• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need spacing tips? ask broly

Blu-ninja

Smash Journeyman
ok!

well,

whats your technique?

its hard for me to wave dash with peach so..i attempt to run away..

any advice on Distance with peach?

Broly

Smash Lord
hmm, 1st, i on the marth thread but i can help.

peach is very slow n wavedash is not very good in going forward. best way to cover ground is to float, try to this as close to ground as possible as it gives u the ability to move n attack at the same time. i hope that helped a bit

Blu-ninja

Smash Journeyman
hmm, 1st, i on the marth thread but i can help.

peach is very slow n wavedash is not very good in going forward. best way to cover ground is to float, try to this as close to ground as possible as it gives u the ability to move n attack at the same time. i hope that helped a bit
ah yeah..

THANK YOU!

i thought doing that was actually BAD.

me and my friends even came up with this lame joke about peach..

friend:"watch me wavedash"

-wavedashes-

me:"i can do that too!"

-float dashes-

:laugh:

L1F3

Smash Cadet
how do you shot web
lol @ 4chan reference

n e ways...

Match up: Marth mirror [ditto]

Yes, about spacing. I've heard that if Marth [A] fairs Marth while Marth is shielding, Marth [A] can avoid a grab if he tips it. I haven't actually done that, but it has been done on me when I tried to grab and I waas Fsmashed... It didn't happen again, but I was wondering if there is an actual safe spacing distance that even if Marth [A or B] wiffs his fair AND hits a shield, he can avoid a grab or jc shield attack. Just wondering what that excat spacing was cuz I'm starting to have some serious problems with Marths nowadays, esp the ones that fair alot.

Also,
Match up: Marth/Ganon

My crew leader [The Great Gonzalez] likes to fair alot with Ganon. Makes plenty of sense why. However, whenever he fairs my shield, I try to jc grab him, but his neutral [A] magically comes out faster and hits me, and that's if he grazes the knuckles of his fair across my shield at the max distance. I can wait for the [A] to come out, but I'll be too far away...... Is there a way I can get around the distance [hitlag is no problem] to punish?
Note: This also goes for the other chars I use [spacies], not just Marth. It just happens to my Marth the most cuz he grabs the most.

~L1F3

Broly

Smash Lord
lol @ 4chan reference

n e ways...

Match up: Marth mirror [ditto]

Yes, about spacing. I've heard that if Marth [A] fairs Marth while Marth is shielding, Marth [A] can avoid a grab if he tips it. I haven't actually done that, but it has been done on me when I tried to grab and I waas Fsmashed... It didn't happen again, but I was wondering if there is an actual safe spacing distance that even if Marth [A or B] wiffs his fair AND hits a shield, he can avoid a grab or jc shield attack. Just wondering what that excat spacing was cuz I'm starting to have some serious problems with Marths nowadays, esp the ones that fair alot.

Also,
Match up: Marth/Ganon

My crew leader [The Great Gonzalez] likes to fair alot with Ganon. Makes plenty of sense why. However, whenever he fairs my shield, I try to jc grab him, but his neutral [A] magically comes out faster and hits me, and that's if he grazes the knuckles of his fair across my shield at the max distance. I can wait for the [A] to come out, but I'll be too far away...... Is there a way I can get around the distance [hitlag is no problem] to punish?
Note: This also goes for the other chars I use [spacies], not just Marth. It just happens to my Marth the most cuz he grabs the most.

~L1F3

ok first marth dittos,
this match up is all about di-ing and spacing. i truly prefer the poke(down-tilt) and normal A to get a good distance. f-throws are good for early tippers if ur playing an inexperienced marth. also, the B attack is good in midair rather than ground becuz of rhe lag and vulnerability to grabs. i suggest alot of movements w/ dash/wavedash to setup spacing and approaches.

gannon,

TURN-B COMBO. i honestly luv fighting gannon/falcon players as the weight is easy to combo n edgeguard. gannon grabs are annoying, but if u di then turn b right after u can get him. f-airs from gannon are tough but u can do one of two things: time ur up-tilt,up-air, or u can counter. either way, u need timing

L1F3

Smash Cadet
...gannon,

TURN-B COMBO. i honestly luv fighting gannon/falcon players as the weight is easy to combo n edgeguard. gannon grabs are annoying, but if u di then turn b right after u can get him. f-airs from gannon are tough but u can do one of two things: time ur up-tilt,up-air, or u can counter. either way, u need timing
I've never considered that! Thanks. I knew I had some time to do something, but what exactly I didn't know... Until know. Yeah, the counter thing I've tried in the past, but he found a way around it so I dropped it... But I can always bring it back, sicne I haven't used it in months.

And the U-tilt/Uair, that I can see a lot of potential [I tend to combo a lot lol]. It just never occured to me. I'll use this advice to better my game. Hopefully I can post up some videos of me subtley using you tips.

Thanks again, and happy X-Mas, SWF!

~L1F3

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Oh 4 chan! i never woulda thought.

newayz, i have falco spacing problems:
1) i saw ken whip out his crazy countering skills vs pc chris (im sure we all did), but i have no idea when/how far away I should counter
2)what relative spacing should one have to use marth's dancing sword(?) technique, and what variation should be used in what situation?

Thanks

& L1F3, do a barrel roll

Broly

Smash Lord
1) well, it all comes down to timing the counter to be able get it right. ken was able to do this becuz of his experience and study of pc's tendencies. try to understand the mechanics of falco's attack and counter promptly, then read the di and use grabs or sh f-airs

2) when using the dancing sword, i like to be about the middle of the swords reach. now i usually do turn b, turn,up,up for heavy char. like cpt, gannon and aven peach. but, remember if ur too close u can get grabbed after the 3rd move, so i suggest to do turn,turn,down,down to push the shielding player back w/ the downward strike and even lower his shield to break it.

Broly

Smash Lord
well depends, early, u musr di diaganolly back n tech roll if u can. however, the opponent may mindgame to chase grab. so, try to either tech straight up n dodge in place, or for mindgames, di n hit da floor then get up in any direction. this is done to slow down the pace of the game or ur opponent. sometimes if u di n land on ur feet, u can do neutral A attack fast enough to stop any continuing of the grab

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
i'm the one who told Ken about spamming counter vs PC about 2 weeks before MLG Dallas happened because back then I admired Ken a lot and I wanted him to win. I also taught him to use Nair vs the light shield trick as the 2nd hit of nair hits fox off the stage and makes him edge guardable, which you see Ken do to Chillin at MLG Orlando on Fountain of Dreams (right side edge).

Broly

Smash Lord
i'm the one who told Ken about spamming counter vs PC about 2 weeks before MLG Dallas happened because back then I admired Ken a lot and I wanted him to win. I also taught him to use Nair vs the light shield trick as the 2nd hit of nair hits fox off the stage and makes him edge guardable, which you see Ken do to Chillin at MLG Orlando on Fountain of Dreams (right side edge).
OOO, Mew2king posted, lol. i actually like ur up-tilt to d-air move, but i grew up on kens marth. but i hope i can get a chance to try my marth against u in the future. hard to play w/ just my face, but i manage

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
m2k [off-topic] the oc remix song u have on ur myspace is ringing a bell with me but i cant tell for crap what game its from; i wanna say kirby, but pokemon maybe?

...and broly, one more question: how should the fair be used against spacies? shield pressure? or only as a definite combo starter?

capncone

Smash Apprentice
i'm the one who told Ken about spamming counter vs PC about 2 weeks before MLG Dallas happened...I also taught him to use Nair vs the light shield trick as the 2nd hit of nair hits fox off the stage and makes him edge guardable, which you see Ken do to Chillin at MLG Orlando on Fountain of Dreams (right side edge).
That's because you're amazing. [/brown nosing]

Thanks Broly for the help.

Broly

Smash Lord
m2k [off-topic] the oc remix song u have on ur myspace is ringing a bell with me but i cant tell for crap what game its from; i wanna say kirby, but pokemon maybe?

...and broly, one more question: how should the fair be used against spacies? shield pressure? or only as a definite combo starter?
i definitly would use it as a combo starter and a way to figure the type of player the opponent is. i usually check for his/her di, approch, and tech directions to understand wut he wants to do, and how i should attack him. shield breaking is really for turn-b's n standard b to break it. but, i rarely look to break spacies shield, only to floaters like peach, samus n jiggz

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Broly...dude...you have to teach me how to play with my face.

lain

Smash Master
most of your advice is really nonspecific.

plus some of it is hard to understand.
just trying to inform you. :)

also, for advice from experienced players, i'd recommend the topic by Cactuar. it is fantastic.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer

also, for advice from experienced players, i'd recommend the topic by Cactuar. He is fantastic.
Fixed for accuracy.

:laugh:

Broly

Smash Lord
On an opponent near an edge, wavedash> tipper vs. sh> retreating fair> follow up.
i say neither, lol this is y. when an opponent is on edge, most will shield when seeing a marth rush at him. so, tipper will just knock him onto the edge. f-airs are ok w/ spacies i.e. fox, falco, because of combo starters but, may not give the quick kill. i would use the d-tilt, poke, for 2 reasons. 1. the attack has a high chance of hitting the feet of most characters even w/ block and 2. the projection of the character after poke will either be an arch goin down, or straight in one direction. both are good to set-up edge guard.

also, for advice from experienced players, i'd recommend the topic by Cactuar. it is fantastic.
lol, no one has complained yet, n well cactuar has a too good sig to critiq marths. lol

how do i space my self from falcon ?
dash dance to sword dance technique is the best bet. falcons weight is ideal to use moves that project him upwards for easy combos. also, this provides an easy way to protect ur self from falcons sh knee, neutral, etc. try also f-tilts and pokes to back him off n slow down the pace w/ grabs to up-throw w/ up-wutever 4 dmg n ko opprotunities. hope this stuff helps

lain

Smash Master
well you're not gonna complain to someone about any advice you get after asking for some. : )

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
how do you swat away turnips without getting hit by them haha
jab, nair, fair work well
you can usually time a nair in after peach throws a turnip to hit her in the face

Broly

Smash Lord
Iactually catch them, lol. its ok to jab them cuz once u get the timing, its easy to do it, but i catch them to use them on peach.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
can i ask how you plan on giving spacing tips? spacing is just making so you attack while not being attacked back, for marth essential to his game from a gay standpoint, plus thats where the best part of his sword is. the only spacing tip you can really give is to use DD WD and DI in good ways so you dont get hit. go practice. theres nothing else you can say.

Broly

Smash Lord
can i ask how you plan on giving spacing tips? spacing is just making so you attack while not being attacked back, for marth essential to his game from a gay standpoint, plus thats where the best part of his sword is. the only spacing tip you can really give is to use DD WD and DI in good ways so you dont get hit. go practice. theres nothing else you can say.

lol, i kno its kinda of a practice thing, but ppl dont kno how wut do when they are at the perfect space. so, i tell themm wut is the best choice of attack or defense in any situation they find themselves. yes, u can DD, WD, DI to space, but u can also SH and my fav CC to be in spacing. u got to have an aggressive approach to most characters and have great timing to be able to punish them effectively. all that has to be practiced, but otherwise, advice is good in certain situations.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
ewwww dont CC with marth... bad habit. trust me, i do it a lot. and by DI i meant from a jump.

Broly

Smash Lord
lol, cc ftw, got to kno how tho. just not w/ peach. if u kno about my marth, ull kno i cant press the l or r buttons. thats y i cc alot.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
well cc is bad because it messes up your DI at higher %. the only time i suggest CCing is at low % edgeguarding and you think they will come up with an attack, just CC and dtilt them (they wasted their jump) and edgehog.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
ewwww dont CC with marth... bad habit. trust me, i do it a lot. and by DI i meant from a jump.
I don't know what your talking about, I hope this is the first time ever that my sarcasm meter failed. I CC a ton with Marth and it is extremely effective. If you know how to tech decently on the ground while CCing (something like CC while holding diagonally forward or back) can be a lifesaver. Except in situations where you know you shouldn't CC or certain DI is needed to escape when your on the ground you should almost always DI down after anything you attempt. Whiffed Fsmash, grab, etc. to CC grab or dtilt works wonders rather than getting knocked away.

P!z@

Smash Rookie
well cc is bad because it messes up your DI at higher %. the only time i suggest CCing is at low % edgeguarding and you think they will come up with an attack, just CC and dtilt them (they wasted their jump) and edgehog.
wtf !? cc is so use full for smash DI cause when falco jabs uu can get smash DI behind him an survive with 120% without cc is that much harder and cc holds u on the floor by marth ditos . . .
it usefull to me ! ( as marth xD )

but say whatever u think ^^
please dont punish me too hard for this post xDDD

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
CCing is not a good habit to get into, unlike for characters like peach or samus. yes, you can CC, but its not as effective or useful.

Top Bottom