• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Tech Names are Complete

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
EDIT: So while I'm dodging all your gunshots that I told you to use on me, I'll be looking at this some more.
I give you my word, give it two months of people actually trying to use this stuff in conversation... it won't stick.
I know it's being a downer, but. . . this is the kind of stuff character boards get mocked for. We should stop the diversions and freaking play the kid. We could have come out of this with a toolset to aid discussion IRL and make us more hyped about getting our Nesses out there. Code words like murder choke make it easier to talk about Ganon at a tourney; we have not done the same here.

In two weeks, if I just have recordings from the tournament I'll go to, I oughtta straighten our boards out myself. Lord knows Ref won't do it.* And our actual placing guru MTR seems - and this is fine - content to lead purely by walking the path. Uffe. . . is spared my judgment, for now.

*Yes, I am calling you out. Defend yourself or ignore me. The masses will decide. If you say you didn't ask to be worshipped around here, that's fine too. But own up to being no one yet, or prove you're somebody.

I just can't take this nonactivity any more, it's driving me mad. No one else is going to advance Ness, do you - everyone here - do you get that? Either you're with me, or I have nothing to say around here anymore. It may look sudden, but if you can at all believe what I'm saying, you know it to be true.
Ness is better than this.
Umm, like eb360 said, you can't just pull tactics out of nowhere. You can also only advance a character so far in such a short period of time. Point is fun is part of the game. Don't you think people had fun experimenting with all those PK fire tactics like EB360 did and wrote about? Don't you think I had fun collecting my frame data? Don't you think I had fun doing anything I did? Fun is not a bad thing. We can have as much fun as we want.

Point is we have advanced a character, and have had fun doing it the inactivity we feel now is because you can't pull out tactics from no where. You actually have to experiment and take time.

I have nothing to prove. For proof is there. Go ahead and look through all the threads I made, you'll find some stupid ones and think about how dumb I am that'll be like 3 or 4 maybe more. Or you can look at all the information every other one besides the dumb ones carry. I don't get the point of calling me out like that, just because maybe Ness hasn't come up with anything new for a while.

You can also go ahead and look at my tourney placements, all of them. You'll see like last place maybe like 20 times and some really good ones. I've gotten 9th out of 167. I've also gotten last out of like 13. I won't discuss how many times I gave up and decided not to play the match, because a last place placement is last place, go ahead see I have no same in that. Point is players I meet, people who read my post, and people I play respect me because they know the work I did, they know how good my Ness is, I hang out with high level players who play me because my Ness can give them a challenge.

What is the point of calling me out, telling me to prove I'm somebody when if I was nobody I could never receive the respect I do. I work for Ness and fun. If you don't like fun then go ahead place in tourneys criticizes Ness players for having fun. Fun leads to new tactics as well does seriousness. For example I worked in my room just thinking of dumb stuff to get Ness out of grab release combos. I'll say it wasn't fun but it helped Ness. The same way I had fun collecting frame data, advancing how you play Ness...

Nobody could get this respect if they did nothing and were nobody. I help people and I have fun. Look, I see that you want seriousness but the thing is fun has helped us come up with this stuff. Imagine if raising the roof turned out to be some out of shield defense because it was named that, like what if it becomes Zero suit samus' up tilt out of spot dodge or shield because some Ness liked the name and started using it. Fun is helping us advance.

I didn't really participate in this topic because I couldn't really find many names I liked, it was hard to choose between the ones I did.

I worked for Ness advancement and gained respect. There is no need to call me out, for like I've said before respect is something you gain by doing stuff. I did stuff, everyone gains each others respect here because they do things. I personally love seeing EB360's comments. I love being flamed by Ademisk at times. I love getting remarks from sage even when negative. Point is contribution makes you somebody. Everyone is somebody if they contribute to anything, even if it is only the fun parts. Like Uffe has my respect for doing entertaining things on the boards. I look forward to seeing new topics.

I really don't mind if the topic was from the mario boards saying how Ness is nothing against fludd. It was fun and gave us something to discuss.

So yeah don't worry about the fun stuff. The boards are in shape. It's not like nobody will pay attention if you post that Ness has a 0 to death on 10 characters just because there is a fun topic.

Don't worry about the shape the boards, we can be competitive and fun. There is no problem with that. When something competitive comes you can best believe that we will always look at it even if the board is full of I like Ness topics.

Umm I hope that answers everything you needed.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
It was fun collecting it, if not I probably wouldn't have done it.

Uffe

Smash Hero
It was fun collecting it, if not I probably wouldn't have done it.
I'm going to admit something. I had no fun making a list of what percent it took for PKT2 to kill Ness' opponents. I only did it because I felt the need to know when the best time to use it. I also did it for you guys.

GotenOnNimbus

Smash Apprentice
=D My suggestions made it. Awesome. I knew my unhealthy obsession with the game when I was younger would pay off in some fashion.

It definitely should be Starman Surprise, though. Makes mo' sense.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I remember when I thought I can up with psykick. But it turns out PSIkick is pronounced the same way (curse you l337). So I'll vote for that one just to be sure

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Well, I was just about to put my own thread up for being closed, with a message like

"Looks like I'm getting less positive reception than I hoped. Oh well.
I can't help but think if I were in charge of a modern Ness guide I could impose my names on you all. That's how it happened elsewhere. :laugh:"

And then let it be.

But it's been closed. D:

Well, I plan to have fun with these at the events I attend (I think I will go for an anime-style Name-my-attack-as-I-use-it technique), so I suppose we'll all just see if any names take off.
I really think Giant Step could stick, but I am forced to acknowledge the ephemerality of the others.

O' course Sparkles hanging around was a given to begin with.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
I remember when I thought I can up with psykick. But it turns out PSIkick is pronounced the same way (curse you l337). So I'll vote for that one just to be sure
What's wrong with l33t? ITZ TEH AWESOMERZ!!11!1!

If you mean me, why? I gave you naming credit.

Top Bottom