• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New arrow & jumping tech

Twilght Link

Smash Journeyman
Alright, i said i would post this weird tech and so i will. Basically i discovered this tech while trying to learn the SHDA with tlink but it works with both links to varying degrees. While practicing the SHDA, i learned that using one hand to press the jump button and the other hand to press the specials button was a good way to learn the timing of the SHDA. I had also recently assigned my X button to specials so i could SHDA easier (i jump with Y) and during my practice i had accidentally pressed both buttons almost simultaneously. The result was my tlink's jumping animation was cancelled and he appeared to shoot an arrow while literally rising in the air. I experimented and by jumping a second time by inputting the same commands after the first arrow jump i found my tlink to do a similar rising arrow shot and on my descent i could shoot 2 more arrows ( the last of which can be an arrow cancel). This not only lets you jump and shoot your arrows simultaneously, but i found that you can shoot 1 more arrow than normally.

I bet most of you are wondering " What does this do for link?". After i experimented with link, i found that he can, quite literally, shoot 3 arrows by the time he lands. The first jump appears as if he is rising and shooting simultaneously and the second jump while inputting the arrow and jumping buttons is a very short rise in which he shoots an arrow. On link's descent, you can time an arrow cancel so you have a maximum of 3 arrows shots.

I call it Arrow jumping (i had previously called it ADHC for ArrowDoubleHopCancel)

If anyone else wants to experiment on this tech to lead new possibilities for link/tlink please do so.

P.S i don't have a recorder or know how to post vids on youtube so i can't give anyone a video. However, i would be glad to show this to anyone over online (feel free to record it then)
P.S.S This also works with normal configuration

Finns7

Smash Ace
I did this before with normal configuration and it can be useful imo. I practiced it with Arkive online awhile ago.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I did it once before but only with two arrows. The third might prove useful. I'll see what I can do with it.

Finns7

Smash Ace
You have to place your thumb on the b button and have one of your fingers on the x button and jump (full) and if you want to reverse it you have to jump back and press b at a certain frame. I found this out before and use it for mindgames, I have not fully mastered it If someone wants to see it pm me and Ill show you online, anyone except arkive because when I showed him this a month ago he blew it off as a nub find T_T

Twilght Link

Smash Journeyman
I found this out like a month or two ago (i have a topic on it in sbr) sadly it wasn't really noticed XD

Ademar440

Smash Cadet
useful stuff but you also can pull out a bomb or throw the galerang or do a Nair instead of the second arrow, play with it you can do a lot of stuff without touching the ground

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
Watch the Video in my Sig, look at the date.
This is nothing new and I guess you can read the tripple arrow combination in the projectile thread.
You can also combinate 1 boomerang and 2 Arrows before landing, or 1 arrow, 1 boomerang and another arrow.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
hmm i didnt think this would really be a tech. i main pit and do alot of jump arrow shots. so doing something like this with link can come natural.

Twilght Link

Smash Journeyman
hmm i didnt think this would really be a tech. i main pit and do alot of jump arrow shots. so doing something like this with link can come natural.
Well doing a normal double jump, link can normally shoot 1 arrow( i think because he is a fastfalling character and his jumping abilities are pathetic) mabye someone with godly timing can make an arrow cancel. But with this you can shoot 3 arrows plus the jumping animation is cancelled.

Twilght Link

Smash Journeyman
XD i only found this out on the 18th of July why didn't anyone tell all of their fellow link players....

Top Bottom