• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness haters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
If you spam Side B, and I mean SPAM. Like 3-4 side b's in a row, then I'll hate you.

If you side B FOR THE SOLE PROPOSE of getting a grab, and I mean EXCLUSIVELY for getting a grab, like, not using it to interrupt, not or not using it to get out of a tight spot, and I see that, then I'll hate you.

If you don't do these things, then I'll respect you as a smash player. I won't complain about how early your up B to hitting yourself can kill super early, (If you hit that, then you deserve the kill/damage) Your back throw is fine, every character needs some sort of extra kill option.
If you stand there and take 3-4 Pk fires and cannot punish me.. I'll laugh at you. If you can never manage to escape Pk fire before I grab you... I'll laugh at you... If you call me a spammer because of this I won't respect you as a smash player, because you are full of excuses and not solutions to my attacks, and you don't try looking for ways to improve your game.

Last edited:

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
If you spam Side B, and I mean SPAM. Like 3-4 side b's in a row, then I'll hate you.

If you side B FOR THE SOLE PROPOSE of getting a grab, and I mean EXCLUSIVELY for getting a grab, like, not using it to interrupt, not or not using it to get out of a tight spot, and I see that, then I'll hate you.

If you don't do these things, then I'll respect you as a smash player. I won't complain about how early your up B to hitting yourself can kill super early, (If you hit that, then you deserve the kill/damage) Your back throw is fine, every character needs some sort of extra kill option.
If you stand there and take 3-4 Pk fires and cannot punish me.. I'll laugh at you. If you can never manage to escape Pk fire before I grab you... I'll laugh at you... If you call me a spammer because of this I won't respect you as a smash player, because you are full of excuses and not solutions to my attacks, and you don't try looking for ways to improve your game.

Last edited:

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
As a Dedede main, I have extreme troubles sometimes dealing with even the simplest of Ness's strategies due to DDD's size and weight, but by no means do I want Nesses to change their playstyle so that I have a better matchup against them. While I won't argue with people who think Ness has some "cheap" moves, I think that they aren't broken. Even for Dedede, Ness is by no means our worst matchup (LOOKING AT YOU YA STINKIN' BLUE HEDGEHOG!), and seeing as though even Dedede can still work around all of Ness's options, Ness is not broken, and in competitive play he is not cheap. The character was simply designed to work in a very unorthodox way, and so a skilled Ness player uses skill in a very different way than say a skilled Diddy Kong player, but the Diddy might interpret Ness's playstyle as lacking of skill because Ness requires skill in very different areas than Diddy. Just because Ness makes you play a game you aren't used to playing, doesn't mean he is playing unfairly.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
As a Dedede main, I have extreme troubles sometimes dealing with even the simplest of Ness's strategies due to DDD's size and weight, but by no means do I want Nesses to change their playstyle so that I have a better matchup against them. While I won't argue with people who think Ness has some "cheap" moves, I think that they aren't broken. Even for Dedede, Ness is by no means our worst matchup (LOOKING AT YOU YA STINKIN' BLUE HEDGEHOG!), and seeing as though even Dedede can still work around all of Ness's options, Ness is not broken, and in competitive play he is not cheap. The character was simply designed to work in a very unorthodox way, and so a skilled Ness player uses skill in a very different way than say a skilled Diddy Kong player, but the Diddy might interpret Ness's playstyle as lacking of skill because Ness requires skill in very different areas than Diddy. Just because Ness makes you play a game you aren't used to playing, doesn't mean he is playing unfairly.
Haters still gonna hate, but truth!

Corthos Fellrin

Smash Cadet
I used to be a Ness main, but then I switched to Pit/DP. I found that Ness was too boring for me. Through my time playing Ness a ton I did get some hate with people switching to ditto me and using PKFire and PKThunder 2. I found that to be quite lame, but playing Pit or DP gets people to rage too. Funny enough I got Ness players to rage and switch to Pit because I gimped them with the Down B from Pit. I don't know, people be salty. Welcome to the net.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I fought someone on For Glory who easily let himself be hit over and over by PK Fire. Since that person giving me that option, I'll use it.
After the match we rematched and he switched to Ness (while I switched to Dedede) and all he did was use PK Fire over and over again. Naturally, I knew how to punish that and won with ease.

Kyzael

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raiyn
3DS FC
0104-3086-6937
While a spamming PK fire Ness is fun to deal with, because chaining them together is such a challenge.

I have just a dislike against Ness as a character in general and usually the player in general because they are predictable and such, but yet it's still a nuisance to deal with.

What bugs me the most, despite how I know it's Ness' reliable kill move, is how every Ness I see will only (and I mean ONLY) go for the Bthrow once the damage is around 90%. So it's more of a statement of salt and how I just don't like the character. I'm sure there is skill that goes into it but it's just annoying regardless.

So in the cases of like 4-man smash, I would target Ness most of the time because I know what to expect.
Anyway, that's my own 2 cents about this topic. Salty or not, I just don't like Ness.

XxSmashM4sterxX

Smash Cadet
Warning Received
Hey man, it's not my fault that Ness is cancerous to fight, gives me cancer, and IS cancer.

Get mad.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Warning Received
^ omg i didn't notice that ahaha

the perfect definition of a hypocrite.
btw, everyone report this tier wh***.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Why can't we just ignore this thread and let it die. :|
That's the best idea I've heard all day. (and it only came from the past)

And locked. Have a good trip back to Onett everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom