• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need Help to beat Cruel Brawl

K 2

Smash Lord
Well, I was looking at my challenge wall one day and I saw a challenge that said "beat 5 alloys in Cruel Brawl". I thought that would be really easy to beat, just get marth and smash them...well that didn't work since I got killed in 1-2 hits. Does anyone have any tips on how to beat the 5 man cruel brawl? its deceptively hard for me. How to do survive past 2 hits or so without getting ko'ed?

Thanks

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
look cruel brawl up on youtube
usually its some floaty character jumping off the stage trying to get the alloys to suicide

K 2

Smash Lord
lol, I'll try that. I know in melee you can get Ganondorf to suicide with jiggly or kirby.

Thanks

Tangy

Smash Apprentice
Basic strategy: Jump off the stage to lure them to their death, jump on ledge, jump back out. Just use Jiggs and go under the stage.

stratele

Smash Apprentice
I tried cruel brawl for the first time the other day thinking, this should be kinda easy.

Dident kill one lmao. 2nd try I killed one. Then gave up

MetaRidleyX

Smash Apprentice
Use kirby. Jump off the stage, lure them off, float back near the stage and use up B. You can sometimes get 2 or 3 alloys at a time with this technique.

DLO

Smash Journeyman
Use kirby. Jump off the stage, lure them off, float back near the stage and use up B. You can sometimes get 2 or 3 alloys at a time with this technique.
i suck cause are only 3 weeks i have ssbb,but today the MetaRidleyX method kills 8 alloys.

Maris

Smash Rookie
This can be used too in 15 min Brawl, I used it in both games and I had beaten 14 in cruel Brawl and done the 15 min multiman.

badmanwolf

Smash Rookie
I'm really struggling with this challenge too. In Melee, I just used Jigglypuff's sleep attack to get the trophy. This time round, the developers wised up to that strat and I got absolutely battered!

Guess its time to exploit the over keen AI. Thats I'd had most of the kills so far on my attempts anyway. Guess that the right track to go down.

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
Lucas
use PK Thunder however way you want!
I manage to get 5 KOs
I didn't want to get KOed by alloys(especially the Green ones) so I SDed instead.

badmanwolf

Smash Rookie
Ok, I killed (does watch a suicidal alloy plummet off a ledge count as a kill?) 5 of them today with Jigglypuff. It was still quite hard considering, ORI_bro you must be VERY good at mind games. And flying under the stage :p

ShadowBlitz

Smash Apprentice
Most people use Jigglypuff and go understage. Or they use Peach and float off the stage until the alloys jump off.

However I do it the old fashion way. I take Ike, hang on the edge, let go (while going back) and then I get back on the edge with aether, doing this will basically spike them to death. However this only works 5 times, the developers made it so that you can't grab on to the ledge the sixth time you do the aether. This does get a lot of kills but I'd prefer the first strategy over this...

Finding Waldo

Smash Apprentice
I used Pit and flew next to the stage and hit them with his Uair until they died or jumped off. I believe I had 10 KO's.

Afropony

Smash Lord
I find it pretty simple going straight to the ledge then jumping out so that Alloys come for you, just repeat this a couple of times and you'll be done in no time.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Use Kirby or Jigglypuff. Float off the stage, lure them to jump off with you, then when they do, float back on to the stage and repeat. This works for every alloy except the green ones, because they can float. The other alloys will just fall to their deaths, since they don't use recovery moves.

Slush

Smash Cadet
Yeah, thanks everyone, this was just what I've been looking for! Really appreciate it.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Use Lucas. Double jup of the stage, use PKT and use the tighest of arcs and you will shoot downwards towards them for a cool 25% damage plus knockback. Repeat. I got 26 KO's doing this, its not hard once you do it a couple times.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
i helped my friend last week use jigglypuff go off edge use mindgames get them off and they will die

kigbariom

Smash Lord
it helps a lot if you are trying the suicide tactic to get someone with a reliable meteor smash incase you get surrounded

ungulateman

Smash Journeyman
With me they just stand on the edge and wait for me to come back. Bah. I fluked one AGES ago with Pit, though. I forgot how.

Nightshine

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if this works or not yet but be Sonic and go under the battlefield stage and use B over and over again so that he'll use his homing attack but he will hit the underside of the stage. I saw that in a brawl glitch video but haven't tried it out in cruel brawl yet.

Top Bottom