• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness...Speech Impediment??

Uffe

Smash Hero
I thought the voice behind Lucas was the person who did the voice acting for Rouge the Bat.

Meccs

@Meccs_
for me they've sounded like a number of things:
PK Thunder > PK Thundah
PK Fire > PK Fayah
PK Flash (Oh God) > PK Cross, PK Crush, PK Crash, PK Flosh, and tons more. (depending on how I'm listening to it)

Kros

Smash Apprentice
Ness was so caught up in his adventure that He forgot completely about school.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
When I first used Ness's PK Fire, I thought it went PK Pie-ya. I thought his accent got worse.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I thought that was Pit. Scary, isn't it?
There is a possibility that the two voices could have been done by the person who did the VA for Rouge the Bat. I'm pretty sure the VA used for Ness also does the one for Kirby. I don't know, they could have found someone else. Hearing the voices alone sound scary. But having a face for those voices make them sound pretty okay. :laugh: I remember first hearing Pit's voice and I thought, "Oh gosh! He sounds like April O'Neal from TMNT!" XD Falco was Raphael from TMNT, too. :laugh:

Uffe

Smash Hero
Interesting. I learned something new today. haha.
Also I think the "th" is usually replaced with an "s". My real name is Jonathan and in Japanese it's spelled Jonasan. Also Marth's Japanese name I believe is Mars. Another thing to look at is Planet Zebes. I believe it's originally called Planet Zebeth. One more thing you can look at is Aeris from Final Fantasy. Isn't her name Aerith? This is just my theory, though. I don't know Japanese at all. I mean I used to be able to read Katakana with almost no problem, but I can't anymore.

Also "v" is usually replaced with "b" in Japanese.

Ace55

Smash Lord
Ness was desperately trying to say : "I think he's got an infinite on me" to Sakurai during the development proces. Sadly, due to his speech impediment, all Sakurai understood was: "I think he wants to get intimate with me" so Sakurai gave him a speech about how Marth is not gay and wears his tiara for his sister bla bla bla...

Uffe

Smash Hero
You missed out on Mother and Mother 3. Why isn't there any PK Beam anymore?

PK = Psychokenesis/Psychokenetic
PSI = Psionic

Either way they're both psychic abilities. Plus saying PSI Thunder would take longer to say than PK Thunder.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
I guess the change was because in the JPN Mother, Almost all spells were called PK, except for Magnet(PSI), or was it in Mother 2? Anyway, I guess the American localization group wanted it to be consistent and named them PSI.

FuPoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SplashWoman
spells offensive in nature are called PK

while defensive/support are called PSI

...but thats just what me and my other friends think

edit: pretty much Uffe's post up there ^^^

Uffe

Smash Hero
not if he pronounced it "cye"
I pronounce it Pea Ess Eye. That's how I heard it first. You may say, "Well where are the periods to seperate PSI?" Well where are they to seperate PK? Still you can say it however you like, I'm not stopping you, I'm just saying how I say it. :)

andyzond

Smash Cadet
thats odd... I always thought of PSI as prounouced "cye" while whenever I saw PK, I thought "Pee Kay", maybe because PSI would be easier to actually say, and is part of real words? PK isn't really part of real words so I just assumed it was an abbreviation. *Shrug*

However I always thought the way he drags out "Okay" is amusing. Kinda like "oooooooouu-kaaaayyyuh". He kinda sounds a little slow there, ah well. I've gotten used to his odd accent ^^

and P.s. (i): If Ness is in the next game tho, they had better give him Psi Rockin' as a final smash, because "Psi Rockin" is just too cool of a sounding attack to not include.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
PSI Rockin' needs to be his next Final Smash, Big Rock Ending included, guitar and everything.

Ness: "O-kay! IT'S SOLO TIIIIME!"

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I always hear "Froushu" because they didn't give him another voice actor for any other regions. English words are extremely difficult for some Japanese speakers because we use syllables that they don't. A Japanese person would never have to say "Thun" or "Der" so they improvise, making it "Tunda" and PK Fire "Fiya".

...is it just me or does my sig not show up?

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
...And there it is, yay

Top Bottom