• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread!

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
So is anybody up near the chapel hill area that might want to chill and play smash Tuesday/Wednesday? Headed over that way and thought there might be somebody that would want to play

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm sort of dumb, and probably should've specified I meant next Tuesday/Wednesday. Ha but yeah if you're able to play either of those days I'll hit you up when I head over there.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
OK, I just had a wacky idea that I don't expect anybody to take me up on, but I'm going to put it out there anyway. So there's a new Sheetz opening up near me tomorrow morning, and the first 10 people in line get a $100 gift card. Also, they have a huge sale on gas when they open. As a result, apparently people come from a hundred miles away to line up at midnight. I was thinking how it might be possible for me be one of those, and what I would do to pass the time in line, and I thought it would be awesome to play smash. And so, like, you guys play smash. You should come play smash with me in line. So if you want to play smash all night and fill up your tank for free and have $50 left over, PM me and get your spontaneous *** over to Graham, NC.

big sleep

չչչ
^i can help u there

moses stayed the whole time i think, i only stopped by for a few hours.

it was one of the most amazing things ever.... chairs, sleeping bags, coolers, people with books, some cops, some old country folk half asleep, tailgatin kids, talking, waiting, reading, walking, sleeping, all lined up on the front side of a sheetz, illuminated by lights from every direction just waiting for that $100 gift card................

.......and then at the front of the line....... ****ing me moses and boney, clumped together, under the moon and stars playing melee on a big CRT placed on an upside-down crate while the sheetz radio is blasting **** like Jewel's 2001 hit "Standing Still".

truly a marvel to behold.

still dying laughing at that being Boney's combo video music. (sheetz combo video for the next one, LMFAO such an awful radio station.) still dying laughing at everything that happened.. best smash session i've had in a while. goddamn beautiful night i wish i could have stayed longer

yeah somethin like that

♫or aaaam i standinnn stilllll ♫ somethtin sommetthiin sometthiiiiiiiin ♫

hahahahaha ahhhhhhhh man f*** the S*** out of that song oh my god freal...

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
The free gas was good, but the discount was not as great as they were hyping it up. $3.09 (3.06 with card). Some of the guys who do this regularly said it can get below 3.

Cam is correct though. It was pretty much the greatest, and even though we had to stand in the 100-degree heat for hours, it was still better than the garage tourney at Lenny's house. People bring you donuts and soda and breakfast sandwiches. (someone said there's usually a smoothie truck, but we had no such luxury)

I'll be on the lookout for the next one, and will properly advertise it as a smash fest. Power strips on power strips, yo. Shoutouts to Moses for being the homey. Shoutouts to Cam for coming just to behold the spectacle and play a while. Shoutouts to Jewel for being genuinely awesome. Ef the hate, I love white people music.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
They're ongoing. There's already like 7 or 8 in Greensboro, so the next will probably not be in your backyard. They said you can find out about new ones on their facebook page, but I think I'd still rather not rejoin Facebook.

You can't go to another opening within 30 days though, so wait until we can synchronize our cycles. I corrected this in the other thread, but it was first FIFTY people, not ten, so we can definitely have a based smashfest.

Also, anti-shoutout to the Carolina Panthers fan who would not stop talking.

$mike

Smash Ace
^i can help u there

moses stayed the whole time i think, i only stopped by for a few hours.

it was one of the most amazing things ever.... chairs, sleeping bags, coolers, people with books, some cops, some old country folk half asleep, tailgatin kids, talking, waiting, reading, walking, sleeping, all lined up on the front side of a sheetz, illuminated by lights from every direction just waiting for that $100 gift card................

.......and then at the front of the line....... ****ing me moses and boney, clumped together, under the moon and stars playing melee on a big CRT placed on an upside-down crate while the sheetz radio is blasting **** like Jewel's 2001 hit "Standing Still".

truly a marvel to behold.

still dying laughing at that being Boney's combo video music. (sheetz combo video for the next one, LMFAO such an awful radio station.) still dying laughing at everything that happened.. best smash session i've had in a while. goddamn beautiful night i wish i could have stayed longer

yeah somethin like that

♫or aaaam i standinnn stilllll ♫ somethtin sommetthiin sometthiiiiiiiin ♫

hahahahaha ahhhhhhhh man f*** the S*** out of that song oh my god freal...
*peeps out of the couch* ... *yawn*

sounds like all this needed was some 64 and it would've been good.

big sleep

չչչ
taking all :yoshi64: dittos

lookin at u too tweetch

EDIT: moses basically killed me with that pic, well done sir indeed.

def lemme know about the next one, Bones

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
When is ReSe? This weekend or something?

There's always such a lull after July for tourneys. It'd be lame if we had to wait until the next NCSU for a tourney though.....

FC and TO8 will make schedules tough to host during though.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'm moving into my dorm on the 9th. After that I'll have easy access to Bragaw, so I'll look into reserving the room for something. Stingers is probably moving in a few days after me. Hopefully we'll be able to stagger tournaments, or something.

Top Bottom