• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness vs. MetaKnight

_clinton

Smash Master
People, why can't we just get along? Canon wise Ness beats MK 100-0, SSBB match MK chances are has the advantage by a little at the very least.

_clinton

Smash Master
Canon wise he does win, after all he beats everyone in brawl canon wise soundly except Lucas.

Teh Future

Smash Master
ness ***** mk imo backthrow is so dumb once mk is at 100 + he should just run off the ledge and thats only if you manage to avoid the bs ness has that kills at 80% anyways broken best character in the game imo

Chuee

Smash Hero
Your a pit main.
Pit gets hard countered by Lucas because he kills pit earlier and he beats pit in the air.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Yes, and ur argument of making the MU better because of that useless AT where you must put your fingers like a handicap or have to change controlls makes GREAT sense.

This MU is 55-45 Ness favour because apperantly PK jumps makes the MU a lot better, cool didn't know that.

MKs speed annoys you in "some" instances, then stay away from that kind of instances, eezeepeezee.

You obviously don't have a lot of knowledge about Ness.

YOU ARE AN IDIOT IF YOU SAY THAT ABOUT ME!!!

NESS MATCH IRL!!! RIGHT NOW!!!...

wait. that wouldn't work too well.

It's not making your fingers hurt/handicapped by any means. You just need to have fast fingers, like I do. If you don't know that, YOU're the one who doesn't know anything. PK jump isn't difficult unless you are completely idiotic/stubborn/high/missing a hand/finger. You just have to practice a bit on the timing. Timing is the only problem. The action with the shoulder button makes absolutely no difference. The flicking the analog stick quickly is absolutely no problem; it takes skill to do, however. If you can't do that, or are arguing against a good usage of an old technique, you are the one who doesn't know ness.

THE MU IS DEFINITELY NOT IN FAVOR OF NESS!!!! ARE YOU AN IDIOT?!?!?! DO YOU KNOW HOW EASY IT IS FOR MK TO GIMP NESS EVEN WITH OUR PERFECT DI AND RECOVERY?!?!?! Trust me, MK isn't easy. He is easy in some cases, but any good MK who knows ness will have the upperhand by just a little bit.

AYOUB, STOP TROLLING OUR BOARDS!!!

you're ten times worse than chuee in terms of ignorance, and that's difficult.

EDIT:

w/e might as well reply to this.

Ayoub, you overrate Ness' strengths in the MU and don't even list anything MK has on Ness.
Ness kills mk earlier? Yeah, maybe if you can get a grab, which mk can avoid really well, at like 115-120% before he Dsmashs you or gimps you.
Avoiding gimps with good DI? lol every character in the cast can avoid gimps with good DI <.< Also try DIing a grab release.
"can kill fast with PKt2 mindgames" LOL
"His nair is a great tool to use out of sheild. Can punish a lot of things MK does on sheild." Yeah, if mk leaves his spacing at home.
"Groundgame. MK outranges Ness at this. But ness doesn't do too bad." Not too bad? What does Ness have, a jab and a grab? MKs dtilt and ftilt outrange both by a lot and are prety safe on your shield.
"MK wouldnt go offstage a lot to try and gimp you anyway, since he risks a kill on 50-60% for that. =)" Yeah, mk can force a PKT onstage hes that good.
I actually agree with chuee for once... which is pretty funny.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
ignorance has no relation to intelligence. I know some very intelligent people who are also very ignorant.

GET @ ME!

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
This thread is just one big troll or totally ********.
I haven't decided yet.

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
ness ***** mk imo backthrow is so dumb once mk is at 100 + he should just run off the ledge and thats only if you manage to avoid the bs ness has that kills at 80% anyways broken best character in the game imo
That's all I hear on these boards "Ness' bthrow is so brokenz0rz so he wins". Good MK's aren't just going to get grabbed by Ness' Trex arms so easily. Also, if you try to aircamp MK he's just guna go under you and uair you.

As far as a ratio goes, it feels like 60:40 on most stages, close to even on Brinstar. 65:35 at worst.

EDIT: Ness can be easy to gimp if you get predictable on your recovery.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
No, just becuase some Ness mains have beaten top MKs doesn't mean the MU is better than 60-40.
There's plenty of characters that have terrible MU's against MK that have beaten top MKs.
Stingers beat Tearbear with ROB which is supposedly a 70-30 MU.
San beat Judge with Ike and that MU is really bad for Ike.
X beat Tyrant with Sonic and that MU isn't very good for Sonic.
You can't just say the MU is better because one player outplayed the other and had more knowledge of the MU than the other.
Rob MK isn't 70-30. That's just Robs mains being Rob mains.
San is insane. Point taken.
Sonic MK isn't bad. 60-40 probably. Also X is insane and point taken.
Main thing was the Rob thing.

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
What's going on here? lol

At the peak of both their games, Ness has little chance vs MK. Offstage is a completely huge disadvantage. Properly spaced DAir by MK will ruin many options. You'd be lucky to not lose a stock. DAir is just a pain in this MU period.
FAir is useful of course in this as the hitbox is awesome for it but there's really only so much you can do with it.
UThrow to PK Thunder is probably your best option out of a grab because MK is a slow faller.
MK's short hop FAir isn't safe on shield.
Ness's BThrow kills at around 105%+ when fresh vs MK.
PK Fire is kinda slow for this MU but using it sparingly at low/mid % is acceptable.
Tornado is still powerful in this MU even if a few of our moves go through it. I'm fairly certain the moves we have that go through are FAir, PK Fire, and a BAir placed towards the upper side of tornado. (The spacing is precise) Oh, probably PK Flash as well but lol.

I'm not gonna put much else. I've been really trying to test a few things out for this MU but generally I've been using a secondary for him. :( I have alot of thoughts in my head about this still, but without testing them; I'd never want to post them.

As far as numbers are concerned, I know I might get some hate for this but MK beats Ness rather solidly at top levels. I know there are exceptional Ness players who have done extremely well and I'm not taking away anything from them because they have put in the work and believe in Ness as a character..... but Ness only wins this MU when the PLAYER using MK is less skilled or less knowledgeable. That's kind of Ness's thing. He's overlooked and it bites people in the ***.
65:35 is my number, maybe 60:40. no less.

<3 Ness regardless.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
5 pages of posts just to get to the same conclusion of the MU as last time. "6-4 MU" Can we @ least state our reasons for it being 6-4. You can't just rely all of you MU's on individual players skills and tourney meetings. San is and exception as well as X is. You can say the same thing for Shaky. Lets analyze the character not the players please.

_clinton

Smash Master
What is to say about it being 6:4? MK gimps Ness and has kill options on him as well that are only slightly better because of his grab release because MK's kill options already don't suck, of course it is at least 6:4.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I told you guys that pkjump beats nado... Either that or fh pkfire.

Ness can be gimped fairly easily by mk, even with our perfect recovering. Dair is that annoying for mk.

If the ness is smart though and doesn't get below the stage when offstage, the gimping isn't a problem. Simple enough if you know what you're doing.

Mk has good, quick killing options that do well in countering some of ness' stuff (upb gets our aerials, dsmash is obnoxious, nair is meh, nado off top shouldn't be too bad as long as you don't jump into uair strings... Umm... Dair near the ledge gets us to a bad spot for recovery). Ness can punish a bit of the spam, but not lots of it (uair can get a runaway nado to a platform, bair for some of the attacks that aren't too great of range slightly below/above, so that ness can slip in slightly, nair for speedy punish, dashattack can get anyone at a distance if placed well, fsmash (I think) beats mk fsmash in range, dsmash can beat some of mk's attacks in range, grab>bthrow is good for perfect shield or shielding some moves that you can get the grab out of easily).

It all depends. I say 55:45. If the mk knows ness well, it's 60:40... But I don't know.

Teh Future

Smash Master
real talk:

ness grab >> mk

any time mk is trying to grab you on the ground you should be grabbing him.

the only way for him to play safe at high percents is..... oh wait he can't. bthrow is dumb which forces him in the air. and then hes in the air.

shaky and fow both shown ness does fine against mk. lmao at 65-35

Bartolon

Smash Lord
shaky and fow both shown ness does fine against mk
Stupid argument, the MK's really didn't know what to do at all but ok.

I think it's 55-45 for MK.

Don't approach MK be patient and try to punish and run, shff fair is better than fh fair in this MU because of the punishing options MK has on our fair when it's fullhopped.
Dair won't come that handy in this MU so try to not use it too often. Nair is really important in this Matchup, it's probably the most important move he has against MK.

We can pivot grab his dash attack when we time it right, and our fair (when spaced right) goes through his tornado and PKF can be used sometimes. And Eagle I don't see any reason why you would do a PK jump when he uses nado, I think it's a bad option overall (vs MK at least)
MK will punish us hard if we mistime it (A high chance).

I think it isn't that good of a idea to stay a lot in the air at all, I know that ness his ground game is poor, but try to be alot on the ground and don't fullhop alot instead use shorthops.

I'll see if I add something later.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
This thread is just one big troll or totally ********.
I haven't decided yet.
Wow this.

Okay guys, I'm glad after so many pages of trolling and spam you decided to be men again. If I see any more obvious trolling I'm infracting.

Top Bottom