• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC-Echo and Lord Karn Present Super Special Awesome Billcake 9/20

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Ok everyone here is the info about the 2nd Bi-weekly. We have space for around 8-10 setups, last time we had 7 running. Just like last time we will be running Brawl, Melee, and N64, if there is time and interest we may run crews. Bill Justice was awesome (we had 30 or so people) lets make this one even better. We can house people if anyone needs it. Post below please if you plan to bring a setup.

Date/Schedule

Saturday, September 20th
12:00 Registration for Melee will open
1:00 Melee doubles will start
Melee doubles will be followed by Melee Singles then Brawl doubles and then Brawl singles. N64 will start at some point during Melee or Brawl.

Address

425 Hillsborough St, apartment 6c
Chapel Hill, NC 27514

Rules

Melee: Pound Rules

Brawl: CH4 rules except for legal stages which is listed below.

Neutral:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter:
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brintar
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Norfair
Rainbow Cruise

Hanenbow is legal as counter pick for teams

N64: Standard Rule set (let me know if you are unfamiliar with it)

Neutral:
All stages

Ness rule: If either player plays as Ness during any match Saffron City will be banned automatically for that match and does not need to be chosen as the banned stage.

Price
All singles events will be $5 entry fee.
All doubles events will be $10 entry fee per team.

Payouts
All money put into entering the tournament goes into the pot

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Setups:

NC-Echo and Lord Karn: Brawl/Melee= 2 N64= 2

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
So who's bringing the cupcakes?

I'll be able to bring a Smash 64 setup with two controllers like last time for sure. I may have a TV to bring now, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to take it yet.

Bill, you play Melee? We should play.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
You're killing me with this "no pirate ship" shiz, for srs.

I'll probably be there.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Honestly, I think you should just use the SBR rule/stage set. It's the most... complete that I've seen.

I should be there in any case, repping the Ness-Fu.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
We considered it but they have a lot of stages open to discretion and they have some really stupid stages as legal. Pokemon stadium 2 for example. So we just decided to make our own list. It is pretty close to theirs anyway. I'll talk with Alex tonight and we may update with more stages but we may not.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Argggh, I have only have a verrrry slim chance of making this. It'll be more likely that I'll make it to the one afterwards. I miss the scene sooo much!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
You know what? I may be able to do this after all. Haven't discussed this with my parents yet, but I guess I'll try to make one early so I can make another one later on this year. Not sure how well they'll take it though, but I need to get back out there, so I'm goin for it.

Lol edit: just asked, and there's no way. I hate being so farrr away!!

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I'm confused. Why is Saffron City banned for Ness?

Oh yeah. I need a partner for Melee and Brawl. As usual.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
I'm confused. Why is Saffron City banned for Ness?

Oh yeah. I need a partner for Melee and Brawl. As usual.
It is banned because if Ness falls in between any of the buildings he can't up-b cause it will always hit the wall. The rule of the stage always being banned was pretty much standard during N64 competitive play.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Mask: We'll definitely have to try to work in some friendlies this time around. Also, we will not fall for McD's mindgames. When we're through with it, it will be surprised that it has a drive through.

Bill & Alex: Whoever named this thing is an idiot. Where the hell do you get your ideas?

gameboii

Smash Cadet
best tourney name EVER, lol.

i'll be there again, and i might have like 5 others to bring with me. WE ROLL DEEP SON!!!!!!!!!

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
billbillbill, this all depends on if yeroc decides to come then ill have to team with him. If not its you and me for both. Hopefully ill find out soon and let you know for sure. Also i left my phone charger at your place over there near that bike, please save it for me until this tourney thx.

Malk ill be your teammate wink wink

ptown

Smash Ace
i've got strategies for spear pillar, for both pokemanz. can you make that stage at least counterpick (better yet, neutral?)?

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I need a teammate for both events, people. Who wants to team with an IC/Younglink/Mewtwo in Melee and an IC/GaW/Ness in Brawl? I'm also somewhat competent in Jigglypuff in both games.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
i've got strategies for spear pillar, for both pokemanz. can you make that stage at least counterpick (better yet, neutral?)?

The problem with S.P. is the reverse controls during recovery. And the 3rd pokeyman (the one who throws **** to kill you) is just match breaking. The stage is too arbitrary to be even a CP.

baheffron

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone, I think I can make it. I'm sort of new to the tourney scene, I used to live in SC where there isnt much of a tourney scene. I was decent at melee, though - wd, shffling and all. Anyway, it sounds fun, I'll definitely be entering in the melee tourney.

Any of you guys go to chapel hill?

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I'm bringing more people with me this time. Most of the people that smash around here that I told all want to go.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
There's no way I'm missing this one Adam, there's a chance it's the only one I'll get to go to for a while. Plus I need to get my pillow back from Karn :grin: We should team for all 3 games if we have time for both in SSB.

I can probably bring my nice new tv with Wii, N64, and all 3 games. It might lag on 64 a bit, I can't really tell, and if it lags on Wii it's only a frame or less because I can play Melee on it just fine; component cables are the freakin win.

Top Bottom