• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need a dispenser here!

solitonmedic

Potassium, potassium
NNID
Dantel
Link to original post: [drupal=5327]Need a dispenser here! [/drupal]

Hello again Smash World Boards! I've had come back from my long term hiatus from SWF, again...
I'm currently enjoying my smooth summer vacation as well took a part time job as a leisure, hopefully I'll get lots of money then last year~ I've been playing lots of lots of Team Fortress and Lost Saga nowadays. It drove me to make this reskin of an Pokemon Trainer... it was fun~

Pretty neat, ain't it?

I also been having a healthy dose of Pokemon and Team Fortress 2 roleplaying! Not my first time RPing... but you know! Lots of things changed in this course of Summer. For one, a change of thought for me. At first, I was a bit lost on what I wanted to do for the future...

So I thought, I should work on school more vigorously than ever. I wanna be a millionaire so bad now! So I'm going to aim high, and stand big! That's my dream for now. I haven't put much thought on what career should I choose but I'm interested in the arts! Soon I'll make my own game! For the Wii U hopefully! A boy can dream, can't he?

Anyways, I'm very looking forward to Smash Wii U and 3DS. I have no idea which version to choose though... I might go for the 3DS version! So hyped about this game now! Excitement!

I really hope they put Quote or Curly in the game! I can't wait for that chance to happen!

Well toodles for now~
Leo out!

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I think he's quoting TF2.

TF2 is garbage, btw. So garbage that the competitive community pretty much plays a different game. It's like what Smash players get accused of but legit. Just saiyan.

TL?

Smash Ace
Link to original post: [drupal=5327]Need a dispenser here! [/drupal]

So I thought, I should work on school more vigorously than ever. I wanna be a millionaire so bad now! So I'm going to aim high, and stand big! That's my dream for now. I haven't put much thought on what career should I choose but I'm interested in the arts! Soon I'll make my own game! For the Wii U hopefully! A boy can dream, can't he?
Good luck with that. :smirk:

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Don't bump threads. Threads that stay at the top of the page are ones that people are interested in.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Thrilling. Absolutely thrilling. You sir, deserve blog of the year. My hats off to you.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Don't bump threads. Threads that stay at the top of the page are ones that people are interested in.
Blogs technically aren't threads because they're supposed to be attached to your profile rather than a room, this place is just to manage the replies.

And stuff.

\o__o/

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

TF2 is garbage, btw. So garbage that the competitive community pretty much plays a different game. It's like what Smash players get accused of but legit. Just saiyan.
I don't know, maybe it's garbage, but it's fun garbage for somebody who doesn't like FPSes or playing them competitively.

solitonmedic

Potassium, potassium
NNID
Dantel
*is laughing historically*

Fine then, but keep your trashy opinions out from my blog.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
It's not really an opinion that the game is horribly balanced, vanilla has all kinds of dumb random bull****, the maps do not work for the kinds of numbers pubs generally have, medic is a must on teams yet he's not fun at all (and lol competitive only allows you one medic, cuz lol balance).

But yeah man, opinions. I hear we're in a Dark Age of them.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
*is laughing historically*
So I assume you're laughing like George Washington, or...?

It's not really an opinion that the game is horribly balanced, vanilla has all kinds of dumb random bull****, the maps do not work for the kinds of numbers pubs generally have, medic is a must on teams yet he's not fun at all (and lol competitive only allows you one medic, cuz lol balance).

But yeah man, opinions. I hear we're in a Dark Age of them.
It's obviously not "disallowed," you aren't really allowed to say "keep your opinions out of my blog," but your comment wasn't really related to the actual blog because the blog wasn't talking about how good quality TF2 is. And you're fully entitled to your own opinion (or stating fact, whatever) and all but randomly crapping on the game because it was quoted is kinda unnecessary.

I mean again, if you're not approaching it from a competitive mindset then hey who the **** cares. I don't play it competitively and I enjoy it, if you like to play FPSes that are balanced and have the mechanics perfect then nobody's asking you to play it.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Apparently a good fps can't be casual friendly and also well designed. Stop giving me answers like "oh I don't play it srs and I enjoy it". You know, I never played it like that either, it's not just ****ing opinions, it's criticism of design that makes the game arguably less enjoyable the better you get over time unless you decide to play it in a totally different ****ing way, at which point you really have to go out of your way for that experience. It's like the polar opposite of how a good mp game should be designed, but yes, please ****ing tell us again how you play it casually and thus it has merit.

Also lol as if anyone ever wanted to stay on topic in this thread.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I didn't say that? I didn't say that a good FPS can't be casual friendly and well-designed. Don't put words in my mouth. I'm just saying that it can be enjoyable and honestly it's pretty much the only FPS I've ever played extensively so I don't care how well-designed the other ones are, I don't enjoy them and they are therefore irrelevant to me. Because I play games for enjoyment.

I'm not saying "OH IT HAS MERIT IT'S SOMETHING THAT EVERYBODY SHOULD LOVE I PLAY IT CASUALLY THAT MAKES IT PERFECT," please stop putting words in my mouth. I just said you don't need to crap all over it because it has design flaws because personally I enjoy it and that's why I play games. Not so I can play a flawless game.

So just so you get what I'm saying and don't misunderstand me as saying it has merit or something:

tl;dr: I know nothing about FPS design, I'm not denying any of the flaws you're claiming because I have no knowledge to claim otherwise. But I'm going to keep playing it anyway. And it's not really necessary for you to come in here, unprovoked, and start talking about its flaws. That's all I'm saying. I really have zero interest in getting into a debate about the merits/flaws of the game because I'm already on the verge of ragequitting.

Top Bottom