• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Ness Ness. What do you hate about Ness personally?

PKNintendo

Smash Master
For me, there's alot of things that I love about Ness. He's a plain badass, he's fun, he's never stays down even after all of this crap was discovered about him, EB FTW e.c.t.

But for me, he's VA is pretty bad, and he sounds pitiful after he get's KOed. Thats it. What about you?

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Gimps X_X

Other than that, yeah a little more character depth would be cool, but we already learn a lot about him. His style is rockin`!

Uffe

Smash Hero
Probably his recovery. I really don't have a problem with anything else. Actually, I wish his tilts were longer.

Shaky

Smash Ace
Ness is too good. Everything about him is good, so there is nothing to hate.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
The Japenese form of Pk Flash is Pk Furashu. The u is either silent or said very fast though. That's why people hear fross or cross/craush or something like that.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Can't stand how anyone can just jump into your PKT, and you instantly fall to your death. If it was like Lucas's, I'd be happy.

Lil'E

Smash Apprentice
Lack of PK Rockin(or PK Kiai) for sure.
Lack of Paralysis.
Lack of PK Teleport(as Recovery) and Yoyo tether. Although, PK Thunder is just too good(but gimps DO NOT WANT).
Lack of Shield.

I could probably go on and on. I guess I really dislike the fact that he doesn't have his own moveset from the game.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I could probably go on and on. I guess I really dislike the fact that he doesn't have his own moveset from the game.
He did, but Lucas interrupted. Well, if you think about it, Ness does have his own moveset. The only similarities are PK Fire, Thunder, Stick and PSI Magnet. I wouldn't consider PK Flash and Freeze as really similar.

Lil'E

Smash Apprentice
I think I worded it wrong. :X

What I mean to say was that I wished he actually used some PSI that he learns in Earthbound other than Flash.

Unless I misunderstood what you were trying to point out. D:

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Yeah I like ness` movset for the most part, but it would be really cool if all/most of his smashes and aerials etc were bat attacks (he only uses a bat in his games, not fists or kicks or PSI powered hand things) and his specials were rockin` and hypnosis and other stuffz.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I think I worded it wrong. :X

What I mean to say was that I wished he actually used some PSI that he learns in Earthbound other than Flash.

Unless I misunderstood what you were trying to point out. D:
I misunderstood you.

@ PKSkyler: He punches and kicks in EarthBound. Well, we don't really have any visual of him doing this, but I'd assume that's what he does when his Bat isn't equipped. (I actually went into my first fight without Ness holding his Bat.)

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Yeah I like ness` movset for the most part, but it would be really cool if all/most of his smashes and aerials etc were bat attacks
The only attack I see with a bat is nair. All of the other ones would look too weird with the bat.

I hate the fact that Ness doesn't have his double jump ping anymore. I really miss that :(. Other than that, there really isn't anything that I dislike about Ness.

Uffe

Smash Hero
QFT

I wish his yoyos were in 64 form and his he was able to do pk teleport and have a reflector.
I'm not sure if it's the PSI Shield that reflects, but it'd be cool if his PSI Magnet could absorb and reflect at the same time. It wouldn't make sense, but it'd be really cool. As for that ping sound, I never really pay any attention to it, but I do wish they had kept it.

petrie911

Smash Journeyman
Bat really needs to be faster, or perhaps less laggy. But regardless, the thing I hate most about Ness are grab releases. What was Sakurai thinking? The frame advantage should obviously always go to the player who broke out of the grab. But no...

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Bat really needs to be faster, or perhaps less laggy. But regardless, the thing I hate most about Ness are grab releases. What was Sakurai thinking? The frame advantage should obviously always go to the player who broke out of the grab. But no...
Did he do that on purpose? Why do only Ness and Lucas suffer from grab releases? He difinately has something against Mother.
SAAAKKUURRRAAAAAAIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Did he do that on purpose? Why do only Ness and Lucas suffer from grab releases? He difinately has something against Mother.
SAAAKKUURRRAAAAAAIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!
Sakurai hates Mother obviously.

Fate hates mother.
(EB removed from the Trial in all other country's except Japan? LOL)

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I had a dream that EarthBound came to Virtual console.

Then I woke up and was sad.

...:urg:

Lizard

Smash Ace
I do miss DJC (Double Jump Cancelling). Made Ness's game in melee so good in melee....

Don't get me wrong, i don't think ness needs it in this game...... but it could help....

He technically does have it, but only with special moves.... and items for some odd reasons.

Very frustrating when you are fighting a ZSS, you throw a armor piece back at him from off the stage, and go strait back down. I used to always forget that crap. Diddy's bananas, bombs, turnips etc......

whomeyayou

Smash Rookie
Better final smash (for fun, ya know?), better less gimpable recovery, faster bat, and maybe some items from EB. Seriously, some of the items in EB were pretty ridiculous (monkey's love anyone?)
Also, Paula/Jeff/Poo should have been in Brawl.

I don't really care about whether the voice acting is terrible, as long as its there.

Oh yeah: I never thought that the yo-yos were that big of a part in EB. Sure, its available for the first few towns, but no one I know buys it or recommends buying it (accuracy reduction at the cost of power), and after the middle of the game there are no more upgrades, and the bat trumps as the main weapon. So maybe something different for the up and down smash.

Lucas has got nothin' on Ness. He can't even teleport.

Lizard

Smash Ace
Down smash is pretty unreliable..... so fast, but slow at the same time... i don;t know how that makes sense

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
It comes out quickly and it lasts a long time, but the nature of it kinda makes that somewhat unimportant. I just hate how fickle it can be. If it worked like 64's yo-yo, I would be all for it. It should've only had the weaker hitbox on a charge, but I dunno how that would be programmed.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I hate his terrible fair, bthrow, and up special.

Seriously, bthrow has like no knockback at all at low percents (when it matters most) and if you were using it right, it wont kill until like 150%.
Fair is crap cuz it's got like no knockback.
Up special is just dumb. It only goes straight up and last forever. Dedede can fully charge smash you if you miss. It also doesnt recover.

TRAMD

Smash Cadet
I miss Ness' bat (quicker), Dair (just seemed easier to time a spike) and Bair (better range and priority) from Melee but I guess Usmash and PKT/PKT2 were improved in Brawl . . .

Lizard

Smash Ace
I hate his terrible fair, bthrow, and up special.

Seriously, bthrow has like no knockback at all at low percents (when it matters most) and if you were using it right, it wont kill until like 150%.
Fair is crap cuz it's got like no knockback.
Up special is just dumb. It only goes straight up and last forever. Dedede can fully charge smash you if you miss. It also doesnt recover.
Quoted fot truth

Uffe

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if EB360 is being sarcastic or really writing the things he hates.

Top Bottom