• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Challengers! Fire Emblem's Robin and Lucina, Featuring Captain Falcon

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Disappointed about no Shulk (I mean, look at my avatar for Christ's sake) but Robin is/was my 2nd most wanted, but because I never expected him to be put in over Chrom I had pretty much abandoned hope. So needless to say I'm pretty pleasantly surprised.

Malion

Smash Ace
Chrom having a fully animated character model in the game makes me think they had originally heavily considered him then changed their mind at the last minute. Not that I'm complaining. Robin and Lucina are more than enough for me!

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Well... this settles it. I need to buy the Fire Emblem for 3DS today. I refuse to not be familiar with ALL Smash Characters.

Swift.

Smash Rookie
Lucina just confuses me honestly... Gets her own page yet you see her using Marth's Up B, Side B, and Nair in the video .__. But other than that, The smash bros hype generator is back, the Falconator.

Also im too hyped for Robin, looks like you can equip different tomes at different points in the match?

Uffe

Smash Hero
When I saw Captain Falcon's boots, I thought, "OH MY GOSH! FALCON!" Good thing we weren't Greninja'd again. :) Interesting that they have four Fire Emblem characters.

C_Mill24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C-Mill24
3DS FC
3609-1632-1621
They made all my wants and wishes in Smash 4 come to life in this trailer. Since my best friend loves Fire Emblem and I'm extremely enthusiastic about F-Zero, this trailer is excellent.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
I was hoping for Soren actually, but this guy even has my name so i got that going for me :p

Captain Falcon stole the show imo. He's always cool no matter which other characters might appear. He's still the captain!

Last edited:

Malion

Smash Ace
Lucina just confuses me honestly... Gets her own page yet you see her using Marth's Up B, Side B, and Nair in the video .__. But other than that, The smash bros hype generator is back, the Falconator.

Also im too hyped for Robin, looks like you can equip different tomes at different points in the match?
I feel like Robin will have a tome equip move which will equip a tome at random which has a limited number of uses before having to be discarded and equiped again... kind of like book pikmin maybe?

AquaDork1

Smash Apprentice
Why is Chrom Robin's Final Smash and not Lucina's? That would fit way better.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Robin must be a plumber, cause he just fixed a leak.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'm not even mad that it wasn't Rayman. I still haven't counted him out yet though.

A little disappointed though that Chrom isn't actually playable, but I'd prefer Lucina over him anyway. Was not expecting Robin at all, but I'm down with it. Just hoping that Lucina isn't a Marth clone.

RIP ROY

:093:

Last edited:

Brojito

Smash Rookie
As if the trailer wasn't hype enough they re-make the fire emblem theme as well <3

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I quite literally can't contain my excitement. I have gotten my top two characters in the game, and I never thought I'd get both of them. The only question is who should I use as my main!

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I think Lucina might be a Marth costume. She doesn't get a full Newcomer block on the page (but she gets a veteran-sized block), and her animations all matched his. I think she got a spot on the page still because she is, indeed, a new character even if she's technically a costume for a veteran.
I'm not a huge supporter of Roy or anything, I'm pretty indifferent, but if Lucina is a separate character yet a clone that could be a costume swap (which I'm guessing we'll have to unlock), maybe we'll get Roy back in the same vein.

Malion

Smash Ace
Robin and Chrom have intense history on the battlefield that rivals that of his daughter.

Plus Chrom is potentially Robin's husband if you played it that way. haha

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Yesss chrom your tears are delicious also im meh with lucina since all i see is marth as for robin that was interesting pic and choice and now more swords join the battle lol also i hope sakurai includes more than just the female version and have all of robins alt appearances

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Chrom and Robin spend way more time together in awakening than Chrom and Lucina. I guess the daddy daughter thing would make sense, but Chrom and robin always work together.

Malion

Smash Ace
now we just need Donnel and Anna and all my faves from FE:A will be in the game!

(kidding!)

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
This may not necessarily deconfirm Shulk or Chorus Men but it does finally deconfirm gematsu. Non believers can finally speculate in peace.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I like how Lucina's little intro was "Lucina wakes her blade?!" as if it's like they knew we'd be confused if she was an original character or a Marth Alt. I think she's a Marth alternate costume.

I'm excited to play Robin though, he/she looks cool af and has magic n crap

PrincesInPink~VictorF

Smash Rookie
NNID
VictorF8
3DS FC
3411-2109-6568
Switch FC
SW 6944-2446-3012
Super hyped for Robin and Falcon but Lucina better not just be a female Marth cause that would be a waste of a character slot!

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Hah, can't say I was expecting Robin to have a chance. Looks like I officially found my Secondary character.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
As much as I loved seeing both Robin and Lucina, Fire Emblem currently has up to 4 characters. Being a fan of the Donkey Kong and Metroid franchises, this upsets me as two of the biggest heavy weights in Smash Speculation are from both of those franchises and have been waiting in line to be in Smash for over a decade.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Smash boards, if you click Lucinas name on the site, she is listed as a NEWCOMER not an alt costume. Give her a subforum please, it's quite ridiculous that she didn't get one while the other newcomer did.

TheMinoprio

Smash Rookie
I think Lucina is a new character, very similar to Marth.

However, I think this doesn't deconfirm Gematsu but it tells us that anything could happen, I never saw Robin coming and now look. I still think Shulk and Chorus Kids are in tho, but anyone out of gematsu may be as well.

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
I like how Lucina's little intro was "Lucina wakes her blade?!" as if it's like they knew we'd be confused if she was an original character or a Marth Alt. I think she's a Marth alternate costume.

I'm excited to play Robin though, he/she looks cool af and has magic n crap
I'm thinking the same about the alt costume. She even has Marth's idling animation with the chest touching sigh thing.

Wylia

Restore faith in humanity
3DS FC
4184-2201-1910
Ohhhhh they found him! Welcome home Captain Falcon!

Malion

Smash Ace
With this info that bumps the playable females to... 11 (plus Miis can be female so 14)

Brawl had 7 including Jigglypuff and Nana. So I'd say we're doing a lot better on the representation front. Way to go Sakurai!

Top Bottom