• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need spacing tips? ask broly

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
CCing is not a good habit to get into, unlike for characters like peach or samus. yes, you can CC, but its not as effective or useful.
I dunno, lots of good marth players CC a lot.

how do you know when to cc? whenever i try it I get grabbed.
I just hold down most of the time to be honest. In almost every situation it's better to be DIing into the ground for some reason. You just need experience from playing to really understand it's full uses.
let me simplify what cactuar said: it's better to hold down because you'll usually either be able to CC or tech-roll instantly into the ground and not be knocked off the stage by say..... a marth ditto weak F smash, or high % down tilt.

tech rolling into the ground right after you get hit is mad useful, I forget how to do it I just do it instinctively so I don't think about what I'm doing rather than just doing it, I just hold down-left or down-right and mash R or something I think. Sometimes use the C stick to "CC smash attack" helps you tech roll. Don't quote me on this though, Magus will just tell you to do some C stick or double stick DI thing, but I just play off instinct because I've been doing it for so long I naturally react the right way from experience.

I didn't even know that I sometimes clawed the controller until that MLG grassroutes tour picture came out.
I dunno, I think CC'ing isn't that bad.

marthanoob

Smash Journeyman
how should I space myself from samus and peach to avoid their downsmashes? how do I deal with samus strong missiles and charge beam (as a combo finisher)? how do I deal with peach's turnip edgeguard and samus's weak missle edgeguard?

I like to use f-tilt and f-smash on them and it works most of the time, but I feel like I overuse them. Any other good ideas?

Broly

Smash Lord
how should I space myself from samus and peach to avoid their downsmashes? how do I deal with samus strong missiles and charge beam (as a combo finisher)? how do I deal with peach's turnip edgeguard and samus's weak missle edgeguard?

I like to use f-tilt and f-smash on them and it works most of the time, but I feel like I overuse them. Any other good ideas?
1st d-smashes-ok, i would like to admit those two moves are annoying, especially since i cant l-cancel. but, the way i approach them is with either down tilts pokes or f-airs. you can also try dash dance or wave dash to grabs, as grabs neutralize the effectiveness of CC to d-smash
2nd-projectiles- w/ peach i like to grab the turnips to use them against peach. now, its good to catch them from a distance, not close as it can slow u down and set u up for an attack or grab. samus is really dependent on your approach. if ur aggressive like me, u can jab the missles to keep ur advancement on samus. if ur not you can dodge, shield, n use platforms, if any, to get closer to samus.
3rd-edgeguard- f-airs when you jump is effective, but against peach u have to guess the projection of the turnip n DI accordingly. this concept takes a bit of experience n you will find other ways as u practice this.

G@BE

Smash Lord
All i really do with marth is forward air >.>

then like wait fro people to screw up then forward smash them... It seems to work out pretty well >.<

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
just adding my 2 cents on the "Samus crouch cancel ***** downsmash" thing...

I find using dair is better if she's planning to CC downsmash you, cause it stuns her. then you can dodge her instinctive downsmash, or perhaps grab before she even does it. just something I've noticed.

Also about Samus, watch your shield's low point cause Samus' dtilt and perhaps dsmash can get under there semi-easily.

I'm not too good with Marth, but I'm really pro at hating Samus... lol.

Top Bottom