• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Challengers! Fire Emblem's Robin and Lucina, Featuring Captain Falcon

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Late last week, Sakurai announced that there would be a 3-minute livestream reveal of a new challenger for Smash Brothers for Wii U/3DS. Today's presentation revealed not one, but two new characters that will be joining the fray: Robin and Lucina! The pair are known for their appearances in Fire Emblem: Awakening for the 3DS. Robin will also have both male and female costumes just like in FE: Awakening. Captain Falcon was also featured, confirming his return to the arena as well. Watch the full reveal below:

Robin Brings the Thunder!
Robin's fighting style is a unique mix of magic and swordsmanship. However, just like in Fire Emblem games of the past, tomes will have limited uses - skilled Robin players will have to choose when and how to use their magic wisely!

Lucina Wakes Her Blade!
Lucina appears to share many of her moves with Marth. She has been labeled a unique character on the official Smash Brothers website, though, so differences between the two characters will likely become apparent as more information becomes available.

UPDATE: Sakurai has explained the differences between Lucina and Marth in the July 15th Daily Picture.
Captain Falcon appears to be his old self. Which is to say, excellent.

Falcon... PUNCH!
What do you think of the reveal? Are you excited to play these three new characters? How happy are you that the good Captain is back? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

There will be plenty of Fire Emblem this time around in Smash!

The Derrit has tingles. So much for gematsu am I right? Geek out with him about Fire Emblem, and the new F-Zero that is *obviously* coming on Twitter, at @TheDerrit.

Last edited:

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
I'm super excited to play as Robin! They did him/her exactly the way I wanted them to! With the sword/tome build. Gonna be so fun and unique.

MasterLuigi

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2835-8943
We got Sakurai'd again. No Shulk or Rayman!
Also did anyone else notice that 3 minute video was so powerful Miiverse and Smashboards went offline for a moment.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
I rather disappoint that Chrom isn't playable but I'm just excited for Robin right now. Also I think Lucina is an alternate costume for Marth. Her gameplay was exactly the same as Marth's.

Edit: Check the website she has her own page... I so confused right now so is she a clone? Also doesn't list her as a newcomer SO CONFUSED

Last edited:

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
Lucina is her own character, she had the whole "reveal" picture and her dolphin slash was a bit different than Marth's.

Last edited:

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
I'm so hyped about Robin :D not so much with Lucina tho :p

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
I'm so happy that we got these members today. I literally yelled "F*** YEAH!" across my house when I saw Robin jump in after Lucina. I wasn't sure at first if it was going to be Robin, but holy cow, I'm so happy and giddy right now that I don't know how I could go to work today, haha. So excited, and I'm really into the whole "spells are limited" thing. It makes the gameplay interesting and makes sure Robin can't stay super campy. Wooh!

Dr. Bran

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2062-9647-8749
According to the very deformed website that I ACTUALLY GOT ONTO because the servers were crammed, Chrom and Lucina are the same character (different costumes) and not clones of Marth! Also, I just wan to say that Lucina fighting Falcon was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Bittersweet reveal.

Captain Falcon? **** yeah!

Robin! Do the gods decieve me!? In his/her full glory? Using magic attacks?

Lucina over Chrom. How is she even going to play? Hopefully not another Marth clone. Won't believe that till I see it.

Erionn

Smash Cadet
There seems to be some serious confusion here, it's very simple. Robin and Lucina are the new playable characters, confirmed by having pages on the official Smash Bros site. Chrom is just a part of Robin's final smash.

Malion

Smash Ace
I am so pumped it's unreal. When talking about FE character. Robin always seemed logical. He can be a woman, so that's a plus. And he's not a standard swordfighter, which is a double plus.

I'm also happy that my version of Robin looks pretty much like this one so it's like I'm in the game. lol.

Lucina is great in this too. I'll be playing as her for sure... though we didn't see much of her.

NewGuy79

Smash Journeyman
YOU THINK YOU CAN PREDICT THE MASHED PATATO SAMURAI!!!!111111

ps: looks like we got Captain falcon as a veteran, Robin as a new comer and Lucain as either a pallet costume for Marth or a clone. either way SSB4 HYPE

Last edited:

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
The official smash site has Lucina in her own spot and list her as a New Comer. I really think Lucina is her own character and I'm really happy that she is. This reveal was just to hype for me... So many characters I want to main and play I am just at a loss.

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
Everyone saying hooray for no blue-haired swordsman realizes that Lucina's hair is blue right? Also her model looks amazing. And based on what little we saw of her in the video, I don't think she'll play like a Marth clone. She seemed swifter in her movements.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
What a waste of a character slot! Put Chrom in and make Lucina a female Marth skin.

Nd Falcon Woohoo!!!

Last edited:

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
SO HYPED! I'm done waiting for this game to come out. MUST PLAY NOW!
Robin's way of fighting is brilliant. Are the tomes like items? Perhaps he has a move for getting a random tome, kind of like Olimar and the Pikmin. That'd be awesome!

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Two of my most wanted newcomers confirmed on the same day... I'm crying...

Top Bottom