• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Amiibo's announced (King Dedede is already perfect, and so is his Amiibo)

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Nope, the only new Amiibo that has been confirmed to work on MK8 is Toon Link.
Whelp, there go several months of mystery wondering if they would or not...
And STILL no Rosalina?

Last edited:

nitr0monkey

Smash Rookie
Dedede is definitely the best one so far. Might get a Wario one too if they make one for his classic outfit alt

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The Meta Knight one looks pretty great, if I ever get an Amiibo that'll definitely be the one. I imagine my brother will get Dedede regardless though, that just looks too good to pass up on.

Lichi

This is my war snarl
I will definately get one of these, just because of being interested in it's learning capabilities. They certainly do not look pretty enough to just buy them for your shelf, though I do not think they are too terrible. In the end, they are just 15 bucks. The high quality figures I know triple that price easily.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Are these the final design's? I'd hope so. Toon Link looks really good so far and I'm pretty relieved for that. Then again, he has a pretty simple design anyway....

Last edited:

ChrisP4

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christian.P4
3DS FC
5284-1444-6964
Daaamn. Some look a little off(sonic) but most of them look really good.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Well. Dedede looks really good!

Metaknight looks acceptable as well.

The more detailed a character is however, they do decline in look. Bowser's maybe passable, but Ike's face and clothing look a little...off.

Still, it's rare to get any merchandise for Fire Emblem(or Xenoblade) so it may be worth snapping them up regardless.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
definatly gonna have to get shulk, toon link, megaman and sonic all i need now is olimar

energonkid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Energon_kid
Switch FC
SW-5446-8459-8780
They come out January 22, 2015, except for shulk and the third parties who come out in February. You can see on the website. The numbers 2015, 22, and 1 appear between Japanese characters.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Don't mind me. Just sitting here waiting on that Falco.

Might get Toon Link and Shulk tho.

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord
By the way guys, don't expect the figures to look exactly like that.

They may be the final designs, but these are either renders, or touched up photos with the ideal light conditions and ****.

Think of these like the hamburguer pictures on a fast-food restaurant, they show you a preview of what the product's gonna have, but not necesarily how it's gonna look.

Just don't think this is what you'll actually get, the world already made that mistake once. I mean, most comparison shots between the final and "e3" figures are not even using the actual e3 figures, they never looked all that good even back then.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The great ones: :rosalina::4metaknight::4dedede::4tlink::4lucario:

The ugly ones: :4shulk::4bowser::4sonic:

The rest I may need a better look at.

Also, a close up of Rosalina:

By the way guys, don't expect the figures to look exactly like that. The world already made that mistake once. (Most comparison between the final and "e3" figures are not actually comparing to the e3 figures, they never looked all that good even back then.)

They may be the final designs, but these are either renders, or touched up photos with the ideal light conditions and ****.

Think of these like the hamburguer pictures on a fast-food restaurant, they show you a preview of what the product's gonna have, but not necesarily how it's gonna look.
Actually, from the videos I've seen on YouTube from reviewers, they look much better up close than they do in these photos. I wasn't sure about Mario and Link's Amiibos from these preview photos, but when you see them up close, they look awesome. Mario in particular has a lot of detail.

I also had thought Kirby's mouth was off center from preview photos, but it isn't.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The great ones: :rosalina::4metaknight::4dedede::4tlink::4lucario:

The ugly ones: :4shulk::4bowser::4sonic:

The rest I may need a better look at.

Also, a close up of Rosalina:

Actually, from the videos I've seen on YouTube from reviewers, they look much better up close than they do in these photos. I wasn't sure about Mario and Link's Amiibos from these preview photos, but when you see them up close, they look awesome. Mario in particular has a lot of detail.

I also had thought Kirby's mouth was off center from preview photos, but it isn't.
I suddenly retract all statements made towards Rosalina's amiibo.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I highly doubt these are final. Too nice to be mass produced.
They're not too nice to be mass produced. Sonic, Shulk, and Bowser look notably off. Sonic's arms and legs are too fat, and his nose is too big. Bowser's face looks weird and he has so many disjointed areas. And Shulk outright looks like he is suffering from "Marth face".

And while Rosalina looks awesome all around, she still has some obvious "mass production" drawbacks - the stands for both Rosalina and Luma are obnoxiously thick, her wand is far too thick and is basically a pole, the star on her wand is not hollow and has a white filling (and it also looks quite chunky), her fingers are a bit too thick considering the character is notable for having very elegant and sharp fingers (her Amiibo fingers look too round at the ends), and while her gown is mostly perfect, the part between her chest and her belly has a disjoint, rather than being seamlessly connected.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just noticed that the Rosalina one is huge. She's like a head taller than the Bowser Amiibo.

That explains why hers looks so good. And why Bowser's could be better.

Last edited:

Kirby the Hedgie

Smash Rookie
NNID
ToonKirbyTK
Now I can finally start getting my amiibo squad together, now that Sonic and Mega Man are amiibos. Still waiting for Pac-Man and my team will be complete.

D

Deleted member

I don't care how bad Shulk's face looks, it's official Shulk merchandise. This chance doesn't come every day. I might have to get Dedede too though, he looks so perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina is a definite day one. As is Sonic or Mega Man.

I will aim to get Toon Link, Meta Knight, and Dedede too. My brother will probably get Ike as well.

energonkid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Energon_kid
Switch FC
SW-5446-8459-8780
Definitely getting Toon Link and Bowser, will look nice with my Wii Fit Trainer. Might get Mega Man or Lucario too.

SilentBob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SgtFirestarter
3DS FC
1435-4126-3817
Nintendo also announced this:

Meanwhile, Nintendo of America announced a new Loot Crate Amiibo subscription service this week. Details such as prices and dates are scant for now, but according to Nintendo, "subscribers will receive 10 pre-selected Amiibo (including Mario, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, Fox, and Yoshi) separated into three special Loot Crate shipments throughout the holiday season without ever having to leave their homes."
Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2014/11/11/more-amiibos-new-wii-u-update-adds-amiibo-support/

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

So apparently, Wave 3's Amiibos will be exclusive to certain retailers. As in, each individual Amiibo in Wave 3 will be sold at specific retailers, kinda like how Hyrule Warriors had different pre-order DLC depending on the retailer.

I don't like this...

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Finally! Three of my mains and Sonic get Amiibos.

Well i know what i'm getting.

EDIT: Specific retailers? The hunt begins!

Last edited:

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
:skull:I WILL be getting all of them.... eventually :skull:

So apparently, Wave 3's Amiibos will be exclusive to certain retailers. As in, each individual Amiibo in Wave 3 will be sold at specific retailers, kinda like how Hyrule Warriors had different pre-order DLC depending on the retailer.
I don't like this...
Relax for Amazon will save the day

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord

You talking about the same pictures as in this page, right? http://www.nintendo.co.jp/amiibo/lineup/index.html Cause they're the ones I mean. They're made specifically to make the figures look as good as possible.

EDIT: Also, sucks to hear there will be retailer exclusivity. I really hope that doesn't mean they won't officially come to my country.

Last edited:

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549

I don't like this...
Hm, as a college student living away from home with no car, I prefer to order everything on Amazon, since I have Amazon Student. I hope we can still order these online. This is a dangerous path Nintendo's treading.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You talking about the same pictures as in this page, right? http://www.nintendo.co.jp/amiibo/lineup/index.html Cause they're the ones I mean. They're made specifically to make the figures look as good as possible.

EDIT: Also, sucks to hear there will be retailer exclusivity. I really hope that doesn't mean they won't officially come to my country.
Yes I mean those. The Mario and Link figures look much better up close. Mario actually has the texture for his denim modelled in, as well as creases on his overalls, but the promotional images don't make it obvious at all:

It's a similar case with Link, especially the chainmail:

The promotional images really are not doing them justice if you ask me.

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord
Those look about the same to me, the texture detail is already really easy to notice in the promotional pictures, if anything, they look far sharper, and they make it seem as if they had better colors due to the perfect shading.

Either way, my problem comes from doing comparison like these:

When the actual E3 models would look far more like the picture on the right under the same light conditions.

I'm just saying we shouldn't be taking these pictures as references on how they'll actually look, final designs or not. Otherwise, there will be dissapointed everywhere once again. So don't get excited if these previews look good, wait until you see some IRL photos.

Last edited:

BubbaDuke

Smash Apprentice
Lucario looks dumb.

Metaknight looks badass. I'll probably be picking him up.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Those look about the same to me, the texture detail is already really easy to notice in the promotional pictures, if anything, they look far sharper, and they make it seem as if they had better colors due to the perfect shading.

Either way, my problem comes from doing comparison like these:

When the actual E3 models would look far more like the picture on the right under the same light conditions.

I'm just saying we shouldn't be taking these pictures as references on how they'll actually look, final designs or not. Otherwise, there will be dissapointed everywhere once again. So don't get excited if these previews look good, wait until you see some IRL photos.
Mario's creases look less noticeable in the official images:

They are there but are harder to see, due to the lighting being so bright and static.

His texture is more visible here, but keep in mind that a paused frame of a Youtube video is not a perfect reference here.

My point is that these figures are undeniably gonna look better in person than they will in any online images, official or not, since angling and image compression are not an issue.

...Well except for Marth. He's a lost cause.

Last edited:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Samus Amiibo on Kirby and Rainbow Curse needs to turn her into Morph Ball!
Shulk Amiibo Needs to Unlock Shulk in Xenoblade Chronicles X!
Oh And Amiibo Anime Needs to happen :p

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
those ugly stands for some of the characters like Sonic and Shiek really ruin those figures. From what I used to see of these figures they had a more thinner and subtle stand, but I guess that didnt work for the figure.

Top Bottom