• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Challengers! Fire Emblem's Robin and Lucina, Featuring Captain Falcon

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
I agree with everything you said, I feel like he would definitely be a cool character to play as. I'd envision him having a Bowser-esque move set. I certainly wouldn't be opposed to having him in, I just don't think it will happen especially since the Rare buy-out that QQQQQQQ7777777 mentioned. I forgot about that completely
I don't think that'll probably have any impact on whether or not Rool makes it in, luckily, as neither him nor any other Rare-created DK characters aren't owned by Nintendo concurrently (for examples stated above). I would imagine really it's just a toss-up now on whether or not he passes this time around at all, as Sakurai's practically unpredictable like that. Lol.

Here's to hoping for the best, though.

Last edited:

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
You know what would be neat is if in august they have a newcomer trailer on the chorus trio to coincide with the Japanese release of rhythm tengoku august 6th and it also confirmed Jigglypuff in the trailer because they both have something to do with rhythm/music

SojyuRyu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shiragon21
3DS FC
2019-9678-7610
I knew it was coming I knew Robin would be in it but Lucina and Falcon too!! All we need is like 2-3 mor fighters come on Samurai make my wish come true.

SojyuRyu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shiragon21
3DS FC
2019-9678-7610
I knew it come on Samurai just 2 to 3 more fighters make my dream come true.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I don't think that'll probably have any impact on whether or not Rool makes it in, luckily, as neither him nor any other Rare-created DK characters aren't owned by Nintendo concurrently (for examples stated above). I would imagine really it's just a toss-up now on whether or not he passes this time around at all, as Sakurai's practically unpredictable like that. Lol.

Here's to hoping for the best, though.
Sakurai has the observer effect. The more you try to figure out what he's doing, the more unexpected the outcome gets.

Last edited:

KodyTauros

Smash Rookie
NNID
KodyTauros
I hope there's more shown off for Lucina. Admittedly, I've never played a FE game, but if we were shown a Marth clone, a newcomer that's actually creative, and Captain Falcon, I don't know how to really feel about this whole reveal trailer.

willy410

Smash Rookie
I hope there's an alt for robin with his hood up, and an alt for lucina with her mask on

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Anyone else notice Chrom looming over everybody on the Yusuke Kozaki artwork on Robin's page? His face is larger than anybody's, even the foreground characters. I'm not sure if there's anything to it though, it just seems odd considering his placement as Robin's FS.

I also couldn't help but notice Robin's sword is different in the screenshots on his page than it is in the gameplay video. Visual upgrade between screenshot and recording, or something relating to his moves? Maybe it's related to his move customizations... or, do some characters have unique customizations we aren't yet aware of?

Last edited:

Dr. Snakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueDaBeast
3DS FC
4511-1428-9509
Folks, go to the part in the trailer where Lucina does what looks like a SH Nair (It was at 1:53 in the video I watched). Anybody else notice the decreased landing lag after the Nair, or is it just me? Sakurai might be listening after all!

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
Could one of the reasons that Falcon appeared in this trailer be that his franchise, F-Zero, debuted the same year as Fire Emblem in 1990? Or was he simply overdue, like the rest of the veterans from the first Smash?

Although we lost Chrom, I am just as stoked for Robin and Lucina!

^-^

Last edited:

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
All I can say is Fire emblem hype, lucina looks promising and Robin that Magician swordsmen looks exciting to try, here's to an addition of mains to my roster.:estatic:

Pinkzeppelincult

Smash Rookie
Lucina seems like a blatant Marth clone to me. Roy and Ike were actually different characters. This looks far worse even than Toon Link.

Robin actually seems legit, but I hope he doesn't actually shout the names of all his moves in-game.

Also, FALCON'S BACK! Am I the only one who was totally reminded of M. Bison when his eyes turned on and he grinned like that? All they need to do now is reveal Ness and I'll be happy until release, even if my beloved L-canceling is gone. I have PM for that.

Last edited:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Roy is obviously not Sakurai's boy... *sobs*
To me I think this raises Roy's chances as it shows Sakurai isn't afraid to make clone-like characters. I wouldn't call him de-confirmed yet. I just think it's unlikely. Hell I was surprised we got more FE members after Ike, and we got 2. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I mean, it probably WAS true. But Sakurai plays by his own rules. haha

Also, Sakurai did say we would see a new challenger (singular) today. That also makes me think Lucina is part of Marth just acknowledged separately.
He also never mentioned a veteran. What, is Falcon a ZSS skin now?
sorry if that was rude

D

Deleted member

Definitely interested in Robin. As for Lucina, I'll have to try her out in the games. As for Falcon? YESZ!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

volbound1700

Smash Master
I love that they added Robin but would rather have had an axe welder, spear welder, or laguz fighter. I wanted Micaiah or Sothe :(.

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
I've never played FE Awakening, so sue me, but when I saw this I was like: "Gasp! Falcon? YES! Oh, and new characters. But what about Ne- oh nevermind."

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
He also never mentioned a veteran. What, is Falcon a ZSS skin now?
sorry if that was rude
Not rude. I chuckled. I was just saying a (singular) newcomer sounds limited to one, and that doesn't mention or affect veterans. If he said a veteran and a newcomer, and we got two veterans and two newcomers, one, I'd be stoked, two, him saying that implied only 2 insteaf of 4. Basically, since he didn't say newcomers (plural) I wonder if he thinks of Robin and Lucina differently (even though the site lists them both as newcomers). And then there's the confusing non-newcomer box she was in. I just hope he clears up confusion this week.

Comm

Smash Rookie
Man I hope Lucina plays well. I'm already decided on my main

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
I love how sakuari continues to surprise us. Here are some things I noticed in the trailer

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Why doesn't lucina get a new comer banner?
Because the banners are only big for the art that is put beside the chars. Lucina has no art as her and Robin share one. The obvious exception is the Miis

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
They put Lucina in over Chrom to deconfirm the Gematsu leak.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Could one of the reasons that Falcon appeared in this trailer be that his franchise, F-Zero, debuted the same year as Fire Emblem in 1990? Or was he simply overdue, like the rest of the veterans from the first Smash?

Although we lost Chrom, I am just as stoked for Robin and Lucina!

^-^
Possibly. They pulled the same thing with Mr. Game & Watch in Pac-Man's trailer (both 1980). Though they threw him to the side immediately after without even putting him on the site. Only difference is that Captain Falcon doesn't get shut up after his appearance and he also gets shown in the actual game.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I think the box size issue with Lucina is notable and can't be dismissed until we are given more information.

GoldenMasterSword

Smash Cadet
NNID
GoldMasterSword
3DS FC
5241-2079-3500
I am so glad Captain Falcon is returning to Smash 4. Nice to see Lucina and Robin too. Lucina's moves look too much like Marth's though. Are we going to see the spiritual successor of Roy? :p

Top Bottom