• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need to find a good set of headphones and a tablet

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Link to original post: [drupal=5447]Need to find a good set of headphones and a tablet[/drupal]

So my parents have been bugging me about what I want for Christmas and while I told them these would be cool, I need to be specific.

First off, I need a pair of headphones. My right ear has an indent which pushes earbuds out, so those are a no-go. I want to wear these around my campus such as in the library so I don't want any gaudy designs on them. Simplistic/minimalist designs are the way I want to go.

As for the tablet, I have no experience in tablets. I'll probably be using it for reading and watching media on it.

Suggestions?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Well, I'm not getting it, but I'd like it to be on the cheaper end of the spectrum; no BOSE headphones for instance.

Kal

Smash Champion
First, do you want a 7-inch or 10-inch tablet? Some people swear by 10-inch tablets, but I think the 7-inch is better for two reasons: one, it's easier to carry, so you can type with one hand if you're lying back without losing any functionality of a 10-inch tablet. Two, you'll get a better looking picture at the same resolution.

I have a Nexus 7 and it's pretty awesome. At $200 ($250 if you want the extra 16GB storage), it's a fantastic deal. There is also the Nexus 10, with a whopping 2560-by-1600 resolution, which looks fantastic, but is noticeably pricier ($400 for the 16GB model, $500 for the 32GB model).

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
As far as headphones go, I don't have much experience with different kinds, but I've got Audio-Technica ATH-M50s and they've served me well for about two years now. Good audio quality, pretty comfortable (they tend to hurt my ears if I wear them for hours and hours on end, but otherwise they're good), and on the cheaper side of the spectrum as far as lasting headphones tend to go. (They're ~$120 on Amazon.) I'd definitely recommend them.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Firus, I'll second that rec. They're the best closed-design headphones under 200 by far.

A cheaper but also amazing option is the Grado sr60i. It's about half the price, but it still wipes the floor with Bose, Skullcandy, or even other "good" brands up till the 120 dollar range.

Top Bottom