• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NBA: Draft Night!

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I will always be a Grizzlies fan...

And I will always start to cry when the postseason comes around :(

JLynn943

Smash Ace
First and foremost, I'm a Sacramento Kings fan. However, they aren't having much of a season...

Also, I'm an Allen Iverson fan. I will like any team he plays for. So right now I like the Pistons :) When I started watching basketball was the year he took the 76ers to the finals against the Lakers and managed to beat them in game 1. It was easy to like him with how hard he plays.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
Good topic! I'm a die hard Knicks fan, even though I'm from Michigan. Nate Robinson is the best. LeBron James will be a Knick in 2010, just watch. I'd say my LEAST favorite team is the Spurs, sorry JonBeBonanza.
I listen to pretty much every Knick game on the NBA internet radio feed, and watch about half the Pistons games. I would like to see LA vs. Cleveland in the Finals this year.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Alright, an NBA thread!!!! I think the LA Kobe's are gonna take it, but I still have hope in my Hawks
Hawks are extremely impressive this year, alot of people thought last year was a fluke. They got absolutely robbed in the Boston series.

I've never watched a full basketball game.

Maybe I should :S
You havent lived yet D:

I will always be a Grizzlies fan...

And I will always start to cry when the postseason comes around :(
You gave the lakers Gasol for a ham samich. Boooooo. Although your set as far as salary cap goes.

Where my Spurs fans????

We're old as ****, but **** we're a dynasty.
*raises hand*
Been a die hard spurs fan as far back as I can remember. I think it was the 98 season, when timmie was a rookie.

Good topic! I'm a die hard Knicks fan, even though I'm from Michigan. Nate Robinson is the best. LeBron James will be a Knick in 2010, just watch. I'd say my LEAST favorite team is the Spurs, sorry JonBeBonanza.
I listen to pretty much every Knick game on the NBA internet radio feed, and watch about half the Pistons games. I would like to see LA vs. Cleveland in the Finals this year.
How come a Knicks fan hates the Spurs? lol

D

Deleted member

I'm a Pistons fan. The thing I hate about basketball is how the regular season is so unimportant.

Smash Master
I don't like watching the Spurs play. I'd rather watch Wade swim through five guys and finish with a reverse layup while tumbling to the floor for the and-1 than wath Duncan hold the ball for five seconds and then hit a bank shot. Also, solid defense isn't as fun to watch as great, inconsistent defense.

Also, I hate the Pistons. There are too many bad attitudes on that team.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I don't like watching the Spurs play. I'd rather watch Wade swim through five guys and finish with a reverse layup while tumbling to the floor for the and-1 than wath Duncan hold the ball for five seconds and then hit a bank shot. Also, solid defense isn't as fun to watch as great, inconsistent defense.

Also, I hate the Pistons. There are too many bad attitudes on that team.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QiR0t7rw7g

Im sorry you dont enjoy watching the quietest dynasty in sports.

Smash Master
OMG Ginobili > Wade !1!!one

no.

I liked the steal / going to the rim better than the ball movement/ three pointer. That's kind of my point

Wade deperately needs a team over there in Miami.

I know the Spurs are good; that doesn't make them any less of a snoozefest to watch.

Hopefully they won't make it to the finals this year. I'd like to be entertained enough to actually watch.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I dunno, is there a reason a Knicks fan should like the Spurs?!
Actually, I guess your right. Forgot about 99. They did pretty good during the trade deadline. Hughes seems like a nice fit for the offense. I hope they make it to the playoffs this year cuz they really seem like an upset worthy squad.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
I'ven been a die hard spurs fan since i could poop. I bleed black and silver. And you cannot say spurs are not exciting to watch, they have this one guy i think his name is Manu, yeah that's it. HAHAH TOOOO MOTER ****ING GOOD.

Yo nike, when i turn 18 (which is like in 2 weeks) my mom said it would be cool for me to travel to tourneys more, i know you're up in SA so we shall flirt, i mean talk about basketball, heck maybe catch a game who knows.

But tell me you remember this, Spurs Laker, Duncan hits the insane fade-away at the thop of the key for the lead, and than that ******* fisher hit's that .4 shot.

Idk about you, but i cried. I cried when duncan hit that shot, my entire family had heart attacks, and when fisher hit that ****, i'm pretty sure we all died. it's a miracle that i'm still here standing.

And spurs will go the the playoffs EVERY year as long as pop is coaching, you can quote me on that.

BTW my favorite sport is football (soccer for the ***s) LOL.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
For every exciting play Manu makes, it is completely negated the next time down the floor when he flops on defense, or often, flops on offense as well. As a matter of fact, most of the Spurs are infamous for flopping or playing dirty. As in Bruce Bowen. If the Spurs got rid of Bruce Bowen I wouldn't have such a deep hate for them, but as it stands, I see them as abusers of the game.
But to be honest, Tim and Tony are both on my Fantasy team, so I can appreciate how good they play.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
For every exciting play Manu makes, it is completely negated the next time down the floor when he flops on defense, or often, flops on offense as well. As a matter of fact, most of the Spurs are infamous for flopping or playing dirty. As in Bruce Bowen. If the Spurs got rid of Bruce Bowen I wouldn't have such a deep hate for them, but as it stands, I see them as abusers of the game.
But to be honest, Tim and Tony are both on my Fantasy team, so I can appreciate how good they play.
meh...bowen doesnt play that much anymore... hes been replaced by a younger roger mason / matt bonner / george hill and other players.

that being said.. flopping is hilarious. anyways...

i predict that cleveland wins this year. boston, despite rondo playiing better than last year, is a year older. lakers are the lakers last year without andrew bynum... i predict, if ginobli is healthy by playoffs, that the finals are cavs vs spurs..

Nike.

Smash Hero
I'ven been a die hard spurs fan since i could poop. I bleed black and silver. And you cannot say spurs are not exciting to watch, they have this one guy i think his name is Manu, yeah that's it. HAHAH TOOOO MOTER ****ING GOOD.

Yo nike, when i turn 18 (which is like in 2 weeks) my mom said it would be cool for me to travel to tourneys more, i know you're up in SA so we shall flirt, i mean talk about basketball, heck maybe catch a game who knows.

But tell me you remember this, Spurs Laker, Duncan hits the insane fade-away at the thop of the key for the lead, and than that ******* fisher hit's that .4 shot.

Idk about you, but i cried. I cried when duncan hit that shot, my entire family had heart attacks, and when fisher hit that ****, i'm pretty sure we all died. it's a miracle that i'm still here standing.

Lol yea no fan of spurs will ever forget that day. Since the lakers 3peat, spurs always come close to winning the whole thing every year. The 3 times they didnt were out of reach series, and couldve easily been a 6peat.

And yes, I would be most down for that. I housed 27 people the night after FS5. On the tourny in march21, I'll have dojo and santi over for the weekend.

Cant deny the truth. Alot of floppers in the league. Suprisingly, The bowen cheapness almost never shines. This entire season, Ive seen him make an obvious flop, which was sticking his foot out during a 3pointer. Ref called offensive foul.

Manu flopping only really shines (to me anyway) when hes playin against Barbosa. Those 2 always go at it everytime they meet.

meh...bowen doesnt play that much anymore... hes been replaced by a younger roger mason / matt bonner / george hill and other players.

that being said.. flopping is hilarious. anyways...

i predict that cleveland wins this year. boston, despite rondo playiing better than last year, is a year older. lakers are the lakers last year without andrew bynum... i predict, if ginobli is healthy by playoffs, that the finals are cavs vs spurs..
Pop is resting him for the playoffs. he comes out when Spurs play against a SG/SF All Star, and still makes himself known defensively.

Rushbaby

Smash Cadet
manu, nash, dirk, andre miller, haslem, bogut. All masters of the flop. but hey, it's a defensive skill and since they got rid of hand-checking (bogus) it's become sexy to flop. see Divac, Vlade.

Nike.

Smash Hero
manu, nash, dirk, andre miller, haslem, bogut. All masters of the flop. but hey, it's a defensive skill and since they got rid of hand-checking (bogus) it's become sexy to flop. see Divac, Vlade.
You forget raja bell. He rivals manu

There going to a tourny here that weekend. And there prolly gonna check out UTSA since they got accepted there.

Santi

Smash Lord
I used to love the Nets with Kidd and VC.
Used to love the pacers with Miller and O'Neal.
Used to love the Wizards.
Used to Love the Suns till they lost me too much money to San Antonio.
Used to love the Kings.

Eh. Go Cavs?

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
I got into UTSA too, but from the looks of it, they don't have anything related to medicine.
Which is why i'm leaning more towards the Valley and UTPA.

Santi, check if they have anything related to medicine/health... preferably nursing.

Clone Z

Smash Journeyman
So Cavs got this. People like Delonte West and Mo Williams can score. And when they don't score, Lebron will drop a triple double on you.

Smash Master
That was pretty bananas.

I remember game five of the East finals when he dropped 29 of his teams last 30 on the Pistons.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
I was at that game......

I was also at the "Malice at the Palace" game where Ron Artest ran into the stands. As well as Game 5 of the 2004 Finals where the Pistons won. I've seen the ups and downs of the Palace, thats for sure!

Smash Master
I don't attend sporting events. It seems like it would be the same as watching on TV except with more noise, more undesirable people, more financial cost, and less comfortable seats.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
alright you all...

first off...flopping is an art. its part of the game. if you are cunning enough to pull off the flop so that the refs are oblivious to it... so be it. honestly, i have SOMEWHAT of a respect for floppers. again, its an art. some are better at it than others. until they implement that rule that they were considering - the one where they issue a tech everytime someone flops - then so be it.

that being said...

is anyone going to challenge my claim that the finals is going to feature spurs vs cavs? if everyone is healthy on the spurs, than i think they are > than the lakers.

likewise, lebron is too much. a healthy delonte / mo / supporting cast may be too much for the celts. may be too much.... i guess either celts or cavs are going to come up top in the east... but i do pick spurs over lakers. spurs has a very consistent duncan in them whereas lakers dont have a consistent gasol/odom in them... at least when it counts.

Smash Master
Arguing about which team is better is pointless. We'll never have a statistically signifigant sample. Watch the game and enjoy it; it's stupid to get too attached to one particualr city.

I've never seen Duncan put up 81 though.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
alright you all...

first off...flopping is an art. its part of the game. if you are cunning enough to pull off the flop so that the refs are oblivious to it... so be it. honestly, i have SOMEWHAT of a respect for floppers. again, its an art. some are better at it than others. until they implement that rule that they were considering - the one where they issue a tech everytime someone flops - then so be it.

that being said...

is anyone going to challenge my claim that the finals is going to feature spurs vs cavs? if everyone is healthy on the spurs, than i think they are > than the lakers.
Flopping is truly an art, i agree. I give credit where it's due, holding the ball is also a good tactic, dirty but still a good tactic. Example: I was at our schools girls 3rd round state playoff game. We are the Moody Trojans playing against the Ray Texas. Last time they played the texas beat them by forty. This time with playoffs on the line, going in the fourth our girls (Lady Trojans) where down by 8. Begining of the fourth the Texans start holding the ball. High school only plays with 8 minutes, and no shot clock. The pg from the Texans HELD the ball at the top court ( past half court of course) and STOOD there. Our girls were playing a 2-3 zone for they were playing a half court trap most of the game and could have been tired etc. etc. Anyways, since the BEGINNING of the fourth the girls were holding the ball, just passing around and **** at one point the held the ball for a FULL minute. To which i stood up from the stands and yelled "MINDGAMES" at the top of my already horse throat.

My point. The Texans were up by 8, they were obviously threatened because they weren't dominating our girls like their previous encounter. I WAS PISSED. But it was an effective strategy because every time our girls would press the person with the ball, our zone would **** up and they would score EASY two down low. EASY. I was jsut pissed that they were holding the ball for almost an entire quarter, that's some **** you do with a minute or so, but 8??? P-U-S-S-I-E-S... but effective strategy, as i flopping.

Arguing about which team is better is pointless. We'll never have a statistically signifigant sample. Watch the game and enjoy it; it's stupid to get too attached to one particualr city.

I've never seen Duncan put up 81 though.

YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY not a fan. Coming from the guy that doesn't find it entertaining to go to any sporting event, i can't take you seriously.

And i've yet to seen Kobe win a championship since daddy's departure to Miami.

Smash Master
You have a sample size of three championships. I have a sample size of like 1000 games. Who's results can produce a reasonable conclusion?

Also, flopping and holding the ball are both effective, but not entertaining to watch, which is why we should implement rules to get rid of them on a professional level.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
LOL, you think those are the only 3 games I've been to? I go to TONS of games, those are just some of the biggest. Sorry to change a variable in your experiment.
There's nothing wrong with liking to watch games on TV instead of being there, I'm just guessing you've seen nothing but meaningless, boring games.

Smash Master
No, three is the number of championships up for grabs since Shaq left the Lakers.

Just because Kobe did not win one of those three doesn't mean he is incapable of winning championships without Shaq.

The fact that Duncan has not scored 81 in over 1000 games in his career is strong evidence that he is incapable of scoring 81. Has he ever even had a 40 point game?

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Of course Duncan has scored over 40, i think his career high is like 53 or around there. But look at it this way, how many other players have scored 81? Not even Mj scored that, does that mean Mj sucks? Me and his 6 rings don't think so. Don't get me wrong either Kobe is a REMARKABLE player, but Duncan doesn't even have to score more than 20 a game, his TEAM can do the rest. Can't say the same for Lakers.

And as for flopping and "camping" [lol] they can't do anything about it. Fouls in general can go both ways t times, their are always gonna be questionable calls by officials. So flopping stays in, and as for holding the ball, like you said:
not entertaining to watch
With that being said, a team that flops wont bring in many fans, you wouldn't go to those games. Hell i wouldn't even watch them. But there are much more factors to take into consideration. If you care what they are, ask and i'll tell you, but i'm hoping you know what they are so i don't have to type all this ****.

Oh and happy ash wednesday to all, i gave up cussing :(.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
who cares if duncan hasnt scored 81, what does that even mean?

it doesnt mean that duncan is NOT capable of scoring 81, his game isnt geared to put up huge numbers. besides scoring 20 a night, he also pulls down 10+ rebounds and is also a defensive anchor for his team. duncan has been the most consistent guy ive seen in a long time...he just does his thing night in and night out.

I don't know why this is even a conversation...kobe has put up the second highest scoring game in history with his 81. No one else besides he and wilt has done the same. does that mean everyone else isnt as good as kobe?

Marbury finally being bought out by the knicks and most probably going to join the celtics interests me. I can't wait to see how that plays out.

Top Bottom