• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
It's obvious it's going to be Shulk

Unless it isn't Shulk of course.

Nope. It's the logic on which he's basing the opinion, but apparently neither of you can read so you know I'm not bothering with either of you.
No. You are offended by the opinion, and you're fronting. That's literally it.

And if you are implying that you are being logical, you aren't. You get upset by someone calling a character inferior, but subsequently interject that X characters are superior with your statement by saying "as if they are taking a spot from X". Not only are you establishing YOUR opinion of who you think is superior, but also, you aren't doing any better than what you are accusing others of doing. Why is King K, Ridley or Mewtwo any better when others could think of them as unfit?

Also, the fact that you can't hold your composure on the internet with random strangers without name calling doesn't help your case either, dude.

Chill...

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
< Literally me right now.

Stop reading into my text. You're only further proving MY point.

I'm not here to fight with anybody. So I'm just going to continue to not talk to either of you at this point. I explained myself well enough, it's the two of you who have some agenda to read between lines that aren't there.

< Literally me right now.

Stop reading into my text. You're only further proving MY point.

I'm not here to fight with anybody. So I'm just going to continue to not talk to either of you at this point. I explained myself well enough, it's the two of you who have some agenda to read between lines that aren't there.
You said in two post that you weren't going to respond, but you continue to respond. Either you are going to continue with the conversation or not. You don't need to front.

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
It is my opinion that they are generic and unworthy though, i do appologize if it makes you so furious.

By the way, wasn't saying other characters won't have a chance if the Chorus Kids do make it in. But obviously some characters are gonna make it in the game instead of other characters.

Mewtwo does count as a veteran i suppose, and the Rosalina argument is why i want to believe Gematsu is a sham. As for DLC, if that does happen it most likely won't happen for a long time. Sakurai is trying to make this game complete as possible. So the most necessary characters should be available from beggining. And yes, that means characters like Lucas.
I don't really understand how people can still try to believe that the Gematsu leak is false, it got Wii Fit Trainer, The Villager, Megaman, Little Mac, Mii, Pacman, Greninja (technically), and Palutena correct, and on Monday Shulk is also likely getting announced which corrects it even more.

I just don't see how this guy could guess all of this right, especially Wii Fit Trainer and The Villager, Sakurai said he didn't want to put an Animal Crossing character into a fighting game in the Brawl days and yet he's in.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
I'm expecting the unexpected... so no Shulk for me. :p

Actually, I'd be happy with whoever is revealed. But I'd be ecstatic if we got Dr. Mario, Young Link, Mewtwo, Pichu, or Roy. They're technically not newcomers, but they might count since they were absent from Brawl.

As far as actual newcomers, King K. Rool, Ridley, Chorus Men, Captain Toad, Yarn Yoshi, or Daisy are who I'm predicting.

Hopefully, a veteran sneaks in... like Snake.

Rhus

We're going top speed!
I wasn't the only one whom disliked Xenoblade?!

That being said, I don't mind Shulk being in the game, and it might give me the motivation to give the game a second chance at some point.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
First off, I don't understand the "character isn't hype enough" logic. While this is a different company, a similar thing happened. Gamefreak pretty much announced they were going to reveal a pokemon for X and Y. Everyone assumed it was going to be incredibly hyped and what did we get?

Doublade! Everyone, (but me), was mad.

For all we know, Sakurai could consider just revealing a character to be hype enough. Especially if they have a unique moveset.

Next up, you want to know what character I want revealed? Chrous men. Sure, I'm really interested in the move set, but I also really just want the debates to die. This really has gone on quite enough. People aren't really debating anymore and are just plain fighting. :/

As for the tweet, I still don't how that immediately confirms Shulk. Yes, Shulk can still be shown for a whole number of other reasons, but I don't think it's because of a retweet. :/

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I agree with many on the GameXplain comments; I need to watch it in pieces based on a few key points. Mostly, they don't seem to be providing very solid, rounded opinions, which I guess is to be expected when all people involved just continue to agree with each other on every point stated rather than disagreeing a single time. I think that is what seems to be really difficult to swallow, the lack of counter arguments at any point in the entire video.

Though it is also difficult to hear constantly the
-Gematsu is god. Gematsu is love. Gematsu is everything. At about eight minutes in they even mention something of how a cahracter cannot be in the game if it is not on his list (they do recognize Rosalina earlier, but I mean to say that they phrase it as if he comes over sakurai. their devotion is absurd and just, frankly, a bit obnoxious to listen to).

I could get a bit nit picky too, but mostly, it does bother me still that they state
-So hidden veterans are likely but we are absolutely going to be given all the newcomers. Do explain...
-The mispronunciation of words (melee, xenoblade... I mean, this is really irritating to me).

On a separate note for real, it seems that, if these are all the characters in the game, then characters have a window of opportunity, because none of the added characters (third party aside) were quite as viable before. Sure, Little Mac was, he became exceptionally more so this go round. And your character could be too! Yet I'd have to say, if every single other character were to have been overlooked this time for the batch we got, it would speak pretty heavily on the hand Sakurai was looking at. Which, is fine, overall gameplay is indeed more important, but I would not expect older characters to make much a return under his watch in the future.

Wait...everyone thinks it's Shulk, because someone retweeted something?

I don't feel like that's concrete evidence of what character to expect.

Edit: thanks for the explanation. I don't know **** about the leak, but if all those characters were guessed then it's pretty safe to assume it's true. Same thing happened with Brawl. The disk was leaked along with like 3 seconds of gameplay and no one believed it lol

Last edited:

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
I don't really understand how people can still try to believe that the Gematsu leak is false, it got Wii Fit Trainer, The Villager, Megaman, Little Mac, Mii, Pacman, Greninja (technically), and Palutena correct, and on Monday Shulk is also likely getting announced which corrects it even more.

I just don't see how this guy could guess all of this right, especially Wii Fit Trainer and The Villager, Sakurai said he didn't want to put an Animal Crossing character into a fighting game in the Brawl days and yet he's in.
The only legitimate prediction really is WFT, Villager had a lot of demand from fans so he wasn't very unlikely. Sakurai has been known to change his mind during his projects. Megaman being the most requested character for Smash after Sonic, kinda far stretched to call it a legitimate prediction. Little Mac, Mii and Pacman were going to be shown at last years E3 according to Gematsu but it was false. So counting that and Rosalina Gematsu has 2 strikes against it.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The VA said "he got done doing a voice of Shulk."
Well, he didn't technically say Shulk, but he said if he said what he'd been voicing, his balls'd be cut off. Which makes me 100% sure it isn't Anders, since everyone knows he'll be in DA:I if you didn't murder him.

Also, y'know, it's still interesting to me that we're getting a newcomer only a month after E3 (**** man, it has been a month. That's weird too.) but I guess with the game so close, it makes sense to show the newcomers.

Last edited:

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace

Maybe because some people like myself (inb4 I get flamed to the depths of the netherworld) don't consider the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer to be convincing enough, especially when the leak claims that the Chorus Men of all things are also going to be playable? A lot of people have said that the after E3, the Chorus Men make or break the leak and I agree. If they get in, I'll see the leak as true but until then...

EDIT: This isn't related to my point at all, but I thought I'd add that Sakurai considered putting the Miis in Brawl also, but didn't like the idea of having "Miis punching and kicking".

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I certainly applaud people skeptical enough to be disuaded from Gematsu at this point. As long as I get my Shulk, I don't care either way, but I personally find it hard to slap something so correct in the face.

Oh well, it's only going to end one way, after all. Hmm.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
I certainly applaud people skeptical enough to be disuaded from Gematsu at this point. As long as I get my Shulk, I don't care either way, but I personally find it hard to slap something so correct in the face.

Oh well, it's only going to end one way, after all. Hmm.
The confidence and snide condescension here is disturbing indeed.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The confidence and snide condescension here is disturbing indeed.
Apologies, but it's been the same back and forth for months and months and months.

I've already lived through "This could still happen! This won't happen!" in the Brawl days, and I'm just over it.

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
Well first off I'm extremely excited for this announcement. Gotta say it's really out of the blue but it's nice to be kept on my toes.

When it comes to who's going to be announced it's most likely going to be someone from Gematsu that hasn't been confirmed yet. All the signs do seem in favor of Shulk but I think Chrom isn't out of the question either. For me as long as it's not Chorus men I'm fine. It does seem however that there could very well be a veteran mixed in with this trailer as well since it is reportedly 3 minutes long. If so... it might be my bias speaking but the only thing that makes sense to me here is a Chrom and Roy duo. I mean Charizard was paired with Greninja another fellow Pokemon after all and Charizard did have some changes to him. Who's to say Roy can't come back in Chrom's trailer but with a few twists? If this were to happen I hope the changes don't ruin him. Keep in mind this is just me talking out of my butt, but I have to say it's not completely out of the question. If we get Shulk then great, if we get Chrom then lovely, but if we get Chrom and Roy I would be so excited! I can wait for Shulk if I gotta.

With all this said there is also a part of me that wants it to be someone completely out of the blue and hasn't been leaked. I'm fine with anybody in my sig (Especially Ghirahim and Krystal, hate if you want). However if we by some crazy chance got Ridley I wouldn't mind in the slightest and I'm sure a crap ton of your all's heads would explode from hype.

Whatever happens, I just hope it isn't Chorus men. I know they are probably in it but I'd rather they be secret or announced when the game's actually out or something. All I want is for my mind to be blown with hype and I don't think Chorus men will cut it for me.

I just can't wait x3

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Thats like saying youre going to live. Unless you die.
No, you are going to do both.

Well, actually,living is a standard you must decide. But you are going to die, and every day you must decide to live.

Sakurai = philosophy hat.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Something's I find interesting is that in Sakurai's Miiverse post he states they're "getting to the bottom of the stash of new challenger videos" that they made. So, tying in the Gematsu leak, what if Shulk, Chrom, and Chorus Kids are the last newcomers they made videos for?

What I'm getting at is there may be more newcomers hidden in the game after release, and maybe they only made videos for newcomers they planned to show off before release.

This might explain somewhat what the Gematsu list is all about. The first six were videos they planned to show off when the game was earlier in development. The next five were the next ones the leaker found out about. Maybe the Gematsu leaker only knew about newcomer videos they planned to show off before release.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the newcomers from the Gematsu leak, but that said, I still find it odd that we'd only get 13 or so newcomers when every other Smash Bros game has had many more than that.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Well first off I'm extremely excited for this announcement. Gotta say it's really out of the blue but it's nice to be kept on my toes.

When it comes to who's going to be announced it's most likely going to be someone from Gematsu that hasn't been confirmed yet. All the signs do seem in favor of Shulk but I think Chrom isn't out of the question either. For me as long as it's not Chorus men I'm fine. It does seem however that there could very well be a veteran mixed in with this trailer as well since it is reportedly 3 minutes long. If so... it might be my bias speaking but the only thing that makes sense to me here is a Chrom and Roy duo. I mean Charizard was paired with Greninja another fellow Pokemon after all and Charizard did have some changes to him. Who's to say Roy can't come back in Chrom's trailer but with a few twists? If this were to happen I hope the changes don't ruin him. Keep in mind this is just me talking out of my butt, but I have to say it's not completely out of the question. If we get Shulk then great, if we get Chrom then lovely, but if we get Chrom and Roy I would be so excited! I can wait for Shulk if I gotta.

With all this said there is also a part of me that wants it to be someone completely out of the blue and hasn't been leaked. I'm fine with anybody in my sig (Especially Ghirahim and Krystal, hate if you want). However if we by some crazy chance got Ridley I wouldn't mind in the slightest and I'm sure a crap ton of your all's heads would explode from hype.

Whatever happens, I just hope it isn't Chorus men. I know they are probably in it but I'd rather they be secret or announced when the game's actually out or something. All I want is for my mind to be blown with hype and I don't think Chorus men will cut it for me.

I just can't wait x3

I'm glad you posted this, because if it happens, I can know you will be happy. Personally, if this happens, it will be the worst day in smash for me, as two characters I find have absolutely no business being in this game are making it in, and I will not understand at all the representation that Fire Emblem has. Roy, however, will likely just about confirm Mewtwos return. But with these two in, the only three characters I'd actively dislike would include two from FE, and Toon Link.

I do mean it though, if it happens to be this, I will try to remember people like you who would be over joyed. That at least, no matter how I feel, others will enjoy

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I find it odd in that case Basuke that some newcomers wouldn't get a trailer. I mean why not, secret or otherwise?

I find it especially stupid that someone like Ridley doesn't get a trailer if your theory is correct, but honestly at this point if it got him in the game whatever.

Still weird though.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I find it odd in that case Basuke that some newcomers wouldn't get a trailer. I mean why not, secret or otherwise?

I find it especially stupid that someone like Ridley doesn't get a trailer if your theory is correct, but honestly at this point if it got him in the game whatever.

Still weird though.
They'd probably get a trailer. Just in game I'd imagine.

My thing is? What about Rosalina? What was the situation with her that he never once mentioned her?

Vashimus

Smash Master
Bayonetta.

Making this a special reveal event, Bayonetta 2 being exclusive to Wii U with Peach, Link and Samus alternate costumes for Bayonetta 1, Sakurai was caught leaving Platinum Games studios at one point. Out there choice, but at the same time just makes sense.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

My thing is? What about Rosalina? What was the situation with her that he never once mentioned her?
Dropped between leaks. The original leak was meant for E3. Rosalina was dropped between the two leaks.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I do hope y'all are onto something. I really truly do. Outside of Shulk, while I'm still "hype" for Chorus Chroms, they're kind of "boring" and don't feel like "enough". (I don't have anything against the characters! I love them! I do!)

I hope Sakurai IS hiding something, I just can't bring myself to hope anymore. The boss reptiles are anxious!

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

She was already revealed when he gave 5 more names. The best question would be ; why did he give us only 6 names first, then the 5 others in April ?
I think he intended to reveal 6 newcomers, but Rosalina got revealed first. After all, in his second leak, he didn't mention wii fit trainer and the villager.
At this point I think all his characters are in. What I wonder is if they are the last ones ? If not I hope for 6 more newcomers... but that's just a dream.

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
Maybe because some people like myself (inb4 I get flamed to the depths of the netherworld) don't consider the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer to be convincing enough, especially when the leak claims that the Chorus Men of all things are also going to be playable? A lot of people have said that the after E3, the Chorus Men make or break the leak and I agree. If they get in, I'll see the leak as true but until then...

EDIT: This isn't related to my point at all, but I thought I'd add that Sakurai considered putting the Miis in Brawl also, but didn't like the idea of having "Miis punching and kicking".
I guess we'll have to see if Chorus Men get it then.

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
Given Gamatsu predicted him and the producer (I think) of Xenoblade retweeted Mr. Sakurai's post, Shulk seems like a good choice right now.
This annoys me quite a bit. I'm not saying I don't want Shulk in the game (never played Xenoblade or heard of the character prior to Gematsu, but I'm open to new additions), but if the developers have retweeted this because they know the reveal is for Shulk, then it spoils the excitement and speculation for me. Unless Sakurai throws a complete curve ball and surprises us all

Shroob

Sup?
This annoys me quite a bit. I'm not saying I don't want Shulk in the game (never played Xenoblade or heard of the character prior to Gematsu, but I'm open to new additions), but if the developers have retweeted this because they know the reveal is for Shulk, then it spoils the excitement and speculation for me. Unless Sakurai throws a complete curve ball and surprises us all
To be fair, the same thing happened with Little Mac... we just didn't expect it because everyone assumed we were getting Diddy and Dixie.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
To be fair, the same thing happened with Little Mac... we just didn't expect it because everyone assumed we were getting Diddy and Dixie.
I also heard people didn't pay much attention to when Next Level Games (or whoever directed Punch-Out!!) retweeted the Direct announcement, because they were too busy worrying about Diddy and Dixie.

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad you posted this, because if it happens, I can know you will be happy. Personally, if this happens, it will be the worst day in smash for me, as two characters I find have absolutely no business being in this game are making it in, and I will not understand at all the representation that Fire Emblem has. Roy, however, will likely just about confirm Mewtwos return. But with these two in, the only three characters I'd actively dislike would include two from FE, and Toon Link.

I do mean it though, if it happens to be this, I will try to remember people like you who would be over joyed. That at least, no matter how I feel, others will enjoy
I'm sorry you feel that way but at least you are nice about it and you acknowledge other's feelings about what they would want from this game. I'll tell you a secret though personally I'm only saying a Chrom and Roy duo because I feel it's realistic possibility with Gematsu and all. If I could choose someone other than Chrom I wouldn't choose him right off the bat. I would actually prefer Robin with the genderbend options and magic, then if not him/her then Lucina, then I would start going for Chrom if those two weren't available to choose at all. I would be happy just to have any newcomer for FE but those are my preferences... just throwing that out there xD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom