• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Amiibo's announced (King Dedede is already perfect, and so is his Amiibo)

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Shulk kind of looks like he has a girl face (probably a bad angle) but aside from that they look pretty good for the most part.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Omg these are so good! Especially Meta Knight, King Dedede, Mega Man, Shulk, and Ike!

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Well, the Shulk one didn't turn out as bad as I expected!

Must get that Megaman and Dedede for sure

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
Dedede!!! And Shulk!!! Definitely gonna pick those two up, and possibly Sheik as well.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Wake me up when an Anna Amiibo gets announced.
*never wakes up again....* :crying:

Khao

Smash Lord
I love how they had to shrink Bowser down to Toon Link's size, yet his feet still pop out of the stand awkwardly.

Also, I couldn't be more glad at the lack of an ugly piece of transparent plastic in Mega Man's figure. In general, it seems like they're not needed in characters that have both feet planted down on the ground close together. I bet there won't be one either on Robin, Lucina, Pac-Man, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Ness, R.O.B. or Ganondorf.

And talking about future figures... I really want to see what they're gonna do with Mr. Game & Watch's.

Last edited:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Never in my life would I have ever imagined that Nintendo would ever produce a figure of Ike... yet there it is. :bee:

Tails1000

Smash Cadet
I can't get a good look at Shulk's face, but if he has the same face as Marth then I won't be picking him up. Other then that he seems very detailed which is a plus :)

Newt Floss

Smash Journeyman
Third party amiibos! I'll be getting a Mega Man regardless of how janky his final version will be.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
They seem a little off model, not really surprised.

Meta Knight and Mega Man look good though.

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
I'm so pumped for the Ike amiibo! It looks great! Before this year, I never dreamed I would be able to buy an interactive figurine of the main character of my favorite video game of all time.

These figures look a lot more polished than the 1st wave models too, imo. There's no amiibos with weird poses like Link, super obnoxious stands, or wobbly weapons (that we can see so far). They all look at least decent. Unfortunately, my second most-wanted amiibo, Shulk, is probably my least favorite of the bunch. His pose is clearly not optimal for a real trophy, but the stand is thankfully relatively unobtrusive. However, his face looks a little weird to me in the preview pics (here). And the actual model will probably look a little worse, if the 1st-waves are any indication.

Still, I'm glad Nintendo is wasting no time pumping these guys out, so everyone has their choice of their favorite characters.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Shulk! That's the second one I get, after Samus. Amiibo is just so glorious.

Need that Robin though. Come on Nintendo, don't make me wait too long! (Will there be a female Robin amiibo? Probably not, huh.. :( )

Last edited:

cheezy

Smash Rookie
NNID
cheez124
3DS FC
2664-2287-2711
toon link is looking good, i'm pretty relieved

rosalina herself looks fine too, but luma's stand looks really bad tbh. oh well, now all i need is ness, and i'm set.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
We all know who the real star of this set is...

dedediibo.png

That face. :4dedede:
That hammer.
That girth.
That sheer brilliance.
All in a single figure.
I need it.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Megaman's Lookin' GOOD! but I'll getting Lucario only because my money is very limited.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Amiibo's first announced: Well, probably not. Just get my favorite ones for collectible purposes. They look amazing!
Amiibo's functionality demonstrated: Not bad at all. Multiple games, too. I can't wait!
Amiibo's final quality shown: Nevermind.

Really upset about the quality here. They shouldn't have shown off the models that looked EXACTLY like the art, maybe I'd be more forgiving. Toon Link and Mega Man aren't bad, though.

Cloud Knight

Smash Rookie
shiek looks like she's crapping out a brick

That Lucario tho
Lmao

#StillWaitingForCharzard

But on the serious note I do wanna collect them all

-amiibomon

Ascended

Smash Ace
I want Mega Man, but since I'm getting Mario, then I'll have to get Sonic and Pac-Man to complete the four icons. Also seriously considering Shulk and Ike.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
In the end what matters is functionality so Im really ok with the declining quality (Marth's face still bugs me a lot, but DDD looks majestic as f*** ).

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
I presume the 4th amiibo wave might contain the rest of the non-secret characters: Robin, Palutena, Pacman, Charizard, Greninja, Sheik, Zamus, Olimar and maybe Bowser Jr, Ness and Ganondorf.
And more on this 3rd wave, Dedede looks pretty good. Sonic not so fresh, but there is always the First4Figures of him if you wanted something that looked good.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I wonder if the Sonic and Megaman Amiibos work for Mario Kart as well.

Top Bottom