• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Neat Din's fire quirk

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
Salut.

So, I was tinkering around with the control configuration and I set the c-stick on the gamecube controller to special. And you know how using Din's fire in the air while jumping forward makes her fall in that direction? Well by jumping forward or backwards and then smashing the c-stick in the opposite direction, Zelda will fall in the opposite direction she is facing.

I thought that was neat. :dizzy:

I also recorded a video of Zelda preforming it, for you visual learners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLCB94SRcgI

Oh and if this was already posted, then I'm dumb and I apologize. :psycho:

popsofctown

Smash Champion
it hasnt been posted as zelda specific, because it isn't actually a Zelda specific quirk. It has already been named B-sticking (it's been called wavebouncing too but that didn't quite stick), and is useable with many ranged characters. Lucas uses it the most.

I can't do it because i use my second stick for tilts. I would undoubtedly kill myself with the technique anyway.

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
yeah, its harder doing arial tilts now with the c stick taking up special moves but i'll get around it.

To do this:
C-stick set to special
L button set to special

Ok, to use this guys, jump forward, and press the c-stick back the OPPOSITE direction. If you leave it like that Din's fire will explode in the air near you. To control it, RIGHT after you hit the c stick, press L and move it around with the left analog stick like you normally would. Neat defencive technique, hope you guys try it.

Mac2492

Smash Apprentice
I found a neat use for this trick. When your opponent is high in a corner, you can jump off the stage (extra range) and use Din's Fire with this trick to ensure that you get back safely. Basically, it gives you a little bit more range because you started the attack off the stage.

And, yes, people will probably air dodge it. It's still useful against people who don't, though. I often find myself missing by a hair. This helps eliminate that problem.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Is there any way to simulate this without setting c-stick to Special, you think?
Of course, you just have to be quick moving the thumbstick from one direction to the other. Because the aerial momentum you get while using Din's Fire is mainly defined by your movement from before using the attack, you'll still be able to do a decent fade-away.

Lightningmage

Smash Journeyman
I usually hit both of them to make sure, but I consciously use R (right handed)

You can simulate this effect, though it takes SUPER-TIGHT timing. Facing right, run and jump. Now hit Left+B and immediately hit right. You should be facing right, bounced back and be controlling the fire. It can be done without the B-Stick (I'm not that great with one-frame timing and I can do it 1/5 times on average) so it takes a lot of practice but it can be done.

I couldn't play smash without smashes being on C-Stick.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I usually hit both of them to make sure, but I consciously use R (right handed)

You can simulate this effect, though it takes SUPER-TIGHT timing. Facing right, run and jump. Now hit Left+B and immediately hit right. You should be facing right, bounced back and be controlling the fire. It can be done without the B-Stick (I'm not that great with one-frame timing and I can do it 1/5 times on average) so it takes a lot of practice but it can be done.

I couldn't play smash without smashes being on C-Stick.
Heh, I actually have two controller configs: One for characters I b-stick with (Zelda, ZSS, Lucas) and one for characters I don't.

I find that b-sticking is far better than a quick and easy smash most of the time.

Top Bottom