers to be revealed, before launch... which also doesn't de-confirm that there will still be some left that are locked in the game for surprise purposes. So they wouldn't get their videos.

Just reveal Dixie Kong or Krystal now so I can relax. I love all the newcomers so far, but Dixie and/or Krystal have been needed for a long time now. Assist Trophy status they are NOT. Wolf needs to be replaced baaaaaaaaad.
Not happening. The Japanese fanbase despises Krystal. It would be like if Tingle was included in the North American release.

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Not happening. The Japanese fanbase despises Krystal. It would be like if Tingle was included in the North American release.
Happening! Tingle would be worldwide release. Everybody loves Tingle deep down.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
^ Agreed in full.

No info other than a still debated leak... which has been proven right in some cases... but once again, Sal's never had info of anything outside of E3, so we'll see what happens.
Um, what about the Smash Bros Direct? Sal had plenty of info to give to us there.

Needless to say, it's not out of the realm of possibility to see him getting more news. And if he does, we'll definitely hear about it soon.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Tingle has a lot of fans here in the west, though. Tingle > Chrom.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Um, what about the Smash Bros Direct? Sal had plenty of info to give to us there.

Needless to say, it's not out of the realm of possibility to see him getting more news. And if he does, we'll definitely hear about it soon.
IIRC, Sal never technically had an accurate prediction for that other than 'X and Y Pokemon', which is very vague.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I really think a joint trailer for Chrom and Shulk would be amazing.
Imagine this.
We see Marth and Ike fighting Shulk.
Shulk is getting beat up, then the Monado starts activating, showing Shulk visions of their attacks. Shulk says,
"I can change the future".
Then then the picture of Shulk with the slogan, Shulk envisions the fight.
So he is fighting for like thirty seconds, and we see Shulk vision Ike dealing the final blow on him. We see it coming and there is nothing Shulk can do.
Then.
Chrom shouts
"ANYTHING CAN CHANGE!"
And uses his counter on Ike, saving Shulk. We see some of Chrom's moves and them working together.
That would be some reveal.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I really think a joint trailer for Chrom and Shulk would be amazing.
Imagine this.
We see Marth and Ike fighting Shulk.
Shulk is getting beat up, then the Monado starts activating, showing Shulk visions of their attacks. Shulk says,
"I can change the future".
Then then the picture of Shulk with the slogan, Shulk envisions the fight.
So he is fighting for like thirty seconds, and we see Shulk vision Ike dealing the final blow on him. We see it coming and there is nothing Shulk can do.
Then.
Chrom shouts
"ANYTHING CAN CHANGE!"
And uses his counter on Ike, saving Shulk. We see some of Chrom's moves and them working together.
That would be some reveal.
They said a new character would be revealed, not two new characters. Also, Shulk deserves his own video instead of sharing one with Chrom.

Morbi

Scavenger
They said a new character would be revealed, not two new characters. Also, Shulk deserves his own video instead of sharing one with Chrom.
I do believe that you are fallaciously not accounting for the possibility that Chrom and Shulk would be tag-team partners. It is blatant confirmation bias and you should feel bad. :troll:

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Odama

You shout pinball attacks at everybody through the gamepad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom