• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help with MK

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
How do I beat the grand prix in 150 CC?
Hahahaha just kidding yeah I know lame joke.

Anyways, whenever I play against MK I feel that this is an impossible matchup. Of course, that can not be true, this is the Captain that we're talking about!
But it feels like MK has more range, attack speed, priority, and is almost unpunishable while all my moves are to easy to punish. I also have no idea how to gimp him or whatever.
Any tips on this matchup?

Tenki

Smash Hero
I think someone mentioned in another thread that you should gamble on your smash attacks, U-tilt, up-B, and Falcon Kick for damage, since, for the most part, the rest of his moves have issues, and at least they deal a bunch of damage.

__V

Smash Journeyman
Dsmash. Up+B. Utilt. Uair. Bair.

Jab>Grab>Fthrow>Dash Attack
Dtilt>Falcon Kick
Dtilt>Utilt
Dtilt>Uair (At high%)

If you Falcon Kick MK at low%, you will be PUNISHED.

Don't waste time going for knees.

Glide Attack > everything you have. Avoid, then punish. Watch out for the Dsmash spam after the landing.

Side+B spike sometimes. MK is light, and if this lands 70%+, he is DEAD.

Up+B facing away from the stage to counter-gimp him.

This entire fight is about feinting. Don't walk into the ****. If they Whornado, dash attack them during the ending lag.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Here's how you go about it.

1. get a first class plane ticket to Japan.
2. kidnapp Masahiro Fvcksurai
3. Threaten to kill everyone hes ever loved if he does not agree to make an unbiased, balanced patch to Brawl
4. Fly back
5. Refuse to fight anyone still on version 1.0 who chooses to use Metawhore.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm sorry, I read the title, and I couldn't help but laughing :/

It's going to be read by most as "the 'worst' character in the game needs help against the 'best' character in the game" :(

Anyway, my first thoughts went to Up air and Up tilt. I haven't played many MKs with Falcon though, and when I do, I get violated pretty hard =D

falcon punch spam
Falcon Punch edgeguard.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Your best bet is to ditto him with Metaknight. (+1 Metaknight Player) That's not your only option though. You can also try and convince SBR to ban Metaknight from tournaments. lol

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Mindgames and anticipation are the only way to go. Not Falcon Punch because his moves finish so fast, but lots of Falcon Kick, Raptor Boost, autocancelled DAir if he's sitting on the ground (his tilts are pretty low), and hopefully you'll get lucky and land DSMash, which has great range. UAir is alright, but your other aerials will have a lot of trouble landing.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Funny story, I just practiced against a lvl 9 MK as Falcon. I 2-stocked him. I was concerned about how bad the balance was so I switch roles. I 2-stocked the lvl 9 Falcon as MK. Rinse, wash, repeat and every time I kept getting similar results. It seems like the tier list is a little overhyped.

When MK jumps, his initial jump hight is low (since he has multiple jumps) so when he does this, Raptor Boost. That usually works. Other than that, sheild grabbing is your best friend. It's saved me countless times from the Whorenado. Good luck!

dlen06

Smash Apprentice
Funny story, I just practiced against a lvl 9 MK as Falcon. I 2-stocked him. I was concerned about how bad the balance was so I switch roles. I 2-stocked the lvl 9 Falcon as MK. Rinse, wash, repeat and every time I kept getting similar results. It seems like the tier list is a little overhyped.
Playing against computers doesn't mean muc. lvl 9 computers don't stack up to humans. HUman metaknight players will use different tactics.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
OMG, you sir are the biggest scrub on the C. Falcon boards :)

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

When MK jumps, his initial jump hight is low (since he has multiple jumps) so when he does this, Raptor Boost. That usually works. Other than that, sheild grabbing is your best friend. It's saved me countless times from the Whorenado. Good luck!
Because CPU's are amazing aren't they?

-:bowser:Bowser King

rofa

Smash Journeyman
OMG, you sir are the biggest scrub on the C. Falcon boards :)

OMG, you sir are the most immature troll on the C. Falcon boards :)

in all seriousness, what bowyer means to say is that the tier list is created based on how the best HUMAN players in the world are playing as the characters. how you play against level 9 computers doesn't really apply because the computers are stupid, have predictable patterns , and dont learn about your style of play like humans do. you can think of the tier list as being a list of the characters in order from best to worst, where if two players of completely equal skill were to play over and over again as all the characters, the ones at the top of the list would win more.

wangston

Smash Lord
One sick then I have started to do is read people after the d-throw. Let them air dodge because you know they will air dodge if you run to do an u-air all the time, so read the air dodge then nail them with the knee of justice.

Top Bottom