• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Challenger Approaching - Diddy Kong!

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Seems like all the posts for this went over to the Diddy topic. >.>

Anyways, he seems to be fast and such, but I'm betting he'll be a bit hard to control because of that. But who knows for sure. We need more info Sakurai! Why must you taunt us and make us wait 24 hours? ;_;

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I can't imagine a Final... seeing as I'm a faithful fan of the Country series, and that's it.

Maybe a pirate ship comes out of nowhere like Ruby Heart from Marvel Vs. Capcom 2.

Or either Dixie comes to help with the smashing.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
That little quote about his movement really intrigues me. Gotta love a character with fun movements. *Thinks of SF3's Elena, xD*

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
I can't imagine a Final... seeing as I'm a faithful fan of the Country series, and that's it.

Maybe a pirate ship comes out of nowhere like Ruby Heart from Marvel Vs. Capcom 2.

Or either Dixie comes to help with the smashing.
Or he could use a guitar like he did in DK64

Or ride a rhino!

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
He definitely looks like his moveset is going stick out considering he used his tail to attack. Maybe similar to some of Yoshi's A attacks.

krynny

Smash Cadet
im not really a big diddy fan, but after reading about what his moveset might be like he sounds interesting. i think he will be another fun addition to the game. if we are lucky we can get an update more about his moves like how ike and some others got.

BoG

Smash Journeyman
Never been a huge Diddy fan, but I've always known he'd make it into the game. And NOT with Dixie. Well, I really don't mind Diddy at all, actually, I actually love him compared to Krystal and Petey Pirahna. Still hope they aren't playable.

Revven

FrankerZ
w00t! I was waiting for Diddy to appear and boy am I glad! Having used him in almost every sports game spin-off I love him so dearly (more than DK). Hopefully, he'll fit into my top 10 somewhere around number 4 or 5. =D

Hong

The Strongest
Even though I don't care for Donkey Kong country, this is good news. DK really needed another representitive and Diddy can easily have a more unique fighting style. While this update was expected, I'm surprised to see him before Captain Falcon, Ness/Lucas or Meta Knight.

The Duck

Smash Champion
Considering that...
-Donkey Kong's been by himself in the last two SSB games
-Diddy's been in various Mario sports games even since Rare went Microsoft
-Many would say it's about time that another Donkey Kong character got into Smash...
I always thought that it was only a matter of time before Diddy Kong got confirmed. Glad to see it's over and done now so that his biggest fans won't have to worry anymore. I'm not one of his biggest fans, but I'm glad to see that he made it.

He should have some cool jetpack attacks, but wouldn't it be kind of funny if (since it's uncertain if he's using his legs or tail to attack Link in that screenshot, though I'm leaning on 'tail' a little) all of his tail attacks were direct clones of what Yoshi did in SSBM? Not that it should happen, though; in fact it's safe to say that they'll make him a unique playable character in almost all aspects.

As to whether or not he might use a variation of the Giant Punch for a Special Move, somehow I think it could go either way...but I'm sort of leaning on 'perhaps not', though it'd be amusing to see him using his own version.

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
Congrats Diddy fans. I'm not too much of a fan so my feelings are impartial but interesting looking character nontheless. I do think his FS would be he jumps on a rhino and you can run around the trying to ko people. It would be similar to grabing the hammer where if the rhino touchs the opponent its instant hurt time. And the rhino would move faster than when characters grab the hammer.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
My day today:

7:30 AM: Wake up, put out dog.
7:35 AM: Turn on computer.
7:36 AM: Turn on Firefox.
7:37 AM: Check e-mail
7:38 AM: Go to Smash Dojo.
7:39 AM: HEAD EXPLODES FROM SHEER AWESOMENESS OF DIDDY KONG!

After my head exploded, I didn't wake up until now to post here.

He looks like my new main, at least in casual play.

Now excuse me while I go grab a hammer to get the Diddy Kong portion of the DK Rap out of my head.

Pima

Smash Journeyman
Heh great addition to the game IMO.I knew he was in, he just couldn't be missing

I'm not his superfan but he looks like one of those characters that you will not main but you enjoy playing with them (Like Link =P sorry Link fnas)

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I probably won't play as him, but I am glad he's in the game. Not that I had any doubts. I was just scared he could be paired with Dixie. Hopefully this means Sakurai is being a little less secretive about the roster now. Maybe we will even get a newcomer a week. Maybe even a veteran too.

SehkmetCLS

Smash Cadet
I'll certainly try him for a bit.

A final smash where the members of the kong family come around (a little fmv or something) would be killer, doubt this will happen, and the guitar? hopefully not, seems too much of a rip off on DK's final...

They can get creative...

XDead Sexy

Smash Apprentice
I think they'll make his jet pack his >B attack and not ^B cause there was a few with similar moves in melee and would make sense, anyways Diddy was an obvious for me hes perfect for this game he'll be an awesome edition.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
its gonna be one of those weeks i say.
1. Special Moves
2. Subspace info
3, New Character

HELL YEAH BABY!

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Post in my thread please, I was first one to post >:(
THIS IS NOT A RACE! YOU DO NOT GET BONUS POINTS FOR MAKING A THREAD!

ahhh

Neways, I always wanted Diddy Kong to be there... love the little guy. Great for DK series that finally have 2 characters.

Thread title should be renamed to ''OMFG Diddy Kong'' this update clearly deserves the OMFG.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Meh, I don't really like any of the Kong characters, but I'm still happy to see new challengers approach!

tirkaro

Smash Champion
*is finally fully awake*

meh, I really dont care about diddy kong. mainly because I dont care about any of the donkey kong games besides jungle beat. he looks somewhat intresting though.

Keku

Smash Apprentice
Guys, imagine a mixture of Donkey Kong and Fox, I think we could expect something like that from Diddy. :)

ReXXXSoprano

Smash Cadet
I always wanted Diddy in Smash. And Fairy Godfather Sakurai grants wishes. I just wanna use the Peanut Pop Gun. For anybody wondering what his moves might be, please refer to Donkey Kong 64. And I think I'll do that right now.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
Yeah, we're having an awesome week thus far. My guess is that tomorrow we'll have a new item, and Friday an AT.

Diddy looks cool, he'll definitely be worth a shot when we actually get the game. I get the feeling that he'll be more of a "casual" character, probably in the middle tier.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i laugh at all those who said diddy wouldn't make it, he would be a duo with dixie, or he wouldn't use his popguns or jetpack. HAHAHAHA

best newcomer since E3 2006..........................................................................

(until Ridley shows up)

Top Bottom