• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness's Moveset Discussion - Rediscussion of Current Moves

Levitas

the moon
READ THIS

I want immediate feedback on the following:

I'm doing frame data for some characters including ness, and I want to collect input data on ATs of his as well (windows to do stuff in, etc).

I'll do the firebound or whatever (his zap jump thing), but I need to know if there are other techniques or inputs you want me to test with frame precision. The sooner you get back to me, the more likely that I'll be able to do it.

xoxokev

Smash Lord
READ THIS

I want immediate feedback on the following:

I'm doing frame data for some characters including ness, and I want to collect input data on ATs of his as well (windows to do stuff in, etc).

I'll do the firebound or whatever (his zap jump thing), but I need to know if there are other techniques or inputs you want me to test with frame precision. The sooner you get back to me, the more likely that I'll be able to do it.
...i think PK Jump is Ness' only real advanced technique :(

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I can't think of any either, nothing that doesn't involve PKF. XD
Are PKT2 stuff considered ATs?
Lagless/lag cancels/etc. might be, but those don't really require frame daterz... Right? Like, shieldscraping doesn't really need frame data that differs from PKT...

Everything else pretty much falls under mindgamez, I think.

Levitas

the moon
Ok, I'll get the input for PK fire stuff and leave the rest for the time being unless someone brings something else up.

Oh, did you guys know that if you land a full PK flash on the other guys's shield right on top of you, you get a guaranteed grab on them?

Ness's inputs for his pk fire stuff turns out to be exactly the same as lucas's.

frame 0- you input jump
frame 1- you input pk fire[if you want the reverse thing, do the pk fire backwards]
frame 2- doesn't matter
frame 3- doesn't matter
frame 4- [if you did the reverse pk fire, you must hit the direction you want it to fire in on this frame or it will just be a reverse pk fire and not a wavebounce]

If it helps to clarify, frame 0 and 1 are all that matter for a normal pk jump or whatever, and the brackets also matter if you want to do that pk jump thing where ness moves backwards (which is a reverse side b reversal, which we've been calling a wavebounce)

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Ugh...need to update (for realz this time) :urg:

Levitas, if you are still doing frame data work, can you find at what frame Ness calls out PK Thunder? Or is it not possible?

_clinton

Smash Master
I'm looking at the fastest PKT2 time that someone can do...I've compared PKT2 to fire fox and fire bird...PKT2 takes longer...but it isn't by much...so I want to know by how much...and I don't have any real equipment for testing frame data overall other than taking a bin file and turning the replay into a screen by screen event...which I really, really don't want to do (even if it is just that easy)

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Ok, I'll get the input for PK fire stuff and leave the rest for the time being unless someone brings something else up.

Oh, did you guys know that if you land a full PK flash on the other guys's shield right on top of you, you get a guaranteed grab on them?
When you say full PK Flash, do you literally mean a full PK Flash?
Because Ness can't release a fully charged PK Flash on a level floor if he doesn't jump.

Ness's inputs for his pk fire stuff turns out to be exactly the same as lucas's.

frame 0- you input jump
frame 1- you input pk fire[if you want the reverse thing, do the pk fire backwards]
frame 2- doesn't matter
frame 3- doesn't matter
frame 4- [if you did the reverse pk fire, you must hit the direction you want it to fire in on this frame or it will just be a reverse pk fire and not a wavebounce]
Hmm... it's good to know it all uses the same system.

Levitas

the moon
Ugh...need to update (for realz this time) :urg:

Levitas, if you are still doing frame data work, can you find at what frame Ness calls out PK Thunder? Or is it not possible?
I'll recheck which is which, but I'm pretty sure the yell happens on frame 2 (takes a lot of time to say, though), earliest hit is 20, and the buzzing sound cues at 21.

Note that this is a weird qualifier because the sound is cued on a frame, but may have some space on either side before you actually hear the yell start.

Top Bottom