• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help with combos.

zerlander

Smash Cadet
Thanks everyone, I've bin doing a lot better then before. They finaly learned how to do advance moves. Also, I made the mistake of selling my NGC for $100 so that I would have anough for a wii, but they didn't have any pre-orders left and they are playing a diffent game, I think it's a NBA game. So I can't play my game for now , Thank you any way. I like it the you helped me. I'll get a NGC so I can play again.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
forward throw to forward smash

up throw to up tilt

if you wanna win without advanced techniques, but be cool about it...switch to DK and cargo suicide. You'll earn cool points.

tw0 side

Smash Apprentice
Since you cannot use advance techs, I would recommend using a turtling tech. That is if you are playing 1v1's. Also, in case you don't know what a turtling tech is, it is when u shield, dodge, and grab almost all the time. It may seem noobish, but, it is a decent strategy.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
i kinda agree that you can't learn advanced mind games against n00bs while handicapping yourself...however, that said..sometimes against some people to make it fair i have to play like bottom tier and then handicap myself with no L-R usage (I could never stop myself from L-cancelling without taking my finger off i think..it's reflexive)...and sometimes i handicap myself to no air moves as well...other times i like to just practice tech skill like i would against a level 1 computer...ie dashdance back and forth and pivot cancel...or practice ledgedropping aerials repeatedly...i can usually duplicate a move 5-10 times on a n00b before they catch on...

but honestly, anyone in this situation should just practice tech skill or something....you can't take the game seriously when they ban most of the moves:\ however, as marth you shouldn't have much trouble...fsmash spam tends to kill n00bs

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman
something ive been working with a bit lately is a bit risky but good rewards

try approaching with uair instead of a fair or nair, if they shield lcancel and grab if not then lcancel into an utilt, the uair and lower percents lifts spacies and floates really well into a utilt and since utilts are grat comboers but sometimes hard to get enough this is prett usefull

flaco

The Terminator
Well combos are done depending with what character you use well for me some combos are done easily with marth that fox also you need practice for the combos becuase of the di of your opponent and gameplay.

Top Bottom