• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
It's almost pointless even playing this game anymore. I'm a Falco main from Indiana.. yes.. Indiana, the freest ****ing state ever. I keep brawling players that just aren't good enough or knowledgeable enough. I barely ever have the chance to brawl someone who can at least take me to last stock when I use Falco. And every single god damned "good" player doesn't want to play me on "AllIsBrawl" just 'cuz I don't have a blue or glowing name or because I'm from such a dead state.. what the **** is that? How can you even try to assume someone's bad by the "color" of their name or where they live? That's like judging a person by their skin color LOL.. But anyways, I guess I'm at the edge of the line of giving up because I can't improve by playing bad players/people who aren't knowledgeable. Honestly, I can't say I know what I should do anymore..

ALSO, If you do want to hit me up for a brawl, give me your/the player's skype or anything else I can contact them by.. mainly skype would be great though. Thanks.

nessokman

Smash Lord
if you want a beast player, try some wifi matches.

Pm satan666 with your fc and tell em' not to hold back.

SnowCold

Smash Apprentice
Wow, sounds unfortunate. I feel you, I rarely get to play other people, and they're all noobs, not even into competitive brawl. I actually practice on lv 9 CPUs... isn't it sad? I think it's okay for now, I'm still working on my tech skill and punishes and what not, but I'm at the point where I really feel upset when I play CPUs because they're so mindless and scripted... They almost never mix things up, they approach by literally just going up to you most of the time, they air dodge after almost every hit, and some can't even recover. A good example is the ness and lucas cpus. you poke them off-stage, they can't even PK thunder back on properly. plus, the cpus react to your inputs, so they literally can counter whatever you do. Too bad they're still really stupid. I'm really lacking a realistic opponent :/ I need to find the time to go to a tournament...

Anyway, I guess you could try coaching some of the players around you. Help them get better. Eventually they'll be able to maybe even beat you.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
What's stopping you from travelling?
The fact that I'm in Indiana, have multiple siblings and grandparents in the house, and I'm 15 years old. Indiana is dead as ****, My parents rely on me to take care of my siblings and my grandmother a lot of the time on weekends, and being 15 year old, I just don't ever think my parents would trust me.

Mr. Toast@ Yeah I know, but there aren't very many close places where tournaments are held considering I'm in Indiana.

Nessokman@ Does he have a skype? That'd be much easier for me :I

SnowCold@ That would be a waste of time, but I feel you man.... but I guess there's bound to be some good players out there that are willing to practice with you regularly.

nessokman

Smash Lord
The fact that I'm in Indiana, have multiple siblings and grandparents in the house, and I'm 15 years old. Indiana is dead as ****, My parents rely on me to take care of my siblings and my grandmother a lot of the time on weekends, and being 15 year old, I just don't ever think my parents would trust me.
If you have wifi, pm satan666. Hes a pro.PWNed myself easily

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Excuse me for a moment, but time you talk about Indiana like you know what the tournament scene around here is like, you should try posting in the Indiana thread. Just because NONE of us play on WiFi, doesn't mean we're "dead".

Heck you live way closer to smash tournaments than I do. You're 1 hour away from Chicago/Glen Ellyn, which have tournaments every so often. That's as good as it's going to get for you, considering I have to drive 3+ hours to get to pretty much anywhere.

tl;dr, Indiana isn't that bad if you know the right people/ask for rides to places. Next time we go to a Chicago tournament I'll be more than willing to pick you up provided your parents don't have any issues with that. Also, check out the Indiana threads! (We're all pretty cool). If you want, I could try to WiFi you sometime too. You're a bit far for me to offer to pick you up for our semi-weekly smashfests. :(

SnowCold

Smash Apprentice
SnowCold@ That would be a waste of time, but I feel you man.... but I guess there's bound to be some good players out there that are willing to practice with you regularly.
Well I live in Texas so there ARE good players in this state, I just never have time to go to a tournament. Plus I'm around your age soo yeah my parents wouldn't be big on inviting over random people they don't know just to play smash with me.

nessokman

Smash Lord
georgia is worse. Most anything is in atlanta, which is 3+ hours from me IF we can avoid traffic.

i'm 14 so same

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
If you have wifi, pm satan666. Hes a pro.PWNed myself easily
Ah, I'll be sure to contact him when I get the chance then, who does he main?

Excuse me for a moment, but time you talk about Indiana like you know what the tournament scene around here is like, you should try posting in the Indiana thread. Just because NONE of us play on WiFi, doesn't mean we're "dead".

Heck you live way closer to smash tournaments than I do. You're 1 hour away from Chicago/Glen Ellyn, which have tournaments every so often. That's as good as it's going to get for you, considering I have to drive 3+ hours to get to pretty much anywhere.

tl;dr, Indiana isn't that bad if you know the right people/ask for rides to places. Next time we go to a Chicago tournament I'll be more than willing to pick you up provided your parents don't have any issues with that. Also, check out the Indiana threads! (We're all pretty cool). If you want, I could try to WiFi you sometime too. You're a bit far for me to offer to pick you up for our semi-weekly smashfests. :(
Oh man, that would be SWEET. Like seriously, I would be dying from thankfulness if you would do that for me.. DX ... Also, jw, do you have a skype so we could possibly talk about this?
Well I live in Texas so there ARE good players in this state, I just never have time to go to a tournament. Plus I'm around your age soo yeah my parents wouldn't be big on inviting over random people they don't know just to play smash with me.
Yeah man.. it sucks that there's young players who want to improve so badly, but can't. I'm.. sort of one of those players.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Looks like xeroxen took care of what was needed :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom