• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEC XIII - A Huge Opportunity for the Smash Community!

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
In all reality project m is only a DEMO at this point. Doesn't matter how many characters are available or stages. It's only a demo and if we wanted a tourney for just that then wait for the final version. With that said can we get melee please

:phone:

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
I wish smashers just supported the new game out.

even marvel 2 players that know marvel 2 is better than marvel 3...still play and support marvel 3 (ie, yipes). He just accepts the game for how it is, and he supports the game in his series which has the highest chance of viewability/success at the time.

I can honestly tell you right now that when the new smash game comes out, if I like brawl better (and im still playing smash at all) I'm still going to support the new game because thats how a community grows.

Anyway, sorry for that tangent. Big E should be announcing within a week or two if the event will indeed have smash or not. I'm going either way and I've gotten my hotel room, to support him for supporting apex and to play AE, but just for those of you still on the fence
Except that only marvel players who support 3, also play 3.

Sanford kelly thinks marvel 3 is trash, doesn't support the game, and stopped playing it a long time ago after being unable to prove a point.

There are plenty of marvel players who don't support 3, but are just quiet about it since there are many other games to pick from and marvel 3 isn't going anywhere any time soon.

There is als the point that mvc3 didn't *******ize its series as bad as brawl did from a competitive stand point.
Sorry, but I'm with Neko here. I have stated before that I think Brawl is a bad game. I have no problem with other people wanting to play it competitively and wanting to support a community for it, but I've been playing competitive Melee for over 9 years and I'm not going to support a bad game just because it's the "newest version."

The thing is, Nintendo themselves don't care about the competitive community. While supporting Melee for most of a decade is what generated enough buzz for them to make a sequel, and Brawl was enough of a commercial success for them to greenlight yet another sequel, it's painfully obvious that Nintendo cares less about what its core fanbase is doing in lieu of trying to appeal to a much broader market. The sad irony imo is that by doing that they missed the entire point of what made Melee such a success in the first place.

But this isn't supposed to be a Brawl bashing post. This is supposed to be a "support the game you like because you like it and you want to see its community thrive" post.

Big E Gaming

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone I would like to let everyone know Smash will be at Nec 13.

Brawl and Melee.

I'm new to the whole Smash community so I'm trying to get some of the Best people from your community to make sure I do everything right.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2

Brawl and Melee.

I'm new to the whole Smash community so I'm trying to get some of the Best people from your community to make sure I do everything right.

thanks so much for this

please everyone come out and support. I already bought my hotel room and flight get on that ****

Exeggutorr

Smash Cadet
I wish smashers just supported the new game out.

even marvel 2 players that know marvel 2 is better than marvel 3...still play and support marvel 3 (ie, yipes). He just accepts the game for how it is, and he supports the game in his series which has the highest chance of viewability/success at the time.

I can honestly tell you right now that when the new smash game comes out, if I like brawl better (and im still playing smash at all) I'm still going to support the new game because thats how a community grows.

Anyway, sorry for that tangent. Big E should be announcing within a week or two if the event will indeed have smash or not. I'm going either way and I've gotten my hotel room, to support him for supporting apex and to play AE, but just for those of you still on the fence
So you are saying that if Smash continues to have sequel after sequel and they get worse and worse that you would keep playing?

Sorry bro, but no one should have to deal with that. The problem with eSports is that games are constantly being released to make money for the game studios so they can stay open, so the gaming community thinks they have to change games every time. I don't see why people can't just stick to the one game that is competitive. I can tell you right now that we are not the only ones that are dealing with our games becoming worse, it is literally happening to EVERY game.

Now to the people saying that P:M is a bad idea to show case at an event like this is completely wrong. P:M is a very impressive mod that once finished has the ability to become a major tournament title. For those who disagree, there are a lot of examples of mods out there that have become extremely successful. For instance, DoTA I know people have already brought this up, but i want to add my own thoughts. DoTA became a huge LAN game all over the world with many tournaments and no lawsuits were brought up by Blizzard, until Valve tried to make DoTA 2. A title that they released for profit something that from as much as I know isn't going on with P:M. Now notice that Namco is a main sponsor at this tournament and it just so happens that Namco is teaming up with Nintendo to release the new Smash title. Now imagine the possibilities if P:M was presented in a professional way at this tournament and Namco was able to see this and notice the effort that our community is doing to keep the smash series competitive maybe they could use some of their influence into making the newer game more competitive.

Nintendude

Smash Hero

Brawl and Melee.

Awesome news. I will be there for sure.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
an actual tourney listings thread should be up relatively soon guys with more details. But here is a breakdown of some of the more important details

Date: December 1st-2nd in Philadelphia, PA
Registration: Melee and brawl will be at the door, so you wont have to pre pregister for smash games. For FGC games you will though
Times: still pending, but its a Saturday-Sunday only tourney so no need to get Friday off work or anything. The venue itself opens around 8-9am so I would guess roughly around noon-1pm but again, still pending. Also not sure if they are going to leave top 4-8 for smash for sunday or finish it all saturday.

Just some rough details for those of you planning to go. There were 9 pages of posts so hope most of you are more action than talk.

Top Bottom