• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(NEW) B-Will's Vids: Updated 4-10-07

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thanks for the comments guys.

Yea, D1, for some odd reason lately I haven't been able to double laser off the ledge consistenly. Like I never used to mess that up until now it's kind of weird. I sometimes just end up fastfalling off the ledge without a jump coming out resulting in my death lol. I did that same thing against light on rainbow cruise which tied up the game.

Keep them coming.

RudeBoyOkuma

Smash Rookie
Man Bryan yout falco is too good. Just work on the not suiciding, and ledge game are you'll be superb. Btw you should do videos with chucky and trevyn too.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Your marth is good, that match was nice considering how good Wobbles is gj.

One thing is that you have to not jump so early during your recovery as Marth. You'd be surprised how potent his double jump can be at saving himself from what would normally be a gimp.

Demon_Lord

Smash Cadet
I’m not sure if some of the falls were intentional weather they were or not the vids are good stuff nice combo’s as well good job

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Your marth is good, that match was nice considering how good Wobbles is gj.

One thing is that you have to not jump so early during your recovery as Marth. You'd be surprised how potent his double jump can be at saving himself from what would normally be a gimp.
Yeah, most of the times that I didn't double jump there was a reason behind it. A few attacks that wobbles threw at me at high percent I was scared that if I forward b'd instead of using my double jump, I would get K.O'd off the side. But there were a couple of instances were I should have and didn't you're right.

I’m not sure if some of the falls were intentional weather they were or not the vids are good stuff nice combo’s as well good job
Falls? Not sure what you mean by this.

AZ, you guys should come up to a WA tourney sometime. :)
Yeah, I'm looking to travel more these days, I dunno about going as far as WA, but yeah let me know when your next tourney is.

Keep your comments coming!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Well, you already know my opinion of how your played against peach from Butters' thread, so I'll get right into the Shiek matches. Omar looks really really good, so there's no shame in losing that one, but there are definately a few things you could have done to improve your chances. First off, stages. DK64 is terrible for Falco, and pretty good for Shiek. Since that was the first match, I'll assume that was random stage and there's nothing you could have done about it, but that's really unlucky. For the second match though, I gotta say that I don't approve of picking YS. YS is a good falco stage, but it's a really really nasty shiek stage. There's just too much they can do with the needle approaches from the platforms and even if you steal the edge while they're trying to sweetspot, they can go straight up and get platform. I mean, there's a lot more to it than that, but I'm not gonna go too in depth, I'm just gonna say that against Shiek's I usually pick PS, though FoD(if they're bad at fighting light lasor spam) or FD (if I note that they're not good at Tech Chasing) will be picked if I note something about their play style.

Now, I'm not sure if these matches were back to back, but they sure look like it to me, cause in the begining of match 1, you seem to still be in Peach defeating mode (spam lasors like crazy). While you do still want to SHL a lot vs. Shiek, you should be using it to constantly put pressure on (by approaching), rather than using it to pressure them into approaching. Falco doesn't want to give Shiek the opportunity to dictate the pace of this match, it's his job to keep it too fast for Shiek to get sneaky, and if you just spam lasor, you give her time to set up approaches from platforms. You definately got better about this later in match 1, but Omar already had a stock on you, so it was tough for you to get back into the game at that point. In match 2, there wasn't a whole hell of a lot you could do because YS gives Shiek so much room to shut off your SHL approaches. She can just chill on platforms and charge needles until she's ready to make a move and this doesn't bode well for Falco. If this were on FD or PS, there's much less Shiek can do vs. a good SHL approach.

Anyway, you still played a hell of a match and there's no shame in losing to someone as good as Omar is.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nicely put. One thing you don't know, however, is that yoshi story was also randomly picked. The tournament host had some rule where there were no counterpicking stages; every stage was random. So yeah, no need to go into why yoshi story is bad, I know this and if I had my choice, I would have gone FD.

Anyways, good advice. You are right, sheik has too much of a needle game from platforms for me to go completely defensive with lasers. That's something I do need to work on, being a little more aggressive, especially against a shiek who is able to stop me from camping with his incredible needle game (cause omar's game revolves around that, I have never seen a sheik have a better needle game than him.)

Good stuff keep them coming.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
bumped for justice

ive never seen these before i dont think.. were those from AzOne?

imo i dont think you've bugged sean enough on that fight. when to shoot and when to advance/retreat. but other than that smurftastic. i'd probably still get ***** by omar... : (

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
GamerGuitarist, what are you trying to say with the 2nd sentense in your sig? 'Cause I can assure you it's not correct right now, but I don't really know what you're trying to say, so I can't help you out with it.

roflll. my japnese is horrible. i was trying to say, watashi o mesaji suru. like, message me. i need to change that **** though. i'm going to go make a sig now so i can do that :)

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
hey bwill, why'd this get moved? anyways man, my vids with my friend are up on the Falco sectoin. check them out. hope to play you soon!

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just added four new matches: three of my falco and one of shiek. I just started playing sheik so I decided to add a match of her.

Keep in mind these are just friendlies and I hope to get tourney matches this weekend. If you can critique my recent videos I would appreciate it. Thanks!

I JUST uploaded these matches on youtube 10 min ago so they may not be finished processing yet. They should be good to go in about 10 more min.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Nice vids I like your falco but sometimes you seemed a little jerky when pressuring shields but thats not really a problem lol.

It's fairly obvious in how you play forward is clearly a strong influence on you.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
man b-will your sheik is almost as gay as your marth. were you going easy on my when i played your sheik though? cause i'm pretty sure i got you down to one stock but not positive.

but man good stuff in all those vids. see you saturday (and i'm not fighting your ****ing marth again you cheapass) :)

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
B-will, I like your falco.

Sometime this weekend I'll have vids up this weekend that I'd like you to check out if possible.

Come to pound 2 as well. <_<

Hax

Smash Champion
hey b-will. you don't know me (i'm from NY) but i've got some advice anyway, lol.

i think you really need to improve your mindgames with falco. i'm probably the only one who thinks you didn't play defensively enough; when i watched the match on DK64 it really looked like omar was setting you up way too many times because your play style was predictable: you always SHL'd a few times and ran in with a dair. what you should do instead is shl a few times (in place), then shl into them and grab, then fthrow. pc does this a lot, it's great. you should also try uthrow on fox's because if you predict the DI then it combos into nair and still gives you time to follow up with another grab at certain %'s.

so yeah, i think that being predictable is your main weakness. my falco (well, when i used to play him.. -.-) started out playing just like yours but i eventually began implementing grabs, and mindgames. (not to be offensive at all)

good luck, hope to see more videos.

Top Bottom