• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness' Throws

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I'm guessing 110-120% would be when to start watching out for the bthrow. There isn't really a proper way to DI the bthrow consistently either; the knockback already sends you almost straight towards a corner. DI up and you'll die off the ceiling sooner, DI down and you die off the side. I would especially recommend against DI'ing down though actually; you'll die off the side earlier and you'll be in position for Ness to edgeguard you if you survive. The main thing in surviving the bthrow is just momentum cancel; do a fast aerial as soon as you get out of hitstun, fast-fall, and then do whatever you have to do to recover. If I had to choose where to DI though I'd probably say up; most stages ceilings are farther away than the horizontal blast zones.

Living at 126% is pretty decent. I've killed MK's with bthrow below 90% because they DI'ed down ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klR8TR3F7rk 3:11-3:17), and Ally has lived through my (stale) bthrow at like 160% as CF because he's Ally ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5G44lwJNiU&feature=related 2:33-2:37)

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
The problem with surviving a bthrow is that smart Ness players keep it fresh, I don't go for the bthrow kill until I am very certain it will kill. Depending on the stage, your best bet it to DI up and towards the stage, do your quickest aerial (meaning not the fastest aerial to come out, but the one that has the least amount of active frames), and jump/do any other momentum stopping technique (like G&W's bucket).

Smash DI doesn't work on throws btw. Just worry about DIing the throw.

As for Ice Climbers, I recommend throwing the Ice Climber as quickly as possible. Unlike in 64, when Ness is psycho-kinetically twirling the opponent, it doesn't hurt anyone else around like Mario/Luigi's bthrow. Meaning Ness is vunerable while pk throwing an Ice Climber, just keep that in mind. Go for the dthrow and you will probably burn other Ice Climber if they aren't desynched since the other Ice Climber will be close enough. I don't recommend pummeling at all unless you have time.

whomeyayou

Smash Rookie
If you watch Ness's U-throw in slow motion, it is by far the most badass way to KO someone. Sure, they have to be at a ridiculously high percentage (not practical for competitive) to do this, but if you're going for style points, it is a sure winner. Ness's B-throw has Ness levitating them and tossing them behind him, but U-throw has him whirling them around his head before pointing his fingers into the air.

Sometimes, you just have to go for the style points

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
definitely worth pulling off in friendlies, idk anyone it would work on except jiggs, and even she would have to be past 150% im sure lol.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
I killed Peach at around 110% with uair during friendlies. Basically it will kill floaties around 100%.
Fixed.

I think I already said this before, but a good use for uthrow is when your opponent is at high % and you're two stocks ahead of him. :evil:

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Here is how/when I use each throw.

Fthrow is when I am near an edge or if the opponent is above 75%.
Dthrow to at most 50%, less for light-weights/floaters.
do you mean to switch those around?

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I killed Peach at around 180% with uair during friendlies. Basically it will kill floaties around 200%.
Meant uthrow, not uair. Uair kills like 100% earlier than uthrow, but since it was a friendly I was just prolonging the suffering of my friend and finally decided to finish it with the uthrow for laughs (nobody expects the uthrow kill instead of bthrow kill).

do you mean to switch those around?
Why would I switch those two? Dthrow when the opponent is below 50% does 8% damage + followup aerial damage (most likely an fair) as opposed to just 11% from fthrow. Fthrow is a better option at above 50% than dthrow because you won't get anywhere near your opponent for the follow up attack, so going for the 11% damage from fthrow is better than 8% damage from dthrow. Fthrow near an edge is better than dthrow near an edge for obvious reasons.

Top Bottom