• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NBA: Draft Night!

JLynn943

Smash Ace
You were completely robbed the other day. Even Pop said that it wasnt in time.
yeah, that's pretty much how it always goes with the Kings, lol. Unfortunately I'm kinda used to it by now

A King's fan? You know, Kevin Martin's one of the best players that nobody knows about outside of Sacramento.
Yeah, he's definitely very good. The Kings have some good young guys with Martin, Spencer Hawes, and Jason Thompson, but we lack a team mentality. Everyone thinks they can do it on their own. That, plus Beno Udrih has got to be the worst starting point guard in the league.

This offseason should help though. A high draft pick (hopefully #1), a new coach, and hopefully a new point guard, and maybe we'll be competitive next year. They've lost a couple of close games to good teams lately.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Well, "starting over" in the West is a horrible thing. Takes a lot of time to get to the elite level the Kings were years ago with Divac, Christie, Bibby, Jackson, and Webber.(Yes I know they still have BOBBY)

Yeah, if you want your team to start heading in the right direction, you need a good point guard..-_-

Skittleman

Smash Rookie
Yeah, he's definitely very good. The Kings have some good young guys with Martin, Spencer Hawes, and Jason Thompson, but we lack a team mentality..
I think that the kings do have some young talent but a lot of teams have this. The thunder could get a big man they would be great they have westbrook, durant and green, the Blazers are finally playing up to their potential with all their young talent, the Grizzlies have O.J. Mayo and Rudy Gay two great young players. I think the Kings are still far away from the playoffs.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Too bad they're facing the Lakers this year. They need a consistent super star power forward or center to compliment Williams, and Kirilenko is not that type of player. Maybe if Boozer hadn't gone injured for that long.

Suspect

Smash Hero
bout time my squad houston goes deep in the playoffs. I love t-mac and all but he is injured to much now, time to trade/drop

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
The Bulls vs the Celtics was a great game 1. Hahaha, can't believe this. Bulls win!

Rose had a monster game. *Watching Cavs vs Pistons now*

EMANuel

Smash Cadet
NBA playoffs are one of my favorite times of the year.

Die hard Laker fan here lol

Gonna go to Game 1 of Lakers/Jazz tomorrow...

so great

and LOL @ Boston

Good **** Derrick Rose

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Wow, did the KG injury and their GMs heart attack set them up or what? Even though NY isn't in it, I'm going for the Cavs.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
As a Heat fan, I am absolutely disgusted by tonight's performance. 39%? 19 turn overs? Wade with 8 of those 19 turn overs?

I don't know what to say.

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
The Hawks = Serious Business. Heat don't have much of a chance in this series.

Florida altogether may not make it through the first round.

My ancient spurs may lose, but I like the mavs so i'll deal >_>

EDIT:
(I'm a Derrick Rose Believer now, unbelievable.)

JLynn943

Smash Ace
wow, I can't believe that Hawks-Heat game. No one is really giving the Hawks much of a chance, but they certainly look like they came to win.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
Here's my take on the NBA playoffs:

I'm more excited for these playoffs than any other. We have the best two players, Kobe and Lebron. They are in opposite conferences. Their teams are actually GOOD, so we will see them compete deep into the playoffs, and likely against each other in finals.

EAST:
Cavs - Pistons: I live 15 minutes away from The Palace, but haven't cared about the Pistons since 2005. This team has no heart, it's talent is aged, and LeBron is the best player in the world. Remember those Lebron commercials, where there was 4 of him? Well, he's made the Old Lebron proud, went through Detroit.

Celtics - Bulls: Chicago stole game one. Garnett is out. This Boston team was taken to 7 games last year by Atlanta. Look out Beantown, Chi-town is an eastern version of the 2007 Warriors. But if Ray Allen pulls his head out of his butt, Celtics should be fine.

Magic - 76er's: This Philadelphia team took the Pistons to 7 games last year. Look for them to do the same to the Magic. Remember when Shaq was HAMMERING on Stan Van Gundy, saying his teams quit on him in the playoffs? Well maybe his moniker of "The Big Aristotle" was accurate afterall.

Hawks - Heat: Hawks will win. Dwyane runs all over veteran teams, but Atlanta can keep up.

WEST:
Lakers - Jazz: Wow, the Jazz are an 8-seed? Phoenix didn't even make the playoffs? God, the east sucks compared to these guys. I don't think Jerry Sloan will let his guys get swept, but Kobe (and fresh Bynum) won't mess around here.

Nuggets - Hornets: I'm glad to see Chauncey doing good elsewhere. God knows Detroit wasn't going anywhere. Not much to say here, I haven't watched either of these teams all year.

Spurs - Mavs: GO DALLAS!!!! I hate the Spurs so much. Everything about them. Those befuddled looks and shoulder shrugs they all give after a foul. As if they are incapable of fouling. It's especially ironic when Bruce Bowen does it. The man could be put in jail for some of the things he's done on the court. Good thing Manu "FLOPPER4LIFE" Ginobili got injured, nobody likes him. And Greg Popovich is one of the worst things to happen to basketball. However, San Antonio will probably win the series.

Blazers - Rockets: I thought this was gonna be the best 1st round matchup. Then the Blazers forgot to show up. I think Yao will finally get his first-round victory.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Here's my take on the NBA playoffs:

Spurs - Mavs: GO DALLAS!!!! I hate the Spurs so much. Everything about them. Those befuddled looks and shoulder shrugs they all give after a foul. As if they are incapable of fouling. It's especially ironic when Bruce Bowen does it. The man could be put in jail for some of the things he's done on the court. Good thing Manu "FLOPPER4LIFE" Ginobili got injured, nobody likes him. And Greg Popovich is one of the worst things to happen to basketball. However, San Antonio will probably win the series.

Blazers - Rockets: I thought this was gonna be the best 1st round matchup. Then the Blazers forgot to show up. I think Yao will finally get his first-round victory.
AMEN about the spurs thing, I HATE THEM and i live in san antonio.

about the rockets thing, that my fave team and its to bad tmac wont make it past 1st round lol >_>

rinoH

Smash Lord
Who doesnt hat the spurs and Dallas i believe will go all the way to the Western Conference Finals though Rockets have a chance too but Lakers are obviously in. I dont really care about the East except that i hate the Celtics.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I love how everyone is counting out the 2nd seeded Denver with a healthy K-mart, Billups, and Melo.

Anyone noticed that Melo doesn't play selfish anymore? Someone like Billups is what that team needed.

As far as my HEAT, they need to win this next road game at all costs.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
This is the year the Pistons reign of Eastern Confernce appearances is over. The Cavs are going to make it to the finals I believe. Will they be able to win a four game series against the Western Conference winner? They stand a good chance. I'm hoping for a Denver/Cleveland final. I'm a Pistons fan but with all the trades firings they made in the last year I'm disapointed. So glad Chauncy is having a great season.

The Bulls and Celtics series right now is awsome! I hope it goes all the way to a game 7.

~rh

Smash Lord
Man, that Celtics game was intense. Point for point games like that are amazing.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
While I love what's going on with the Celtics-Bulls series, these are really bad news for the Celtics. They were not supposed to struggle this much without KG, or maybe KG should have ranked higher in the MVP voting.

Over 100+ points in both games so far? Nice D.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
If spurs can take the series vs. the Mavs i think that's as far as they'll get depending on who they get. I mean honestly, they cna play real good without ginobili but in past series they have come up short, or won solely because of how ginobili plays. Wonder how they'll do without him.

Celtics bulls is interesting as is Nuggets and whoever they're palying i forgot and i saw it yesterday LOL.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Lol alot of Spurs haters in here.

I watched the Houston/Portland game. In case you havent heard yet, he buckled his knee on a rebound. He was on the ground screaming and in tears, and was carried off in a stretcher. After the game, he announced retirement. He's always been one of my favorites and was glad to see him with the rox this year. And it warmed my heart to see the Portland fans giving him a long standing ovation.

Im really gonna his finger wag after each block :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMCjbzBHD-8

Suspect

Smash Hero
now i really need spurs to lose, i bet this chick that if they lost she has to take me out to eat. vice versa

Smash Master
**** Chicago, you scary.

Just watched the Double overtime game four. It was well worth the watching.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Pistons got swept. They deserved to be though. Cleveland is too good and Detroit's front office made bad choices getting rid of Chauncy and Flip. Even if Detroit would have had Billups and Saunders Cleveland still would have won the series anyhow; but more than likely in the 2nd round and in game 6 or 7. Cavs are gonna get good rest while everyone else in the East slugs it out.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pistons got swept. They deserved to be though. Cleveland is too good and Detroit's front office made bad choices getting rid of Chauncy and Flip. Even if Detroit would have had Billups and Saunders Cleveland still would have won the series anyhow; but more than likely in the 2nd round and in game 6 or 7. Cavs are gonna get good rest while everyone else in the East slugs it out.
the pistons are tired of coming in second place. they werent going to win the championship this year, period, so they traded chauncy in hopes of developing stuckey who looked like a all star potential point guard in the making. they traded for A.I.'s expiring 20 million or so contract so they can be able to rebuild next year.

the pistons build to win a championship, period. its easy to say, now, that maybe the pistons made a mistake, i dont know, but back then, it seemed like a damn good plan.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Look at all the people on page 7 counting the Heat out of it.
heh i know, right? i never was one of those...youve seen what wade can do (see 2006 championship where he single-handledly beat the dallas mavericks.)

a wade vs lebron series would be fun to watch. if i recall correctly, heat has always done relatively well against the cavs in the regular season.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I'm glad Wade is not letting us down.

Although I hate it when he passes it to Chalmers, I always get nervous and yell "PASS IT BACK TO WADE, YOU'LL TURN IT OVER ****IT!"

Smash Master
Lol.

I worry that Wade is gonna collapse from exhaustion one of these days. It's nice to see others exerting themselves on offense every now and then.

Chalmers has very quick hands, though.

pockyD

Smash Legend
heh i know, right? i never was one of those...youve seen what wade can do (see 2006 championship where he single-handledly beat the dallas mavericks.)
wait wait, wait

you mean when the refs helped him beat the mavericks?

on the other hand, he still gets those calls nowadays, so it's not that different

Top Bottom