• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Neutral Air Follow Ups

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I haven't really seen too much discussion about this but I figured I would be worth a shot. If this is something more suited for Q&A then I apologize. As we all know Neutral Air can autocancel after the 4th and final hit. I noticed that 0% or generally very low percents we could possibly follow up the Neutral Air with another attack. Does anyone else utilize this or know of any follows up that work after Auto Canceling Neutral Air. I was playing around with it today on some fatter characters and it seems possible to follow up. (may be able do DI away from the follow up though). Thoughts?

Sync.

Smash Champion
I know after you autocancel the neutral air you can throw out an up tilt after your lagless landing. It works really well and we all know our up tilt comes out fast.

ZTD | TECHnology

I was playing around with Up-Tilt and I couldn't work it out. But I tried F-Tilt and it seems to work. I also tried buffering a dash to use Dash attack and it seemed to work out pretty well. I was only able to hit taller characters with this though.

ZTD | TECHnology

I doubt I'll be using this much but its more options which is always cool. I'm trying to see how viable this will be during a serious match.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
usually i DACUS out of nAir

assuming all 4 hits land, the Mortar usually adds a bit of extra damage if they dont pay attention

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I mainly use autocancelled Nair to bait opponents expecting to punish landing lag. I never expect it to hit and use short-hopped Nair sparingly to go for the KO/rack up damage.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I generally just ftilt or run away..depends on the character and what they're gonna do but the same tricks dont work twice, still best to always AC this

shielding is probably your best bet with this most of the time depending on character cuz most will attack you, especially someone with a quick kill move like fox and his usmash

Top Bottom