• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nerfing botw link

link2702

Smash Champion
Maybe you should actually make an effort to learn the matchup before screaming for nerfs? Just a thought...

seriously every week i see at least 3-4 new users screaming for nerfs all because they’re too lazy to put the work in on how to beat a character.
Why not ask the link boards how to handle him?
Why not ask the boards of your main how to deal with him?
Why not post videos of you playing so we can see exactly where you’re struggling?

Why not put the effort in first on learning how to beat him, instead of screaming for nerfs?

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Maybe you should actually make an effort to learn the matchup before screaming for nerfs? Just a thought...

seriously every week i see at least 3-4 new users screaming for nerfs all because they’re too lazy to put the work in on how to beat a character.
Why not post videos of you playing so we can see exactly where you’re struggling?

Why not put the effort in first on learning how to beat him, instead of screaming for nerfs?
Because effort is hard. :glare:

SNinjaStudios

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-1881-9214-4032
Throwable remote detonated bombs should not exist in smash and his arrows are way too spamable now
Link's remote bombs and arrows are fine. It's just that you don't know how to deal with them. Maybe you should actually try to learn the matchup instead of whining about it online?

Last edited:

Sanjuro

Smash Rookie
User was warned for this post; spam

THIS!

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
First, Link isn't even in the top ten best characters in the game.

Second, Link isn't garbage for once. Let him have this.

Third, Young Link's better anyway.

R O F L

Smash Ace
I generally dislike his arrows and boomerang. Being campy with them isn't fun to play, play against, or watch.

Don't nerf him, just change him. IMO they should make his Boomerang and Arrows worse, but buff his bombs and frame data. I'd like to see his character more focused on his bombs, they new ones are really neat and there is definitely some cool stuff you can do with it.

Goddamn_Angela

Smash Cadet
BotW Link needs to be nerfed because of remote bombs. And arrows sort of.

Wat.

This is the first time I've ever heard this and its mind-boggling.

Link's remote bombs kinda suck. Sorry.

Last edited:

Perversion

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 3699 5960 3002
Why not complain about getting hit with a real arrow instead?
I was a Smasher like you once, until I took an arrow to the knee.

Throwable remote detonated bombs should not exist in smash and his arrows are way too spamable now
Like everyone else is saying. Just because you have issues doesn't mean the character is broken. Link is fine, in fact he's in a really good place and better than he has ever been. I mean honestly, if you dislike those things about Link then I feel bad about whenever you go up against a Snake that's worth his salt. Learn the match up, get better. The problem is you, not Link. Go to your main character's forum, or to the BotW Link forum and ask how to handle the MU, or go to the respective Discords. I get that thinking you're good and that the only reason you're losing to a character is because of gimmicks, but almost every character has a gimmick and it's up to you to work around them. So, swallow that nasty thing called pride and accept that you're probably not as good as you believe you are and accept help. Accept that you need to put in effort to get over the wall that is a certain bad matchup.

Hell, counterpick if you must.

Top Bottom