• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness vs. MetaKnight

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Haha Bartolon. Fair enough...

By the way Bart, there is this international exchange student in one of my classes from the Netherlands. Sooooooooooooo pretty.:colorful:

milesg2g

Smash Champion
People are actually starting to say Lucas is better than Ness. Apparently, he does better in the oli MU and the MK MU :laugh:

_clinton

Smash Master
I don't see how he does better in the Oli MU, and good on people saying Lucas is starting to be better, lets just hope it doesn't knock Ness down again in low tier or something (despite the fact that people have been saying Ness is better as well).

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Oli MU? I can see the easy auto-canceling aerials providing lucas mains such an argument, but I don't see much else... nearly every attack is electric based apart from PKfire for lucas (I know, jab, dtilt, uair, stick, etc... but they don't allow a large amount of variation in attacks.), and a smart Oli will play to that... I'd assume. If not, I'm gonna tell them that...

Then again, I don't see a lot in ness' favor.

MK... Maybe Lucas' PKfire can pressure slightly better... That's not the entire matchup though. It gives it almost an even feeling.

Ness v Lucas is in Ness' favor though...

Main point of post: should I make a thread about overall, specific discussions of moves? Like not a list of combos and not a guide, but a compendium of knowledge on all of the moves and their usages... even what isn't particularly recommended, but rating and showing things based on what is most useful (decrease font size of little things that make no difference).

I've got stuff for dtilt to help. I might make a random video with my iPhone camera. I've got PSImag stuff. I'm working on some ideas for PKfire and PKjump...

I might need some help with this, but I wanna ensure that this'll be a continuous project and not fade out, like many other things have done. I'll make subsections for situations, like On Ledge/Above Ledge/Below Ledge offstage (distant v far), Onstage, Above stage, Above opponent (on and offstage), distant (list characters to not PKT or PKfire against and give short explanations why), etc.

This might end up being longer than stuff like Ref's guide and EB360's guide... but in assuming that people know the ATs and moves in general, it'll cut down things significantly.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I guess because Lucas can push oli away. But that's not the discussion. I think Ness does better than Lucas in MK MU. lol

_clinton

Smash Master
Lucas does not suck, canon wise he pretty much beats everyone except for Ness, who he ties with (of course Ness' team>Lucas' team still)

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I guess it's unneeded then...

Don't have time anyways.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Ok so we can all agree that this MU is 6:4 which is fine.

Now we need to discuss how to play MK.

MK to me is a character that you must and I mean absolutely must Out space w/ Fair.

I know that may sound like generic MU advice but it's essential w/ this MU.

If the MK plays stationary, you too must play stationary and predict his approachs w/ your own and Fair.

If the MK plays aggro, you too must play aggro and out space his Ariels w/ Fair and Nair him once you're in a close position.

Top Bottom