• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Advanced Technique: Rise Dashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajinSweet

Smash Journeyman
I like the looks of this, and if your opponent shields--you can simply run out of range since your facing away from your opponent when done.

ReiGun

Smash Cadet
This looks great. OoNoiRoO, since you've done it, how easy (or difficult) do you think it will be to counter with shielding and shield grabs?

S2

Smash Lord
I think this is a technique that real people aren't going to fall for.

The new airdodge will certainly lead to new mindgames, but this as a direct technique seems extremely counterable and puts you in danger.

Falco easily could have

1.) Attack or run/grabbed you as you appraoched.
2.) Shielded your attack and then jump attacked or smashed out of his sheild while you were recovering from your aerial.
3.) Hit you as you came out of the airdodge.
4.) Ran to safety as soon as you airdodged.

OoNoiRoO

Smash Journeyman
Well, if someone wiffs something because of it, then you now have the upper hand.

S2 brings up some good points though.

1. Depending on who goes first, either you dodge it with the rising dash or you eat it. I'd say that's half the purpose of this technique.
2. Well, I'd argue that they wouldn't be able to if you space correctly with Ike, but you're right. If you think someone is shielding your aerial attack though, then you shouldn't go for it. I think this is something we'll all have to be more careful about because of brawl's mechanics.
3. You can jump again or try to go for a trade.
4. They're running from you, I'd say that's losing half the battle.

TrueBlue23

Smash Cadet
I think this is a technique that real people aren't going to fall for.

The new airdodge will certainly lead to new mindgames, but this as a direct technique seems extremely counterable and puts you in danger.

Falco easily could have

1.) Attack or run/grabbed you as you appraoched.
2.) Shielded your attack and then jump attacked or smashed out of his sheild while you were recovering from your aerial.
3.) Hit you as you came out of the airdodge.
4.) Ran to safety as soon as you airdodged.
This. And it also seems rather slow for a real player to fall for. And due to momentum air dodging mindgames would probaly be really hard if not impossibble to pull off with this tech.

drengist

Smash Journeyman
Looks cool and everything, but I don't thing any opponent would stay still and let you hit him with this. But it would be awesome if you managed to KO someone like this with Bowser's down-B for example.

OoNoiRoO

Smash Journeyman
It comes out as fast as you jump.

But then I thought...

Why not just jump instead? lol

TrueBlue23

Smash Cadet
Hmm if its that fast then it could be useful actually. I just can't imagine using it for a mindgame due to momentum dodging. If we could still control direction easily then I could see this as extremly valuable for mindgames and startup combos.

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
It's pretty much an IAD. Sure it has different properties, but I'm not calling it Rise Dashing.
Same here. Rise Dashing is a pretty awful name. I may consider joining you in calling it IAD...I'd prefer to just call it air dodging after a jump though. Because it's not really an Advanced Technique at all.

OoNoiRoO

Smash Journeyman
If anything it's just a jumping dodge.

In which it really is...

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
how bout u just play without glitches and crazy azn techniques for fun, fun not necessarily being based on winning
EPIC LULZ!

This isnt a clitch or a 'crazy azn technique', it's airdodging and then attacking, and it's also serveredly flawed from what i can see if the peson being attacked shields and immedialtely retaliates, or even spot dodges for that matter.

I honestly cant see this being used effectively except against people who are just 'slow'.

S2

Smash Lord
Stfunerds, you probably should just stfu.

EDIT: Though I do agree that we shouldn't be trying to find "advanced techniques" as fast as possible to satisfy our Melee playstyles. Realize that this is a new game peeps.
Agreed. Advanced techs will emerge as we find them.

There is no need to try and invent them this early.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Well, if someone wiffs something because of it, then you now have the upper hand.

2. Well, I'd argue that they wouldn't be able to if you space correctly with Ike, but you're right. If you think someone is shielding your aerial attack though, then you shouldn't go for it. I think this is something we'll all have to be more careful about because of brawl's mechanics.
Yeah,it probably depends on the person whos doing it if you ask me.Like for instance,Mario.He'll have a hellva time recovering from a B-air than Ike would I think.

Gerkuman

Smash Cadet
*sighs* I guess I was deluding myself to think that there wouldn't be things like this in Brawl. Oh well, at least it'd be easier to counter this one than the melee stuff.

Sliq

Smash Master
The current air dodge system will be as applicable as the old spot dodge system for offense.

Lunaris

Smash Ace
I figured some of you might be interested in this thread, since most usable glitches are generally considered 'adv techs'
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=3810493#post3810493

it's a glitch for pikachu(thus i posted it in the pikachu forums, even though it's pretty much the first important glitch confirmed so far(afaik)). appears to extend the range of his headbutt to about gadoken-length(perhaps only for a few hits), if you've played street fighter/related series.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I'm not looking for new techs, it was just me doing it with pit. I don't have a way to record, or I'd show you the true effectiveness of this style of play.

It's advanced because it's like imputing a wavedash in between every movement like from melee. It's all speed. :D

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
I like any research on new techs, that in itself is fun. It'll be fun to try all of these techs found when Brawl comes here.
As far as the rise dash, I like it and it's just one tech to use out of many, so mixed in it can be a powerfull thing. It'll be fun to do this to my friends and even to jump out of the rise dash away from them to confuse them all the more :)

iron blade

Smash Ace
Ike Fsmash+ super armor+ rise dashing= fail.

Ike's/Marth's/Lucario's counter moves+ rise dashing= fail.

Pit's mirror sheild+ rise dashing= fail.

Don't see me as the bad guy, I'm just pointing out flaws in the tech.

Zek

Smash Ace
I don't see how this is an advanced technique. It's just a suggestion of when to use an air dodge. It doesn't even sound very effective considering how long an air dodge takes, anyone with half-decent reflexes will see it coming a mile away and turn it against you.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
we shall see...
from what I can tell, with the video of Zelda actually doing the rising dodge, theres a fair amount of lag after she dodges, as she gets punished by Ike almost immediately afterwards. It could work as a retreat, but probably not as an approach.

In any case, lets save the techs until the game comes out.

S2

Smash Lord
Stop trying to poison this game you ****ing "pros".
Leave the boards if your going to say #&$* like this.

You know very well coming in here that these boards are for competitive play. If your going to be butthurt you aren't good at the games, go do it at another board.

legendofme

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so I won't edit anything... but I'll explain.

1. Initiate a dash.

2. Then jump then immediately air dodge. The timing should be similar to a JC grab, but more lenient. You should pop up diagonally, length depends on the character.

Then

Behind your opponent now and at the peak of your rising dash, you should be free to execute actions again.

How about landing with a meaty Back air?
looks legit. Not sure if it'll be too useful though. Will see it in action when it hits shores or when some random jp guy uses it. Hopefully there will be some vids later today.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Why is this a "Rise Dash?" It's not a new technique. It's attacking after you air dodge. That's not a technique, that's a known feature. Please don't clutter the board with this nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom