• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

needs advice on something

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
ok well, i have one major goal with sheik.

i want to be a needle spammer, chain locker, vanish killing wrecking ball.

ok well i was trying to think of something that went together nicely as you see its harder then it looks

basicaly i want to be so to say a needle main. that doenst make sence but just i want to incorporate needles into my every move

sure you might be saying wow thats dumb dont do that you need to DACUS f tilt, forget needles.
but truly i want to be able to master it because i think that it is a very under rated weapon that alot of people who dont usaly play sheik will just not even block it right off that bat! i want it to basicaly like every time you land every time you run at me your bam barded with needles and basicaly while you recover im already in attacking you.

My problem i have a hard time just remembering to charge my needles let alone use them proporly.

i really want to know if you guys have any advice that would help me to get it into a habbit.

(i also want this to be for chain and vanish but right now im focusing on needles)
because seriously i love useing needles like if i could that would be the only attack id ever use. i love it so much! even if its not that good i feel that if i can master it then it can be considerd and maybe if people do the same it wont be so under rated!

so thanks for the advice if you give me any and please dont post

"hey i know a solution!! DONT USE NEEDLES"

and now i know some of you will just out of smite! haha

again what im asking is like do you have any advice like any ideas how i might go about getting the mind set to help me train and just be able to do it naturaly
well thanks again later!

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
i know but i want advice cuz like i want to but i forget like do you guys have any advice to like help me get it into my mind set thats what im asking

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
hahah yeah i know but like i mean would playing computers on stamina help or just try to do a match with jsut needles like that kinda advice

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Seriously silver. Topics just for the sake of topics? You could have asked this in the Sheik guide (and in much fewer words).

If you want to use needles press B. Simple as that. No magic formula.

demodemo

Smash Ace
such silly stuff like this shouldn't require anymore training than playing with your friends a lot

see them far away? remember to throw needles. there is nothing else.

my new sig is HNNG

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
hum haha dude no you all are not getting the consept ahhhhhhh man i ask for help and what do i get

fine i wont ask any more question! and hey i dont see anyone else making topics. im not making it for the sake of making topics i seriously want some help dude! i make threads to farther my sheik playing and dont see why you should be like how that post made you sound if you think that way dont post... i like to see what other people do and try it out and see if i like it thats why i make all of theses threads! because i want to improve my game play and thats what this thread is for! so im not just making thread im actaly useing this forum for what its for. So sue me

as for the words part idk i like to write i just like to make things langthy to get what im thinking out cuz i want to make everything understandable to everybody but then one thing leads to the next and i just start typing alot like how i am now. its a habbit i just like to express myself :p

and demo part of this is i absolutly hate computers and i do not like fighting them at all!

and i got like no friends that are on brawl all the time. so my only other option is to play online where im stuck in a 4 person match... its very hard to get a time where you can shoot off a needle let alone charge. plus the lag issue. thus its very hard to be able to do anythign with needles

(seriously every post i make people get mad at me....im just trying to be an active person on this thread)

Remember dont be an Antagonist! Later

OH and everybody NEW SILVERS CHALLENGE 1.1 GO CHEEK IT OUT!

demodemo

Smash Ace
lol don't think people are mad at you when you post on the internet. i've been on forums since i discovered the internet and let me tell you, i have had my share of flames. internet, despite the various rumours, is not really serious business.

honestly nobody cares, a lot of things wash over really quickly on the internet, don't let seemingly "mean" posts get to you. just act like nothing has happened. However, you should acknowledge and reflect on what you did to make people react this way, and what you can do next time to make them react differently.

if you don't have friends to play with, then you will have a very hard time getting better. trying finding smashers near your area to get together, or just wifi with them. (less lag)

Flamingo

Smash Lord
Yeah, like if you wanna get good, just play a lot.. you'll learn what works and what doesn't.. Also, watching video's can open you up to other playstyles, I know some of my fellow Sheik colleagues think the DACUS a must in their arsenal, while I concentrate mainly on accumulating quick damage for a possible Down+B, and rely heavily on the Sheik gimping game. PS. I <3 Vanish Glide.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Okay, I'll tell you everything you need to know. Lest I waste my time answering the wrong question, please just tell us in ONE sectence EXACTLY what you want, since it seems to be hard for us to understand.

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
alright. do you guys know any good ways where i can get use to useing needles alot, like training. or what would you do

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Needles are probably my favorite attack in the game. They are awesome on people with limited jumps and just good in general. They are awesome at shutting down approaches. They are awesome off the edge too.

Okay, a bunch of little things.

When people land from any jump they will always have lag. you can take advantage of that with needles. send them out so they'll connect as your opponent lands for guaranteed damage.

when charing know that rolling away will often times be you safest bet. flat canceling leaves you open longer so know to cancel very early if you are expecting an approach. (takes like 7 frames or something ridiculous to get out charge...) people say I dodge a lot, thats why. only dodge towards your opponent if they are already in the air on approach or if you are on the edge charging or something.

Full hop needle, use that crap! It is a lagless aerial needle, you can do it with both fully and half charged needles, so please please learn it. it is good for slower characters and characters that like to jump over your aerials since properly spaced it doesn't allow for much else than a dodge. if they dodge towards you more often than not you can nair them before you land or tilt them after you do.
Obviously it also has good edge gaurding perks as well.

Use needles to stop your dash animation. it is faster and safer than her slide to stop animation thing. and get you charging faster than a short hop-> charge. It also keeps you on the ground so you can dodge immediately.
That said full hop charge also has its place for landing on platforms and avoiding other projectile spammers, don't count it out or anything.

needle canceling... there is a thread on it some where. it is very situational but basically gets out needles without the ending animation. while running you shoot needles just as you approach and edge. can fire up to two, if you have that many charged before hand, before you slide off the edge and cancel the normal lag you'd have. From that you can go into pretty much anything; even another needle, lol. It's sex for combos on frigate, but spare that only really has edge guarding applications. Any real on stage use is a waste of charge time IMO. But I enjoy being proven wrong so...

Less useful than that is needle gliding. think vanish glide with needles instead. you get a strong boost in horizontal momentum but retain the same fall speed as normal. if you have needles fully charged you shoot them out as you glide off stage otherwise you'll charge (obviously)which you can cancel into aerials or mind game back into tether recovery or something. I never really use this but it's an option.

in some situations needles will force get up learn dacus for that stuff. force get up to dacus is good.

Top Bottom