• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need some opinions on Tactics i use alot

Crewd

Smash Rookie
Trying to become a tournament Viable Zelda//Sheik Mainer and currently trying to Up my Zelda Game. Been Messing with friends about using some new Ideas and I'm wondering what the boards thinks of them.

Dtilt->Dtilt->Dtilt->Grab
near guaranteed if first Kick Lands

Opponent off Stage
dins fire so they air dodge->grab when they land->throw back->repeat
(not as effective on floaties)

ill post more as soon as i remember if there not random things or actual tactics

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
Dtilt isn't a lock until moderate %, and grabs will miss if you trip them. Grabs are guaranteed if the dtilt pops them upward, but there are so many better things you can do, like an LK or a smash.

And the offstage thing won't work against a novice. He can DJ airdodge, then punish your Din's lag if you're at the ledge, assuming you're that close because you're going for a grab.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Trying to become a tournament Viable Zelda//Sheik Mainer and currently trying to Up my Zelda Game. Been Messing with friends about using some new Ideas and I'm wondering what the boards thinks of them.

Dtilt->Dtilt->Dtilt->Grab
near guaranteed if first Kick Lands

Opponent off Stage
dins fire so they air dodge->grab when they land->throw back->repeat
(not as effective on floaties)

ill post more as soon as i remember if there not random things or actual tactics
If you have wifi play me and we'll work on your tactics.

goodkid

Smash Lord
grabs will miss if you trip them. Grabs are guaranteed if the dtilt pops them upward, but there are so many better things you can do, like an LK or a smash.
Not true, you can grab after a trip. A grab is a viable option after a d-tilt, its one of my favorite things to do because its the most damaging besides a tech-chase lightning kick.

On average d-tilt = 7% grab pummel(at least once) = 2% any grab(average) = 10% thats 19% but you can get more from multiple d-tilts, grab pummels, & a damaging throw, I think F-throw is 12%.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I've noticed her pummel can do up to 4%. But it normally does 3% iirc.

Also.. don't stale dtilt... don't use the lock. The whole point of getting true combos from its hitstun is to keep fresh as possible... that way your setups from dtilt become true and are more guaranteed.

You need to keep a good ratio of dtilt decay and the enemy's percentage... as at higher percents you can afford to have a much more decayed dtilt and still be able to compensate.

goodkid

Smash Lord
I've noticed her pummel can do up to 4%. But it normally does 3% iirc.

Also.. don't stale dtilt... don't use the lock. The whole point of getting true combos from its hitstun is to keep fresh as possible... that way your setups from dtilt become true and are more guaranteed.

You need to keep a good ratio of dtilt decay and the enemy's percentage... as at higher percents you can afford to have a much more decayed dtilt and still be able to compensate.
One possible option I've thought of is to switch to Sheik quickly after a KO & back to Zelda before they get back on the halo, but I think this is better done off-stage where you can grab the ledge.

Wait so d-tilt can trip-kick @ high % unless d-tilt is decayed? Or is this only under 100%?

MrEh

Smash Hero
I've noticed her pummel can do up to 4%.
That's because Zelda's pummels don't do 3% fresh. They do slightly more.

For example, you can have 95.3% damage on you, although the .3 won't show up. Zelda's pummels probably do something like 3.1% or something. ^^

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Yep the fresher dtilt is, the earlier they'll pop up in the air at later percents, and the more likely they'll trip also.

Also... using a fresh dtilt at 50% as an example... you'll get I think a +6 frame advantage or something if they simply get dizzy from the dtilt... this is why the lock is able to work and dsmash because both moves are frame 5 and 4 respectively and are within that frame 6 advantage.

Now if you had used a decayed dtilt at 50%, you might only get a +3 frame advantage instead of the full 6 advantage... which is why sometimes you'll notice that the enemy can throw up a shield when you dtilt and try your next move.

Keeping dtilt as fresh as possible makes the lock and other truer combos much more effective. At the same time, the higher the enemy's health, the more hitstun they'll experience from sourspotted attacks, Zelda's dtilt included... so you ensure a good balance of dtilt decay and the enemy's percentage to take full advantage of dtilt.

It makes a huge difference. It's a fantastic damage racker from simply a frame 5 attack. If you're wise, you can be doing at least 18% damage from every dtilt, combining many different moves. Also... around 70% onwards, if you're dtilt is fresh and you buffer well, you can now start grabbing people as a true combo.

Hope that makes sense!

EDIT::: Also don't be reliant on dtilt early in the match. Always begin throwing it out in your game after 50% so that it will ever really decay too much. Try to rack up damage wisely without using dtilt up to this point with other moves like jab > grab/dash attack, grabs, din's/nayru's as punishers, and various other moves. Just play safe up to this point and then go aggressive with dtilt after this percentage but don't use the lock, end the first dtilt with a move of your choice here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=218082

Top Bottom